Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Angry Joe 2nd impressions video - very positive

12346»

Comments

• StilerStiler Member Posts: 599

Man, now I can see why totalbiscuit posted what he did on reddit the other day.

You can never please people and no matter what your "opinion" is people can't simply take it for what it is and have to tear you down no matter what.

• thinktank001thinktank001 Member UncommonPosts: 2,144
    Give this game some color and I would have sworn it was GW2. 
  • HikaruShidouHikaruShidou Member UncommonPosts: 162
    If they took out the subs and made a game on the PVP ONLY. That would be a game worth playing. The PVP does indeed look amazing with the siege weapons and destructable walls and stuff. However, I just can't see myself paying for the rest of the game.
  • ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912
    Originally posted by inemosz
    Originally posted by Ineveraskforthis
    Originally posted by jpnz
    You know, most of the press reviewers are taking the same route, from negative to positif. It's starting to sound fishy, or they're just too stupid to mindlessly bash the game on their first review.

No, most press outlets were accurate; unlike this post. What's this 'review'? The press didn't 'Review' ESO yet as half of ESO is still under NDA. /Facepalm

The beginning of ESO (which was the non-NDA) is considered awful so that was their first impression.

Once you get going after several hours, apparently it is getting better.

Blame the devs for having such an attrociously bad starting zone.

Yeah, I know those are more like first impressions/previews, but it seems that people on this site are keep generalizing them and calling them reviews. No idea why, tbh. Reviews are the full game experience after the game released in April.

AJ did name his videos : Beta  Review and PVP review.

Weird, are we watching the same videos?

All I read is "Impressions" on the titles

He can name it whatever the frack he wants. He could call it "Finite word of God the Lord".

Freedom of speech. Ever heard?

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• fantasyfreak112fantasyfreak112 Member Posts: 499
    His first video wasn't really that negative, the fanboi's are just retarded.
  • miagisanmiagisan Member Posts: 5,156
    Originally posted by Elikal
    You know, most of the press reviewers are taking the same route, from negative to positif. It's starting to sound fishy, or they're just too stupid to mindlessly bash the game on their first review.

No, most press outlets were accurate; unlike this post. What's this 'review'? The press didn't 'Review' ESO yet as half of ESO is still under NDA. /Facepalm

The beginning of ESO (which was the non-NDA) is considered awful so that was their first impression.

Yeah, I know those are more like first impressions/previews, but it seems that people on this site are keep generalizing them and calling them reviews. No idea why, tbh. Reviews are the full game experience after the game released in April.

He can name it whatever the frack he wants. He could call it "Finite word of God the Lord".

you keep throwing this out...but message boards are private and you have to adhere to their rules and regulations. Freedom of speech does not apply on mmorpg.com nor youtube...

• amber-ramber-r Member Posts: 323
    Originally posted by miagisan

you keep throwing this out...but message boards are private and you have to adhere to their rules and regulations. Freedom of speech does not apply on mmorpg.com nor youtube...

Some people always seem to say this, they just don't seem to understand that "freedom of speech" only exists in certain countries and even then only in certain places.  It certainly doesn't exist anywhere on the internet at all, all these websites belong to someone and the rights you have are the rights they allow you to have.

• miagisanmiagisan Member Posts: 5,156
    Originally posted by amber-r
    Originally posted by miagisan

Some people always seem to say this, they just don't seem to understand that "freedom of speech" only exists in certain countries and even then only in certain places.  It certainly doesn't exist anywhere on the internet at all, all these websites belong to someone and the rights you have are the rights they allow you to have.

Exactly. Glad someone else understands this. AJ is entitled to his opinion, as is anyone else. I just get tired of the whole freedom of speech nonsense people throw out there. 

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    Originally posted by Jyiiga
    Originally posted by Drakynn
    So wait...now AJ is a professional now right?Not an attention seeking click whore like he was last week according to TESO fans.

Your the only one to use the word professional in this thread so far.

He speaks well enough, but he flip flops on every game he plays like nuts.

He was playing on the fact people (ESO fanboys) were crying how he was a tool and all this other stuff and calling him a joke, then seeing a thread how he was being praised. That is at least what I am assuming he is getting at. :)

When does he flip flop? If your talking about having both positive and negative things about games... then yes, thats what we all do. We all like and dislike different things in games. XD

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690
    It is strange that an Elder Scrolls titles gets not so good reviews on the PVE but yet the PVP gets better reviews. How odd does that sound ?
  • RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,784
    Originally posted by ThomasN7
    It is strange that an Elder Scrolls titles gets not so good reviews on the PVE but yet the PVP gets better reviews. How odd does that sound ?

Not odd at all. It's the contradictory twilight zone of MMO vs Single Player standards. A game like Dragon Age Origins asks you to clear the area of enemies, and you kill 20 enemies. A game like WoW asks you to kill 20 enemies and you kill 20 enemies.

