Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bioshock Developer Irrational Games Shutting Down

ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361

http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/69813/bioshock-developer-irrational-games-will-soon-be-no-more

A post by Ken Levine on the Irrational Games website reveals that the Bioshock developer will be closing its doors and all staff except for fifteen members will be laid off.

"I am winding down Irrational Games as you know it," Ken Levine said. "I’ll be starting a smaller, more entrepreneurial endeavor at Take-Two.  That is going to mean parting ways with all but about fifteen members of the Irrational team.   There’s no great way to lay people off, and our first concern is to make sure that the people who are leaving have as much support as we can give them during this transition. "

Irrational Games last project will be its last DLC for Bioshock Infinite, Burial at Sea Ep. 2, slated for release next month.

Levine says that staff leaving Irrational will have access to the studio for a period of time to prepare their portfolios as well as receive financial support. They will have the opportunity to interview with other Take-Two studios and other 3rd party studios via a recuiting day.

"In time we will announce a new endeavor with a new goal: To make narrative-driven games for the core gamer that are highly replayable," Levine said. "To foster the most direct relationship with our fans possible, we will focus exclusively on content delivered digitally."

Comments

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

In other words the Steam seasonal pass that was supposed to be for 3 DLCs for Bioshock Infinite has been cut to 2 DLCs. Maybe.

Asshats.

Yes, I'm being selfish.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams