Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn: PS4 Beta Timeline Released & New PS4 Trailer

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Square Enix has announced the beta test schedule for Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn's PlayStation 4 version. The Phase 1 beta testing will begin on February 22nd and continue through March 3rd. Phase 2 will begin on April 4th and run through April 7th. In addition to beta news, FFXIV's Naoki Yoshida participated in a PS4 Conversation with Creators video series where he talks about the game on console and much, much more.

Square Enix has also released a trailer to show off the PlayStation 4 version:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    I think what makes me most excited for this playing on my Vita at home. No joke. I'll try the game all over again for that.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• IngvarIngvar Member UncommonPosts: 193
    So FFXIV has 1.8 million subscribers?
  • nickster29nickster29 Member Posts: 486

The remote play on the Vita is pretty awesome if it works good.

• kabitoshinkabitoshin Member UncommonPosts: 854
    My favorite part of this announcement was mouse and keyboard support.
  • ZizouXZizouX Member Posts: 670
    Originally posted by kabitoshin
    My favorite part of this announcement was mouse and keyboard support.

Yup.. playing FFXIV on a Big Screen HDTV exactly the same way you can play it on a PC.  For people who can't afford a great gaming PC, this is a godsend to be able to play on your PS4 with mouse and keyboard support.

They need ot advertise the crap out of this.

BTW - the controller support for this game is amazing.  There are a great percentage of people who have healed, tanked and DPSed everything in teh game with a controll pad.  Contrary to popular belief, there is very little to no disadvantage to using a gamepad.

They did an amazing job with that!

• wandererchanwandererchan Member UncommonPosts: 17

People should post more on how console players are outcasted in the FF 14 community. And also that there is like hardly any end game content. Any end content there is can be done 2 hours tops. Like all extreme modes primals and all of coil. Heck even throw a full run Crystal towers in to.  The commuinity does not want to teach new players at all.

Also mention that most people cant even get through some stuff due to huge server lags on their instance servers. If you don't believe in the server issues you travel on over to S.E main forums. Most be like 20-30 threads about it. One them is like close to 200 pages long about it.

I just unsubbed from the game this week. Would not recommend this game to no one. Visual awesome tho. 

• ZizouXZizouX Member Posts: 670
    Originally posted by wandererchan

People should post more on how console players are outcasted in the FF 14 community. And also that there is like hardly any end game content. Any end content there is can be done 2 hours tops. Like all extreme modes primals and all of coil. Heck even throw a full run Crystal towers in to.  The commuinity does not want to teach new players at all.

Also mention that most people cant even get through some stuff due to huge server lags on their instance servers. If you don't believe in the server issues you travel on over to S.E main forums. Most be like 20-30 threads about it. One them is like close to 200 pages long about it.

I just unsubbed from the game this week. Would not recommend this game to no one. Visual awesome tho. 

All opinion.

I'm on Turn 5 right now with my static.  Havn't beaten Titan EX or Ifrit EX.  VAST majority of players have not either, so they are not part of the raiding elite that has everything on farm.

3 of the players in my static use a controller instead of keyboard and mouse.  I have NEVER seen ANYONE distinguish between a keyboard player and controlpad player.  NEver ever in Party finder, duty finder, in yells, or shouts. EVER.  You can be a very bad player using either one and one is not better or worse than the other.

If what you say is true, why are there still many coil and CT groups going on Fri-Sunday if everything can be finished in 1 day.  Do you get your CT drop on the first run? If not, you''ll have to do more.  What about people who are not in i90 gear?  Why is Raventent's toll packed with players all week.

Log in on the weekend, and see the dozens and dozens of parties being formed using party finder and you'll see this game is doing great... we're only 1 month away form patch 2.2.

Can't Wait!

• huskerman34huskerman34 Member UncommonPosts: 252
    Great News. Played this on my Laptop and it ran really good. Im glad this is coming out on the PS4.

Edgar F Greenwood