Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help Finding MOBA

MrDeadManMrDeadMan Member Posts: 14

I have played DoTA and want to try another so I need some advice.

Here is pretty much what I am looking for.

Close third-person camera instead of RTS view. Move with WASD instead of clicking on a map. And Action combat with dodging, aiming, etc.

A friend of mine told me SMITE was the game that would fit the bill. I was wondering if anyone had any other suggestions or opinions if smite is the right game

Comments

• fivetigersfivetigers Member UncommonPosts: 208

I was in the same boat as you.  I liked DoTA2 but wanted to find a 3rd person action MOBA.  I tried SMITE and wasn't all that impressed.  It doesn't have the same feel as DoTA2 at all.   It's much more a small area  game.  I think there were 3 people on each team, you're basically in a colosseum (think ancient Rome), and there were very few npc grunts on either side to kill.  There wasn't any lane control or jungling, it was just a  3v3 free-for-all.

Divine Souls might be what you're looking for.  I haven't played it yet but will be downloading it tonight.

Me

Her

• AlumicardAlumicard Member UncommonPosts: 388
    Smite is you typical 5v5 with jungle and everything.
    If you played 3v3 then maybe you chose the "wrong" game mode.
  • MrDeadManMrDeadMan Member Posts: 14
    Thank you for the insight. I am downloading Divine Souls right now to give it a shot
    I might have to give Smite another try then and pay closer attention to the game modes.

Me

Her

• MrDeadManMrDeadMan Member Posts: 14
    I played SMITE a lot last night. Was pretty hooked pretty fast. I found there is quite a bit of strategy in it. I love how you purchase the upgrades right in the battle. It was a lot of fun. And yes there are 4 or 5 different play modes I believe not counting practice, one of them is 3v3 however.
  • tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

AirMech is also a MOBA-ish game with transforming robots and action movement.

It has A LOT less features and is very different.

This have been a good conversation

Originally posted by Alumicard
    Smite is you typical 5v5 with jungle and everything. If you played 3v3 then maybe you chose the "wrong" game mode.

I tried Smite again last night (still had it installed), found the correct game type and had a lot of fun.  Thanks for pointing out that there are different game modes.

I also tried out Divine Souls last night (only played for maybe 30 minutes and completed the first instanced area) but there was nothing MOBAish about it.  Maybe the MOBA features come later in the game.

Me

Her