Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RIP Pantheon

2»

Comments

• RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    Originally posted by Ikonis
    Originally posted by Nirrtix
    Originally posted by Buccaneer

RIP Pantheon

just because the KS failed it failed for many reasons

1.KS got hacked...

2.There was an active campaign by people from sites like rerolled to nix the kickstarter.

3. Many are dissing Brad over the Vanguard game over things that were for the most part not his fault.

In the end it jsut means they need another form of funding... it means jack. They had 8% highest pledges of any game ever on kickstarter... that says something...

And here comes the fanbase with the excuses and bull. Exactly the reason I did not pledge. Purely out of spite for the community,

The funny part to me is the "They had 8% highest pledges of any game ever on Kickstarter." If that were even close to the truth they would have made their goal and been past it... Which they didn't. Their Kickstarter progress was literally at a crawl the whole entire time.

Smile

• BuccaneerBuccaneer Member UncommonPosts: 654
    Originally posted by Nirrtix

Bucccaneer to say they abandoned it for their website is rediculous... the website has less beneficial tiers... (they are honoring the teirs of those who pledged on the KS though) and the website pledging did not go live until after the KS was over.... secondly, it does not take the whole team to make the damn website.

If you are going to start that rant about how the devs were not on the KS site 24/7... OMG would you rather them shooting the shit with us, or actually making the game? I choose the latter.

IMO I feel they should have devoted more time to the KS.  The KS was a window of opportunity to gain considerable funds to help develop the game.  The kick starter should of had priority.  Get the funding then work on the game.  Now the team is on the back foot.   The funding is reset to zero and the team have to hope the 3k backers all pledge to the private site, which is not guaranteed.

Unfortunately the website is just a cut and paste of the contents from the failed KS and I have a feeling it is going to be as successful as the KS.   I hope Brad and the team will prove me wrong and produce a game the fans want. Until then I will wait on the sidelines before donating any money.

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912
    If you want to discuss the campaign's end, that's fine, but offering a "RIP Pantheon" and a Titanic gif doesn't make a discussion thread and it can be seen as a little baiting.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.