Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why I fear this game wil crash:

Comments

• Mr_CMr_C Member Posts: 112
    Originally posted by baphamet

Originally posted by Mr_C

what drove lots of people away from SWTOR was the limited story content (which was their bread and butter) and shitty pvp at end game.

although that is now the second most successful game in the west currently so that isn't really a great example

Screenshot please; I don't believe this for a second.
    Originally posted by GregorMcgregor

Can't see there being much better than this coming out anytime soon, unless you like arcade/console MMOs or F2P junk ofc. :)

The Secret World is F2P and ALOT better than TESO. Get it?
  • the420kidthe420kid Member UncommonPosts: 440
    I think the game seems great I cant wait to play.  I tried it in 2 diff beta phases and I am hooked cant wait for release.
  • ThornrageThornrage Member UncommonPosts: 659

Now that the game is soon released, I have my doubts this will be a success, actually fearing it will crash & burn like SW-TOR did (like I said before it's release, despise being flamed by every fanboi on this planet).

Yeah because having close to half a million subscribers and making nearly 200 mil from in-game shop alone is a hard crash and burn. 

"I don't give a sh*t what other people say. I play what I like and I'll pay to do it too!" - SerialMMOist

Originally posted by fs23otm

People complaining about the animations are ignorant to the fact that the animations in the ES series have always been horrible. Sure they are going to tweak them, but it will never be fixed. 

Eh, are you really serious here??
    The animations in Skyrim wins any day over the TESO animations. And lets not even start talking about the animation in Fallout New Vegas. MMO's today are made for 6 year old kids, while the majority of the player base is well over 18. Which is a good help to ruin the games. I find todays MMO's way to childish; they are getting worse and worse as the years goes by. It's like the MMO are not developing mentally as the genre grows older, while the RPG genre lies lightages in front of the MMO genre.
    I'm, surrounded in MMO's by pussycats, fluffy bears, icecreams and stupid hats on people wearing lame yellow boots, latex underwear (lol) and ladels as weapons. MMO's has become a bizarre psychedelich schitzo-show, totally lost of any realistis immersion without any consequences. If anyone had dressed like that, they would have been immediately sent to psychiatric, and if they had been looking like that in a Lord of the Rings Movie, Peter Jackson would have been a laughing stock and not nominated for anything but a lifetime bed on a psychiatric institution. thats a fact hard to deny.

These MMO's makes me wanna puke. I am not playing MMO to play with people who look like morons when I try fight a dragon. It has gone way to far and beyond that. The genre has become mentally disturbed.
  • alterfenixalterfenix Member UncommonPosts: 370

Greetings folks.

First off I would start off with that I have anticipated such a a game like this since Morrowind was released AND that I have no inention of breakin any NDA about the game. If so, I am real sorry cause that is not my intention here

NDA is lifted of almost a week now.

Now that the game is soon released, I have my doubts this will be a success, actually fearing it will crash & burn like SW-TOR did (like I said before it's release, despise being flamed by every fanboi on this planet).

There is one thing that ppl seem to forget when comparing TESO to SWTOR. In case of SWTOR pretty much almost like a month before release the only certain thing that was known about the game was that it is Star Wars. As for the rest? Well, it may be is in game, we have NDA, nobody knows if it exists and all that kind of crap. That's not the case of TESO. Not saying that it will make so huge difference but certianly looks much better.

Reason I think, which are the worst to fix, are that first and foremost the animations are so horrible and out of contact with the foe you fight, it is directly horrible. So much money into a game, then you feel you are waving into the mid air with your weapons. No. A huge stumbling step.

And you say you played Morrowind. I think that you didn't really enjoy it. After all animations there were pretty much one of the worst in any 3D game ever made...

Next problem for the game is that it has overwhelming amount of items with very little room to store items for tradeskills. This is very frustrating, especially when you're new to the game and have no idea what items to keep or not.

Expand inventory?

Third problem is that the leveling progress feels tedious and boring. Playing like a mad to get to level 7, with quest having very little information what to do or where to go. Absolutely boring. As I player I need feel like having a progress, ESO does not give me this.

Weird. I never had a problem with what to do and where to go. I'd say that even if quest descriptions are lacking then NPC conversations are better. Or you skept those... As for leveling pace it looks to me like normal old school MMORPG. Like DAoC, like EQ. Like even WoW once was...

Fourth problem for me was when I realized one of the boats ingame that is a vital part of a quest line, suddenly were at 2 places. I shook my head and it ruined my immersion completely. To avoid breaking any EULA or whatever, I refrain from naming the boats name.

