Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

game Dev really can't evolve ?

drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856
OK ! After seeing the Xbox one drama unfold , there is one take away here ! Dev literally are force feeding their old bad coding to xb1 and expect it to work ! My question ,since Xbox one literally has 0% chance if dev keep pushing ways intended for PC(for simplicity sake ! Wouldn't it be simpler for ms to plainly refuse dev that refuse to code for how xb1 is intended .tiled was expected to make uhd happen on Xbox one gaming but dev are so stuck in 2004 (pre 64 bit era)that even when ms themselves bother making a great console with ton of power dev are like not enough room (ms keep telling them,its because you aren't supposed to do all of that that way ,dev whine back but its simpler .and ms give in .please ms vet rid of the lazy dev . it make xb1 look bad .we all know xb1 is so different that almost 0% of PC old ways of dev can be even done and when they do everybody complain (who wouldn't lol)and if you let them in ,please provide them a template so they stop force feeding PC 2003 style of coding into xb1 and then they come complaining xb1 isn't as good as ps4

Comments

• XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,848

What the heck are you talking about?

Xbox One has a 64-bit x86 CPU and a standard GPU.

There is absolutely nothing in the Xbox One that developers are not familiar with and have been working with for the past 10 years.

Microsoft just simply made a system that is severely hampered by poor design decisions(Kinect, DDR3 RAM and eSRAM).

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856
    Let me get this straight ! Ms bumped GPU usual cache via esram from 1 MB to 32 MB , ms nodded the cache of esram to make it ddr4 ,also this esram variant is dual port .so real and write is simultaneous ,not just at the GPU level like usual but anything ,and on top there is ddr3 ram also accessible at the same time as the esram ,and you tell me dev are used to this kind of set up?we don't even have this on PC ! And we won't for at least another year (when AMD is permitted to use this from ms .nope I doubt dev can make use of this kind of simultaneous multi threading. Dev are just beginning to understand classic PC multi threading.even ms themselves found out about this feature after they got their hands on a unit !and you tell me dev have been doing this for years?there is no hardware existing having a 4 x 8 MB ddr4 SRAM.hell I bet even ms itself is trying to figure Xbox one our .the only dev that might have a clue ?those that dev for 4xcrossfire.the majority of those are at GPU maker .but there are game dev that went 4xcrossfire (CCP might be one)