One game is held up as a beacon of great RPGness and questing, and the other is labeled as boring linear kiddie crap.

People complained that ESO had boring quests where you run from person to person talking. Well, explain the Witcher priase to me then, both 1 and 2 are hours upon hours upon hours of fedex quests with combat inbetween.

The real difference is that people don't rush single players game because they don't feel like they're falling behind, so they take their time and listen to the story, read bits of lore. But in MMO's people just click accept and follow arrows.

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690
    Originally posted by Rusque

Not odd at all. It's the contradictory twilight zone of MMO vs Single Player standards. A game like Dragon Age Origins asks you to clear the area of enemies, and you kill 20 enemies. A game like WoW asks you to kill 20 enemies and you kill 20 enemies.

One game is held up as a beacon of great RPGness and questing, and the other is labeled as boring linear kiddie crap.

People complained that ESO had boring quests where you run from person to person talking. Well, explain the Witcher priase to me then, both 1 and 2 are hours upon hours upon hours of fedex quests with combat inbetween.

The real difference is that people don't rush single players game because they don't feel like they're falling behind, so they take their time and listen to the story, read bits of lore. But in MMO's people just click accept and follow arrows.

Yeah that makes sense but Elder Scrolls is known for it's good pve not pvp. That is what I was trying to get across. The pvp seems like zerging from one end to the other end which in my opinion isn't all that interesting.

• brokenssbrokenss Member Posts: 44
    All he said in the video is that PVP is half decent, the whole ESO sub / preorder shit is still retarded.

~Awesome Tr!x

• DamediusDamedius Member Posts: 346
    Originally posted by brokenss
    All he said in the video is that PVP is half decent, the whole ESO sub / preorder shit is still retarded.

Of course he did. He is a champion of the people, sticking it to the "man".

Even though he's still going to buy the game and play it at launch.

• Originally posted by ThomasN7
    Originally posted by Rusque

Yeah that makes sense but Elder Scrolls is known for it's good pve not pvp. That is what I was trying to get across. The pvp seems like zerging from one end to the other end which in my opinion isn't all that interesting.

Gotta realize that Matt Fiore is involved in the PvP so you have old DAOC fans projecting their expectations on the game with little regard to TES as well.

• MyriaMyria Member UncommonPosts: 699
    Originally posted by Iselin

I must be crazy because I continue to disagree with this lol. I do agree that there are differences in the 3 starting areas in scenery, size, quest lines etc., but I think the real problem is that compared to recent MMOs, ESO is a slow leveling experience - something many of us have been asking for. Well folks, this is what slow-leveling feels like.

I have to agree with a lot of people that TESO definitely takes some time to grow on you and frankly that worries me a little.

It's the opposite of Defiance, a game that's a blast right from the start but then quickly feels empty and depthless. Problem is, people like Angry Joe and Total Biscuit did vids praising Defiance exactly because of that great beginning, never playing long enough to realize what a short ride it was, thus doing their viewers a severe disservice.

To his credit, AJ's latest vid gives at least some hope that a few will stick by TESO long enough to get into it (mind, I still feel he and his ilk are entertainers first, foremost, and only), but I think there has been and will continue to be a lot of unfair rush to judgement with TESO -- frankly a problem in gaming "journalism" in general, and a huge problem were MMOs are concerned.

On the one hand it's probably a good thing that the game starts slowly, if someone buys the game and isn't willing to put enough time into it to get to level 15 or so it's unlikely the game was for them anyway. On the other hand, a slow start, reviewers aside, can lead to serious retention issues down the line -- as CCP knows all too well.

All that having been said, isn't the slow start, the "It's the journey, not the destination" and all that rot been a mantra around here for eons? And here comes a game where leveling is relatively slow and not as simple a matter as ding and move on, and people bitch endlessly about it. Not that I'm surprised, to be honest, but I find it odd to see  how little comment on the irony of it all there's been.

• UsualSuspectUsualSuspect Member UncommonPosts: 1,243
    All he's excited about is the PvP. If you've watched his videos in the past you'll know that's exactly the type of thing he enjoys. Looking at the video, I really don't see the appeal, I've never liked PvP in MMO's and that one just looks like all the others with the exception of siege equipment. That whole zerg, tons of people all trying to fight tons of people, really doesn't appeal to me.
  • NotimeforbsNotimeforbs Member CommonPosts: 346
    Originally posted by UsualSuspect
    All he's excited about is the PvP. If you've watched his videos in the past you'll know that's exactly the type of thing he enjoys. Looking at the video, I really don't see the appeal, I've never liked PvP in MMO's and that one just looks like all the others with the exception of siege equipment. That whole zerg, tons of people all trying to fight tons of people, really doesn't appeal to me.

I've never liked PvP in MMO's either.

But then... none of them looked like this PvP....