Fifth problem is the user inteface. To say it's bad, is a compliment. It is as bad, or not even worse, than Darkfall's. At least I knew the company behind Darkfall are some real lousy programmers, so to me seeing that a game like ESO having as bad user interface as Darkfall was a huge negative surprise to me.

Also never had problem with it. It's definitely much better than the one Skyrim hase - no comparison to that really. As for Darkfall - seriously?

My first BETA test weekend was a nice experience, where I was mostly fiddling with creating characters, looking at their stats, appearances and evaluating each classes skills. At that point I said in the survey I would most likely buy the pre order Empire packages. After my 2nd BETA test weekend, everything fell apart and I would definately not buy this game as I have more fun playing Skyrim and fallout New Vegas on as hard difficulty I can with "Dead is Dead"  option; which means when I die.

Well you are free to choose that. Same as I am free to play TESO if I like. No argue here.

MMO's today can be played by blind players, they have no consequences, no choices where I need make one that affects my character, which means no thrill. My character is just one of a million clones, not standing out at all. Boring. 90% of the MMO games are played by 18+, but the games are catering players at age 12?? I really don't get it. The genre seems to be unable to grow mature as the players grow older.

You sound like you don't like MMO games anymore. Or perhaps it is just about themeparks? Perhaps such EvE could work for you in such case.

The backdraw for not getting players like me on board from the very first minute, is that there's so small chance getting on board later on, even though they are able to manage these fixes I mention. Some of those are able to be fixed, but the animations where I am waving in the mid air, with my character not aiming the foe, will be impossible to fix, and thats the worst part for me to overcome and live with in a game.

Honestly apart from that ship thing I didn't see you pointing out anything that is broken. Things that need tweaks and adjustments? Yes. But nothing that is broken. 

Cheers. I hope you who decides to play this game will find your fun.

GL & HF!

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    It won't sell nearly as many copies as SWTOR did but I doubt it needs to.  I don't see it being much bigger than NWO was though.
    Originally posted by Agrias34

Nice opinions you got there.  Here's my opinion about your opinion, it sux.

I guess you know everything about sucking? 

The UI is amazing.

Probably cause youre a mouseclicker and dont have the brain capacity to remember 40 skills without having to look at the screen, which makes you a lousy an dterrible PvP'er. One of the best I've ever seen because it frees up the entire screen. 

If you had the IQ, you would have known that just about every modern MMO have an option where you can adjust just about every part of the UI, so you arguement fall upon its own stupidity. Some games, like Wildstar, you load in and are just overwhelmed with ui's and overlays.  If you aren't playing with a huge monitor, you have barely any room to even see your character and animations/combat. 

I've got big enough monitor, so not a problem for me.

As for animation in ESO, I think they are fine.  It's more realistic. 

No. You can be at 45 degress angle to your foe and still your arrows and swords will hit. Totally unrealistic. Here is actually WoW a good example how to do these things correct, and one of the reason why WoW is so successful.

You aren't going to be doing some stupid flashy anime style attacks where you jump 30 feet in the air or create tornadoes with your sword, idk, but its more down to the grit and real to me.

O'rly? You havent played the game much, as there are plenty of your hated tornadoes and charges through the air with all sorts of flash & boom bang & blast. Sorry to burst the bubble for you.

If you don't like the leveling speed, then you may as well not even play the game at all, which I'm not sure judging by your post if you are going to or not because guess what, you gotta work for your levels and bla bla bla. 

sounds so great in your ears until the day newbs enter the game and are being steamrolled in PvP. I can tell from your reply youre not an experienced MMO player at all. May I ask if TESO is your first MMO ever?

. Lastly, NDA was lifted, and since you don't even seem to know that, I'm sure your statements are that much more valid.  I'm sure you played the game maybe 1 day and assume the worst.  See you in game.

Learn to read. I played it 2 weekends. Last weekend I barely bothered logging in cause it was a drag. Utterly boring, and I didnt even bother reading the news about the game. I have played enough MMO's last 15 years to tell there are things with TESO that will be hard to fix for me to be able enjoy playing. I nearly preordered it after my first BETA weekend. Thankfully I had a feeling in my stomach that I should wait for a 2nd BETA invitation to see if the game had more to offer; which is hadnt.
    Originally posted by Myrdynn

I somewhat agree with the melee, although I am still enjoying itI disagree with every other point you made. I love slow levelingI love that I have to think about what garbage to take back to townI dont mind quest bugs, quest is the last part of the game I am intoand the interface is by far my favorite interface I have ever used, I get to watch the screen instead of staring at action bars 

Why cant we make potions in the wild?
    Only mouseclickers need look at action bars, which are terrible PvP players.
  • marcustmarcust Member UncommonPosts: 495

This is clearly not a game for you, and I don't mind that at all.

