Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Column] Elder Scrolls Online: How Zenimax’ Gambit Could Pay Off

124»

Comments

• blazzen67blazzen67 Member Posts: 65
    Originally posted by Nightfyre

After playing ESO, I know it's not the game for me.  It did not feel all that awesome or fun like they are attempting to make it.  I didn't like all the quests in town, felt too saturated with the amount of quests they threw at you.  I don't need them, just let me out there in the world doing long winded adventuring style quests not go fetch a bucket for me because I'm way to lazy.

Maybe if they allowed you to cause some actual havoc, like destroying a town or killing an npc it would feel more ES, but right now it's just another mmo with nothing new that I haven't experienced in another game.

there are VERY few "fetch it' quests. have no clue where you got that from.  how far did you get in beta? level 5 or less? if you actually took the time to get off the starter island (say lvl 8-12)  you would have found exactly what you were looking for. i wanted to see if this game was on quest rails and if it was possible to go off the beaten path and just explore, and you CAN do that. i found more things to do just exploring than if i just stuck to the quests. I even found a hidden cave with crafting tables were you can make specialized gear. sounds like you made the same mistake some of the media outlets did when they reviewed this game. they only played a few hours and didnt hardly do anything in the beta.  you cant play just 1/1000 of the game and make an informed opinion on the ENTIRE game. to me its an awesome MMO..but , this is just my opinion..if you dont like it, well thats your right, so best of luck to ya

• blazzen67blazzen67 Member Posts: 65
    Originally posted by EugeneKDudley

ESO has potential, the issues that came up for me is, not  that i want it to go F2p it's the lack of communication from Zenimax itself, they already seem they're off to a shady start with some of the stuff they have done.

Lets hope for the best here though, would love to see them stay a primarily sub based game, F2P is for nothing but pure greed and it has so far proven to be true. Even Rift which is a pretty good F2P game has everything tied to that damned cash shop.

My own opinion but lets hope for the best here.

i had the opposite happen, they responded to every thing i wrote them, every problem i had. so, for me anyway, the communication was fine. and i feel the same as you when it comes to F2P...it is a blight on the MMO genre and should be eradicated from existence, but thats just my opinion as well

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157

The subscription isn't bad its the fact that the game is (Class Locked) meaning you have to play multiple classes to get full experience from the game when it should be developed around sand-box class system like (Skyrim) but it is not the game honestly based on the videos looks like another Rift Online game just more polished graphics and world.

My problem with ESO is the way the class system works I have begged them to change it before release if they don't I am not putting money into the game I want to be able to play all classes on a single character, all crafts on a single character, and swap all my skills on a single character in a sand-box theme not be limited to just changing weapon skills based on weapon as the video shows on their site.

Unless this is changed on release and when NDA is lifted I am waiting for the game to go F2P before playing.

• CyberWizCyberWiz Member UncommonPosts: 914

So far I find ESO to be a fun game, getting better while progressing further into the game.

I believe that the sub fee model is far superior than the F2P model for gamers.

The M-Rating is also positive in my eyes.

If the console crowd has a problem with the sub fee in combination with online console fees, then Zenimax should work out a deal with Microsoft and Sony. If MS and Sony can provide some services with their console networks towards Zenimax, then maybe Zenimax can cut some costs.

If the console sub costs 5€ per month, then the Zenimax sub fee should be limited to 10€ per month. While on PC the full 15€ sub fee can be charged. Just an idea.

Console and PC will be on a separate cluster anyway.

So to conclude, for me sub fee is the best way, I don't play F2P, because I want a level playing field.

If you are interested in subscription or PCU numbers for MMORPG's, check out my site :
    http://mmodata.blogspot.be/
    Favorite MMORPG's : DAoC pre ToA-NF, SWG Pre CU-NGE, EVE Online

• Kevyne-ShandrisKevyne-Shandris Member UncommonPosts: 2,077
    Originally posted by Arndush
    So, I ask again, what hype? What high expectations? As far as I can tell, most posters and review sites this game is and will fail.

What hype? Just check the threads, and how the titles are being worked for max viewing on the search engines. That's called "game promotion", and it's the nasty spammy type that makes a site look like bots invaded it.

And since some folk were still kids some 8 years ago, remember this is the company that ushered in DLC (yep, with Oblivion -- and what did they say about that then? They learned their lesson?)

Did they?

• FinalFikusFinalFikus Member Posts: 906
    The subscription was supposed to go towards maintaining a persistent world. Upgrading and improving so it wouldn't die from not doing those things. Instead they use the money for other things and just throw out the old players for new ones and try to add to their addicts.  Now that everyone knows what it's NOT being used for it's a hard sell.

"If the Damned gave you a roadmap, then you'd know just where to go"

• keenberkeenber Member UncommonPosts: 438
    Originally posted by Renoaku

The subscription isn't bad its the fact that the game is (Class Locked) meaning you have to play multiple classes to get full experience from the game when it should be developed around sand-box class system like (Skyrim) but it is not the game honestly based on the videos looks like another Rift Online game just more polished graphics and world.

My problem with ESO is the way the class system works I have begged them to change it before release if they don't I am not putting money into the game I want to be able to play all classes on a single character, all crafts on a single character, and swap all my skills on a single character in a sand-box theme not be limited to just changing weapon skills based on weapon as the video shows on their site.

Unless this is changed on release and when NDA is lifted I am waiting for the game to go F2P before playing.

Am i missing something here. As far as i can see there is no classes and if you are a templar and want to be a dps type or a wizzy or a healer or a tank on the same char why cant you?

Is it because there isnt the points to go arround to make all the skill lines because at what i hear there is over 300 points available to everybody.

I am sure there will be more points become available as the game goes on.

Or is it because differant races get differant skills because from what i played the skill sets all seemed the same but then i only played 2 beta weekends.

As far as racial skills go i dont belive they will make a huge diff come max lvl but maybe i am wrong.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Originally posted by Knotwood

10% of SKYRIM buyers =  2,000,000?    

I knew it was in the millions I dint think it was 20,000,000 copies sold! Then again it was the number one game sold for over a year!

If that's correct, we could very well be looking at the next WoW, depending on how much ES fans want to play every ES game.

WoW has 8,000,000 subscribers, their fan base started out with less then 1,000,000, but ES is starting out with a 20,000,000 fan base.

That means only 40% of SKYRIM buyers would have to buy to match WoW subscription numbers. Looking at these numbers, its definitely worth the risk for a company to make ESO.

Hold your horses. Skyrim and WoW both had word of mouth that they were amazing games. ESO? Well you can go Google the reviews yourself.

• CyberWizCyberWiz Member UncommonPosts: 914

ESO is definitely a success story.

Servers are crowded, people are playing.

I am having almost as much fun playing as I had with DAoC and more so than SWG or WoW.

I see a bright future for ESO.

Now going to sleep so I can play some more tomorrow :p

If you are interested in subscription or PCU numbers for MMORPG's, check out my site :
    http://mmodata.blogspot.be/
    Favorite MMORPG's : DAoC pre ToA-NF, SWG Pre CU-NGE, EVE Online

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751

So many good images.. which to use...

• BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039
    Originally posted by CyberWiz

ESO is definitely a success story.

Servers are crowded, people are playing.

I am having almost as much fun playing as I had with DAoC and more so than SWG or WoW.

I see a bright future for ESO.

Now going to sleep so I can play some more tomorrow :p

Nice necro!! image