Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starvault posts continued loses for 2013 (Full year and Q4)

Comments

• crysentcrysent Member UncommonPosts: 841

I would love a privately ran Mortal Online.  

When the game was in middle beta it was so much fun.  The most fun I've ever had an a MMO.  When resources were simple to get and NPCs crafted for you.  There was constant small and large scale PvP all over the place.  It was so much fun.

Then they introduced the various crafting, resource gathering time sinks...add in all the exploits that have been used over the games existence (dupes, hacks, exploits) and you have a mess of a situation.  One day it hit me..I was spending hours and hours gathering resources, crafting and gearing myself and guildies, only to get killed by someone using the ghost armor exploit, or who had ungodly amount of resources as a result of duping.

Thinking of the flying exploit and speed hacks used early on as well by pks to mass pk.  It was just a massive mess.  Essentially players who followed the rules were at a HUGE disadvantage to those who did not.  Add in that SV was notoriously slow to respond to exploits and hacks in game, and rumors abound of gm flirtation with certain notorious guilds.

I'm telling you, if they took it back to middle beta, when resources were easy to find and npcs took care of crafting I'd rebuy the game and pay 20.00 a month.  

This game could (and could have) do much better, but that would involve SV realizing and admiting to all the mistakes they have made.  This game, in its current state is so far beyond saving IMO: there only hope would be to re-release it, like FFXIV after significant revamps and wipes of everything:  MO should be a PvP game, get rid of the absurd crafting systems and resources gathering crap.

• ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411
    Originally posted by Lahuzer
    Originally posted by Slapshot1188

So we can say that games like Camelot Unchained and  Shroud of the Avatar have LAUNCHED because they are on a test server testing parts of the game?   Please, the depths this discussion has sunk to are laughable.

We don't need to redefine what the definition of LAUNCHED is.  Everyone knows what it means and it doesn't mean on an internal "test server" with a  dozen people with an unknown ETA.

This wasn't a game. This was a UPGRADE to the ENGINE. BIG difference. The game is alive and kicking.

Doesn't really matter whether it is about a game, a patch or an upgrade. When you say it's launched - it means it's on the live, public server, not on a test server, period. Don't go twisting around established terms, thank you.

• LahuzerLahuzer Member UncommonPosts: 782
    Originally posted by Toferio

So we can say that games like Camelot Unchained and  Shroud of the Avatar have LAUNCHED because they are on a test server testing parts of the game?   Please, the depths this discussion has sunk to are laughable.

We don't need to redefine what the definition of LAUNCHED is.  Everyone knows what it means and it doesn't mean on an internal "test server" with a  dozen people with an unknown ETA.

This wasn't a game. This was a UPGRADE to the ENGINE. BIG difference. The game is alive and kicking.

Doesn't really matter whether it is about a game, a patch or an upgrade. When you say it's launched - it means it's on the live, public server, not on a test server, period. Don't go twisting around established terms, thank you.

I'm saying that he didn't say where it was launched, just that it was launched, so you can't say it's a straight up lie, cause it ain't. Bad wording? Sure. But not a lie. If not. Feel free to sue them, and let's see if it holds in court. Good luck with that..

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,987

This quote from the programmer (this week) should really put the silly and futile argument to bed.  For those wondering Myrland is the current continent so he is talking about screenshots of the current continent with the new engine:

1. Sebastian PerssonDeveloper

Agamenon said:

Thanks.

When we see any screens about, new engine,TC and the new continent?

I could take a SS of the new Myrland but it's not finished at all and I'm not sure it will do the upgrade justice.

No matter how hard a select few try to gloss over things, facts will always come out.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

This quote from the programmer (this week) should really put the silly and futile argument to bed.  For those wondering Myrland is the current continent so he is talking about screenshots of the current continent with the new engine:

Agamenon said:

Thanks.

I could take a SS of the new Myrland but it's not finished at all and I'm not sure it will do the upgrade justice.

No matter how hard a select few try to gloss over things, facts will always come out.

He says it ain't finished and the screens the guy want, will not do the new engine upgrade justice. What's wrong with that? This just shows the engine upgrade is done to test server, but since it ain't completed, the screenshot wouldn't show the engine upgrade in full bloom.

