Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 USA TOP 3 MMO Game Revenue (By SuperData)

2013 JULY ~ 2013 November 

USA TOP 3 MMO Games Monthly Revenue (By SuperData)

World of Warcraft Is Still No. 1 

Comments

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    bit pointless, looks like superdata doesn't even know what an MMO is, but i get the impression their a bit clueless generally, not to mention their tendency to 'cherry pick' image
  • apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    Poinless to post stuff like this. Haters gonna hate and would never accept the data

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• ShadoedShadoed Member UncommonPosts: 1,459
    As much of a fan of WoW as i am, i don't believe this for one second, League of Legends would far outstrip WoW in monthly revenue as i understand it.

It must be Thursday, i never could get the hang of Thursdays.

• Mr.KujoMr.Kujo Member Posts: 383
    Originally posted by Phry
    bit pointless, looks like superdata doesn't even know what an MMO is, but i get the impression their a bit clueless generally, not to mention their tendency to 'cherry pick' image

Massive Multiplayer Online, which game doesn't go into this category exactly?

LoL is not persistent world with everyone playing together, but they didn't say MMOPWWEPT, just MMO....

• seafirexseafirex Member UncommonPosts: 419

Numbers looks good, different mmo and different revenue of course.

1 day WoW will go under but for now it keeps the numbers high. With the new xpac incoming the numbers will go up again for a while. But is it the last xpac or not ? Soon it will be over and become a free to play mmorpg but not yet at least not until they stop making xpac for the game.

As for League of Legends that moba is doing good in numbers hope it keeps it up like that for those that like the arena style pvp only in a game. There is a good possibility that 1 day it will take the crown off WoW regarding revenue generated. WoW is getting very old at this point i also hope League of Legends keep doing well for a long time. 

• Kevyne-ShandrisKevyne-Shandris Member UncommonPosts: 2,077

1. Three day poster.

2. Marketing (name) for search engines in title.

3. Site is in business to sell "F2P" data.

'nuf said.

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    Originally posted by Mr.Kujo

LoL is not persistent world with everyone playing together, but they didn't say MMOPWWEPT, just MMO....

You are clueless. MMO is not a Massive Multiplayer Online game. So no, LoL is not an MMO. 

FYI, not every multiplayer game is an MMO. LoL is not an MMO. No idea where you came up with that MMMOPWWEPT. This is just made up stuff :D

Check this > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massively_multiplayer_online_role-playing_game

It will explain to you what an MMO is.

I hope LoL burns in hell as it is an inferior Dota clone :)

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• Ender4Ender4 Member UncommonPosts: 2,247

LoL is stetching it as an MMO. Any game where you can't have more than a handful of people on screen at once is stretching it.

• SoulTrapOnSelfSoulTrapOnSelf Member Posts: 190
    So what the SWTOR fanbois have to say about this? Just the other day someone said SWTOR was the best selling MMO after WoW.
  • niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,047
    I would like to know what the number 2 and number 3 mmo's are, and no, the answer can't be LoL or Team Fortress 2.
  • SoulTrapOnSelfSoulTrapOnSelf Member Posts: 190
    Originally posted by niceguy3978
    I would like to know what the number 2 and number 3 mmo's are, and no, the answer can't be LoL or Team Fortress 2.

Just checked TF2 official site and some videos on youtube since I never heard of it. Just awful.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by Kevyne-Shandris

1. Three day poster.

2. Marketing (name) for search engines in title.

3. Site is in business to sell "F2P" data.

'nuf said.

+1

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,047
    Originally posted by SoulTrapOnSelf
    Originally posted by niceguy3978

Just checked TF2 official site and some videos on youtube since I never heard of it. Just awful.

It is a very good game for what it is, in the same way that LoL is a very good game for what it is.  However, valve makes both DOTA 2 and Team Fortress 2 and according to steam, DOTA 2 is about 9 times more popular, and if they are going to be consistant and call a MOBA a MMO, then DOTA 2 should be there instead of Team Fortress 2.  However, since MOBA's aren't mmo's I still want to know what the number 2 and 3 mmos are, and, unfortunately the information in the OP doesn't provide the answer.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by apocoluster
    Poinless to post stuff like this. Haters gonna hate and would never accept the data

It's one of the frustrating parts of trying to have a conversation here. 

"Hey, guys, here's industry data collected by professionals directly from the developers themselves."

"Well, that's not correlating with what I want to believe, so it's clearly made up."

I've given up on sharing data here for exactly that reason. 

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• stevebombsquadstevebombsquad Member UncommonPosts: 884
    Originally posted by Loktofeit

"Hey, guys, here's industry data collected by professionals directly from the developers themselves."

"Well, that's not correlating with what I want to believe, so it's clearly made up."

QFT +1  

James T. Kirk: All she's got isn't good enough! What else ya got?