Have fun elsewhere.

Or keep posting about a game you wont play.....

Playing: Darkfall New Dawn (and planning to play Fallout 76)
    Favourite games have included: UO, Lineage2, Darkfall, Lotro, Baldur's Gate, SSX, FF7 and yes the original Wizardry on an Apple IIe

Originally posted by aesperus

Greetings folks. **snip for length**
    MMO's today can be played by blind players, they have no consequences, no choices where I need make one that affects my character, which means no thrill. My character is just one of a million clones, not standing out at all. Boring. 90% of the MMO games are played by 18+, but the games are catering players at age 12?? I really don't get it. The genre seems to be unable to grow mature as the players grow older. The backdraw for not getting players like me on board from the very first minute, is that there's so small chance getting on board later on, even though they are able to manage these fixes I mention. Some of those are able to be fixed, but the animations where I am waving in the mid air, with my character not aiming the foe, will be impossible to fix, and thats the worst part for me to overcome and live with in a game.   Cheers. I hope you who decides to play this game will find your fun. GL & HF!

For someone who claims to have been awaiting this game since morrowwind, you seem to have very little grasp on the reality behind elder scrolls games. You are entitled to your opinion, but many of the things you're complaining about are fairly standard of elder scrolls games. The UI is one example of this.

Other complaints are standard to MMOs. Single player games do a great job of making you feel special, because they can deliberately stack the odds in your favor. They can make it impossible for you to lose, then feed you an epic cutscene to reinforce how badass you were for purchasing the game. There's no real reward there, it's manufactured. Short of the main storyline (which, since SWTOR has been an attempt to inject single-player elements into a multiplayer game), you won't really be able to do anything epic on your own. You'll need to work w/ other players.

fail, fail and utter fail.

When I play RPG games, I put the difficulty up to the max, then I start out on an adventure without reading any guide or tips. This makes the experience a totally different than whateer MMo can give me, cause I need to evaluate each mob and encounter in a totally different way.
    By doing this, like when I pump up fallout New Vegas to max difficulty on realistic mode, and get to level 25, I truly feel I have achieved something than sleeping through the levels to 25 in any MMO where you can chose neither difficulty level, permadeath nor any "realistic mode".

so there you got it. MMO's today are childish, and the only true excitement are to be found in RPG's. Being a part of a band who failure themselves to the top aint what I call "achievement"; cause every MMO is made to be conquered in opposite of RPGs if you choose too high difficulty OR do a mistake when you play Dead is Dead.

Your arguements are irrelevant.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

Op..

I think the best thing you said was that games have not matured with the original player base,if anything they are moving backwards and degrading technically when compared to what they COULD be doing.

What has really happened is that ever since Wow made all those millions,the market got flooded,everyone and their goldfish are making games for this genre.Really MOST are not even designed to fit in this genre,they just tag every game with MMORPG.

Imo just far too many bad developers,bad producers  and too many trying to make a 200 million dollar game on a 20 million budget.

There is yet one more blemish>>>Marketing.This multi million dollar business is all about hyping and misleading customers into buying their half ass products.It always comes off as legit but it is websites and advertisers combining forces to make you THINK that game is sent from the heavens and designed by God himself.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

Originally posted by Wizardry

Op..I think the best thing you said was that games have not matured with the original player base,if anything they are moving backwards and degrading technically when compared to what they COULD be doing.What has really happened is that ever since Wow made all those millions,the market got flooded,everyone and their goldfish are making games for this genre.Really MOST are not even designed to fit in this genre,they just tag every game with MMORPG.Imo just far too many bad developers,bad producers  and too many trying to make a 200 million dollar game on a 20 million budget.There is yet one more blemish>>>Marketing.This multi million dollar business is all about hyping and misleading customers into buying their half ass products.It always comes off as legit but it is websites and advertisers combining forces to make you THINK that game is sent from the heavens and designed by God himself.

I agree. And I will not be fooled into buying TESO because it fails to my expectations. I had more fun playing World of Tanks, even with all the cheaters it had back then.
  • orionblackorionblack Member UncommonPosts: 493
    Originally posted by marcust

This is clearly not a game for you, and I don't mind that at all.

Have fun elsewhere.

Or keep posting about a game you wont play.....

QFT...

• EntinerintEntinerint Member UncommonPosts: 868
    Originally posted by Tamanous
    More mature players tend to play mmos

Wut?

This is a joke, right?