This quote from the programmer (this week) should really put the silly and futile argument to bed.  For those wondering Myrland is the current continent so he is talking about screenshots of the current continent with the new engine: Sebastian PerssonDeveloper   Agamenon said: ?   Thanks.

He says it ain't finished and the screens the guy want, will not do the new engine upgrade justice. What's wrong with that? This just shows the engine upgrade is done to test server, but since it ain't completed, the screenshot wouldn't show the engine upgrade in full bloom.

I cannot follow this logic so I will just let them stand (along with the financial chart) for folks to evaluate on their own.

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• ilivesilives Member Posts: 418
    Originally posted by deathshroud
    yet the game still continues

Not on its own, it's been a commercial failure since release with 3.5+ years in the RED. The game could have zero population and Henrik would still keep it running out of sheer vanity.

Where have all the "good" shills gone?

Agamenon said: ?

Thanks.

I cannot follow this logic so I will just let them stand (along with the financial chart) for folks to evaluate on their own.

What logic? It's right there in the quote you posted. Pretty straight forward if you ask me. It's alittle funny when you call it fact, when it speaks in favor of what me and others said all along. So, I'm fine with letting these facts stand...

Thanks.

What logic?

You missed the point entirely. image

• McJer84McJer84 Member UncommonPosts: 15
    Ive actually thought of going back and playing the game a bit. I started at launch and it was buggy as hell. However when I forgot to cancel my sub they charged me for the next month. I sent in an email asking for my 15 bucks back and they pretty much told me to go fuck myself. I know it was my fault, but I would have gone back and played again by now had they simply refunded my money.
  • NephaeriusNephaerius Member UncommonPosts: 1,671

Thanks.

What logic? It's right there in the quote you posted. Pretty straight forward if you ask me. It's alittle funny when you call it fact, when it speaks in favor of what me and others said all along. So, I'm fine with letting these facts stand...

If the engine upgrade is launched then it should be done right?  Oh wait.....  I forgot launched meant we have an incomplete version of it on the test server....

Steam: Neph

Originally posted by ilives

Thanks.

What logic?

You missed the point entirely. image

Rly? Why don't you tell what was wrong with how I interpreted what Sebastian said, to how Slappy did? Wheres the logic? I only see two people interpreting a quote differently. Help me out, ohh wise Banana...

Thanks.

I rest my case :-) 

Originally posted by Nephaerius

Thanks.

If the engine upgrade is launched then it should be done right?  Oh wait.....  I forgot launched meant we have an incomplete version of it on the test server....

You understand that.  I understand that.  99.9% of the population understand that.  Some people want to debate what the meaning of "is", is.  Best not to argue and just let folks read what was written above.  It speaks for itself.

Originally posted by Nephaerius

Thanks.

You understand that.  I understand that.  99.9% of the population understand that.  Some people want to debate what the meaning of "is", is.  Best not to argue and just let folks read what was written above.  It speaks for itself.

No. Why should it be done? It's launched to test server, like they've said, and they work on fixing Myrland on the new engine. It's not like the entire enviroment automatically gets a makeover by itself... Hence "I could take a SS of the new Myrland but it's not finished at all and I'm not sure it will do the upgrade justice".

• Raxxo82Raxxo82 Member UncommonPosts: 150
    When I played MO about a year ago it was very, VERY buggy and had ALOT of issues. Nonetheless I havent had as fun in a mmorpg since my first time in a MMO (EQ1). The danger I felt when running through commonlands, or Oasis as a newb came back to me in MO. Why? Cause in MO they just throw you into a world full of dangers and adventures. No, - go here and talk to this dude, then pick 5 pretty flowers. In MO if u are a social misfit who is afraid of asking others for direction, the learning curve will be steap to say the least. Next week Im gonna reopen my MO account and play til EQNext comes out. Then when I get tired of devs holding my hand ( yes they will in eqN) I ll jump into MO and get my head chopped off and my loot n gear stolen :). Yes full, ffa pvp action were dying actually means something. Was thinking of trying ESO, but after seeing more or less all the pvp clips coming out it just looks sooo horrible. GW2 much...just yuck! For PvE I hope EQN will be enboyable enough for me to stick to, for pvp, its gonna be MO.