• DrakynnDrakynn Member Posts: 2,030

Well part of the problem is that most of the time people only present data that they think proves they are right,but that data is often suspect because it is gathered under criteria to achieve the wanted result or presented by the poster with a biased and myopic interpretation.

But otherwise I agree even if presented as raw,unbiased data people here will then twist it to what they want it to mean.

• firefly2003firefly2003 Member UncommonPosts: 2,527
    Originally posted by fivoroth
    Originally posted by Mr.Kujo

You are clueless. MMO is not a Massive Multiplayer Online game. So no, LoL is not an MMO. 

FYI, not every multiplayer game is an MMO. LoL is not an MMO. No idea where you came up with that MMMOPWWEPT. This is just made up stuff :D

Check this > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massively_multiplayer_online_role-playing_game

It will explain to you what an MMO is.

I hope LoL burns in hell as it is an inferior Dota clone :)

Well technically the games on this site are MMORPG's actually compare those on the list to the MMOs (every thing else that isnt a MMORPG. That data is useless considering I dont play LOL or any MOBA that isnt defined as a MMORPG....

WoW is the only game on the list that is a MMORPG not a MMO......big difference between the two and different genres at that ..where are the other MMORPGs?

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988

^

This.

• KonfessKonfess Member RarePosts: 1,667

The thing is DATA is not pointless to intelligent people.  The reason data is collected is so that people can learn and act on it, and generally make intelligent decisions.  Either how they will invest and spend their money, how they will use their time and effort to develop new games.

What should freegamers learn from this data.  If you are tired of copies of the #1 game (WoW) being made, then you have to spend more money than WoW makes on other games that are not copies of WoW.  Listen if you just complain about Non-WoW games FORCING you to spend money (P2W), because you are looking for a game where you don’t spend any money.  They will not make that game ever.

When people say the future is F2P, they don’t mean you will be able to play the coolest game ever made absolutely for free.  They mean P2W is the future.  You will play a game for free until you get frustrated with the limited play and have to spend money in the cash shop.  That is the business model of casual games, and the model of F2P MMOs.

You can snicker, and say oh we want vanity item only in the cash shop so you can play for free with no impairment.   But guess what Devs don’t listen to that.  Oh the people who spend money in the cash shop don’t Pvp, lets remove PvP from the games.  PvP players buy P2W items only from the cash shop, so lets add more P2W to the cash shop.  Thats DATA. They know who spend money and they know what parts of the game they play.  

Oh freegamer complain about P2W and Cash shops, and they primarily PvP?  Lets analyze their login data, and apply that to our forums and around the web and remove their posts so we don’t hear or see them.  They don’t spend money in our cash shop, so we don’t care what they have to say or think.  If any of the web sites we advertise with let them post, we will stop advertising with them.  I had 2 job interviews this month for this kind of work.

Pardon any spelling errors
    Konfess your cyns and some maybe forgiven
    Boy: Why can't I talk to Him?
    Mom: We don't talk to Priests.
    As if it could exist, without being payed for.
    F2P means you get what you paid for. Pay nothing, get nothing.
    Even telemarketers wouldn't think that.
    It costs money to play.  Therefore P2W.

• firefly2003firefly2003 Member UncommonPosts: 2,527
    Originally posted by Konfess

The thing is DATA is not pointless to intelligent people.  The reason data is collected is so that people can learn and act on it, and generally make intelligent decisions.  Either how they will invest and spend their money, how they will use their time and effort to develop new games.

What should freegamers learn from this data.  If you are tired of copies of the #1 game (WoW) being made, then you have to spend more money than WoW makes on other games that are not copies of WoW.  Listen if you just complain about Non-WoW games FORCING you to spend money (P2W), because you are looking for a game where you don’t spend any money.  They will not make that game ever.

When people say the future is F2P, they don’t mean you will be able to play the coolest game ever made absolutely for free.  They mean P2W is the future.  You will play a game for free until you get frustrated with the limited play and have to spend money in the cash shop.  That is the business model of casual games, and the model of F2P MMOs.

You can snicker, and say oh we want vanity item only in the cash shop so you can play for free with no impairment.   But guess what Devs don’t listen to that.  Oh the people who spend money in the cash shop don’t Pvp, lets remove PvP from the games.  PvP players buy P2W items only from the cash shop, so lets add more P2W to the cash shop.  Thats DATA. They know who spend money and they know what parts of the game they play.  

Oh freegamer complain about P2W and Cash shops, and they primarily PvP?  Lets analyze their login data, and apply that to our forums and around the web and remove their posts so we don’t hear or see them.  They don’t spend money in our cash shop, so we don’t care what they have to say or think.  If any of the web sites we advertise with let them post, we will stop advertising with them.  I had 2 job interviews this month for this kind of work.

At least your right about the type of gamer who is a freeloader and doesnt spend money on these games, noone needs to listen to them, they dont contribute, they just go on forums and complain about wanting everything in the game for free..