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479

I somewhat agree with the melee, although I am still enjoying it

I disagree with every other point you made. 

I love slow leveling

I love that I have to think about what garbage to take back to town

I dont mind quest bugs, quest is the last part of the game I am into

and the interface is by far my favorite interface I have ever used, I get to watch the screen instead of staring at action bars

Why cant we make potions in the wild? Only mouseclickers need look at action bars, which are terrible PvP players.

we can if we find hidden crafting areas, promoting exploration, it doesnt really make sense to be able to measure potions and such on the go, this part I like.  As to mouseclickers or not, I wasnt meaning that, I just meant it clutters my screen, I still play WOW and use keybindings for everything and know where every key does for all my toons, but it clutters the screen a ton.  I mouse move btw so not a terrible pvp'r.

I like the limited interface especially in first person, really makes the game feel 1000x more emmersive and I hate 1st person view

• Its weird; a lot of people in the MMORPG world act as if they are buying  stock in a company rather than just paying for a game.

I don't care if the game crashes a few months after release.  That's is Zenimax's problem.  There are a lot of MMOs now.  I hope its an enjoyable game.  But maybe it won't be.

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

Originally posted by FrodoFragins
    It won't sell nearly as many copies as SWTOR did but I doubt it needs to.  I don't see it being much bigger than NWO was though.

i wouldn't bet on that LOL

• ZandilZandil Member UncommonPosts: 252

Why I fear this game wil crash

Fear is a path to the Dark side it is.

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

Originally posted by gestalt11
    Its weird; a lot of people in the MMORPG world act as if they are buying  stock in a company rather than just paying for a game. I don't care if the game crashes a few months after release.  That's is Zenimax's problem.  There are a lot of MMOs now.  I hope its an enjoyable game.  But maybe it won't be.

so true, they act like they are going to invest their life savings to buy the game.

some times i buy games just to try them if they sound appealing to me. i fully expect this game to last me 3-6 solid months at least and if it does i will be damn pleased with my decision to buy it.

• DrDwarfDrDwarf Member Posts: 475

Sounds like you want single player games.

Try to remember ....you are not a special tea cup, you are a constructive member of a greater whole.

Speak for yourself .. I am a special tea cup and I know a few other players who are too..

Special Tea Cup Is Me

I somewhat agree with the melee, although I am still enjoying it I disagree with every other point you made.  I love slow leveling I love that I have to think about what garbage to take back to town I dont mind quest bugs, quest is the last part of the game I am into and the interface is by far my favorite interface I have ever used, I get to watch the screen instead of staring at action bars  

Why cant we make potions in the wild? Only mouseclickers need look at action bars, which are terrible PvP players.

we can if we find hidden crafting areas, promoting exploration, it doesnt really make sense to be able to measure potions and such on the go, this part I like.  As to mouseclickers or not, I wasnt meaning that, I just meant it clutters my screen, I still play WOW and use keybindings for everything and know where every key does for all my toons, but it clutters the screen a ton.  I mouse move btw so not a terrible pvp'r.

I like the limited interface especially in first person, really makes the game feel 1000x more emmersive and I hate 1st person view

I suggest you use the option or an addon to scale the interface down. Youre talking about a non-existant problem.

I somewhat agree with the melee, although I am still enjoying it I disagree with every other point you made.  I love slow leveling I love that I have to think about what garbage to take back to town I dont mind quest bugs, quest is the last part of the game I am into and the interface is by far my favorite interface I have ever used, I get to watch the screen instead of staring at action bars  

Yeah, reminds me about when Frodo needed healing herbs in the wild, but poor Aragorn couldnt find a crafting station to make his potion. lol & jeez + rolleyes. I bet Aragron was SO excited to explore the area until he found his crafting station needed while his friend was near death. YAY!
  • Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by Entinerint

Wut?

This is a joke, right?

Actually the average age of players playing and loving story based immersive mmos is much higher then the action based MMOs...  I think in a lore filled world like lotro the average age of players is above 30... Its a very mature society.

and the best thing about mature players, they dont care to pay a sub, if it keeps the immature power gamers away...

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus
    Originally posted by Entinerint

Wut?

This is a joke, right?

Actually the average age of players playing and loving story based immersive mmos is much higher then the action based MMOs...  I think in a lore filled world like lotro the average age of players is above 30... Its a very mature society.

and the best thing about mature players, they dont care to pay a sub, if it keeps the immature power gamers away...

It really doesn't. Not sure where people get this idea, but most of the immature players I have encountered have been in subscription games. E-peen wavers, general douchebags and guild crazies.  Subscription games have them all.