Originally posted by Raxxo82
    When I played MO about a year ago it was very, VERY buggy and had ALOT of issues. Nonetheless I havent had as fun in a mmorpg since my first time in a MMO (EQ1). The danger I felt when running through commonlands, or Oasis as a newb came back to me in MO. Why? Cause in MO they just throw you into a world full of dangers and adventures. No, - go here and talk to this dude, then pick 5 pretty flowers. In MO if u are a social misfit who is afraid of asking others for direction, the learning curve will be steap to say the least. Next week Im gonna reopen my MO account and play til EQNext comes out. Then when I get tired of devs holding my hand ( yes they will in eqN) I ll jump into MO and get my head chopped off and my loot n gear stolen :). Yes full, ffa pvp action were dying actually means something. Was thinking of trying ESO, but after seeing more or less all the pvp clips coming out it just looks sooo horrible. GW2 much...just yuck! For PvE I hope EQN will be enboyable enough for me to stick to, for pvp, its gonna be MO.

You should keep a eye on The Repopulation and Shroud of the Avatar as well. I think they can bring something to the sandbox table as well. But once this engine upgrade go live with MO, it's gonna be nice to see how it will be.

You should keep a eye on The Repopulation and Shroud of the Avatar as well. I think they can bring something to the sandbox table as well. But once this engine upgrade go live with MO, it's gonna be nice to see how it will be.

History tells us what will happen with the engine upgrade.  They have done this twice in the past...  we know how it ends up.

History tells us what will happen with the engine upgrade.  They have done this twice in the past...  we know how it ends up.

Hey... Third time's a charm right? ;)

I was thinking more along the lines of "Fool me once shame on you.  Fool me twice shame on me.  Fool me a 3rd time..."

I was thinking more along the lines of "Fool me once shame on you.  Fool me twice shame on me.  Fool me a 3rd time..."

They aren't fooling any1. Any1 can test the updates now. Won't cost any1 a penny. If you had to pay for the game again, then I could buy the "fool me once"-thingy. But now I don't think you can get fooled. Sure, you may loose some time invested. But that's the price you have to pay for testing it. But I can't imagine you testing it since you hate MO/SV so much. So don't worry bout that. Your "safe". And can't even be fooled if they were fooling around. :P

They aren't fooling any1. Any1 can test the updates now. Won't cost any1 a penny. If you had to pay for the game again, then I could buy the "fool me once"-thingy. But now I don't think you can get fooled. Sure, you may loose some time invested. But that's the price you have to pay for testing it. But I can't imagine you testing it since you hate MO/SV so much. So don't worry bout that. Your "safe". And can't even be fooled if they were fooling around. :P

So again I will leave it to the readers to see what I wrote, what it referred to, and your response.  It's almost like having two separate conversations...

So again I will leave it to the readers to see what I wrote, what it referred to, and your response.  It's almost like having two separate conversations...

[mod edit] You may think our words hold some weight and meaning. But MO ain't ESO, WoW etc. It's a nisch game. And will always be. It's extremly fun to read for instance Shroud forums and their talk on PVP and how it should be. And how most PVE peeps hate open world PVP with full loot. It's like a plague. So games like MO, will never get a big crowd. Sure if engine upgrades and steam etc goes well, they might have enough to at least make some profit. And if they do that 1-2 years from now. SV will be happy. And they won't sell their soul to get more peeps playing the game they wanna make. Like making 100% safe zones ala DFUW etc. They have sticked to their vision and I respect them for that. And GOD knows we don't need more themepark crap games. 

But right there ^ it almost went into two conversations. But before my little sidestep there, we were still talking bout the engine upgrade weren't we? Or did I miss something? Where was the second convo?

• brunofilip123brunofilip123 Member Posts: 7

Sad to see Starvault sinking even deeper down... they are quite a shady company, in my personal opinion, but MO was extrodionary sandbox, and still is! But, many bugs aren't still fixed, and it is still felling pretty much unpolished, so I'll bide my time. Oh and riding must be much more "easy going" then waht is right now, it's not enjoyable much right now .

They had lied numerous times (veteran rewards etc. etc. etc.) ,GM's were sometimes helping the factions and so on and on, but the PvP aspect was tremendous ,even the PvE was great too.

Steam won't save this game, in my opinion, but I hope I'm wrong, which time will definitely show.

[mod edit]

"Bide your time" and "time will show" ?????

It's been out almost  4 years image