Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What do you think zenimaz will do after all that mixed reviews?

13»

Comments

• a6point6a6point6 Member UncommonPosts: 44

LOL LOl Lol lol.

Serious, do the OPS inhere actually read about patches and stuff so they got newest info before racking on games even more.

Lol im leaving mmorpg for good. Not cause i cant take people having critics on a game. But because they do it without facts.

OP:

"We haved fixed alot of animations. An example is the female movement styles. And alot more is coming."

Have people noticed how much actually have been fixed in two weeks? No? well alot. They are listening to there testers. You could get support by a gm from 2-5 minutes. Damn thats fast, ive left games faster than 5 minutes cause of crappy support.

2nd post today from OPS who dont have there facts straight... MMORPG, must be embarresing.

• askdabossaskdaboss Member UncommonPosts: 631

There are many complaints, but mostly they won't do anything about "Elder scrolls style animation" (too much to do), "voice acting" (too expensive), "gameplay & PvP" (they just can't restart from scratch can they?). At least before release.

Now, maybe improve on xp gains for the first 10 levels after 1 month or so... so that rerolls can get past this initial bit ASAP.

And also I would imagine, they are going to make combat a bit more "fluid".

• Mud_MonsterMud_Monster Member UncommonPosts: 229
    It seems like a lot of negativity towards this game from reviewers is in regards to the starting areas, so I would bet at least some attention will be directed to improving that experience.

• MikeJTMikeJT Member UncommonPosts: 84

What I'd like to see them do:

Cancel the game (no really), and go back to the drawing board after refunding everyone their money.

What they probably will do:

Release the game then blame external factors on its failure.

The option to create an Elder Scrolls MMO has been excercised and unfortunately this is a wasted opportunity.

Even if they were to make tremendous changes to a second Elder Scrolls Online game, so many people will already have been turned off by this that I very much doubt they'll ever gain the same subscriber base as they could have if they just did the game right the first time.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by Cures80
    they dont have to do anything as they know that the real heart of the game wasnt reviewed yet: RvR. everything else will be topping.

If that is the real heart of the game they are in serious trouble because their thirst for extra cash caused them a really bad rep. You know, locking faction and race restriction unlocks behind a preorder and CE. You dont do that when the real heart of your game is about the conflinct between those factions and races.

• alakramalakram Member UncommonPosts: 2,301
    Originally posted by RelGn

Hi everyone I just wanted to know your speculation about what zenimax is going to do after all these mixed reviews.

Do you think they are going to fix the things that made some players go nuts or do you think that they will leave everything as it is on launch.

One of the things that really pissed me a bit is the bad animations on combat etc that dont feel smooth.

I think that this is not going to be fixed at launch

You can't change an mmo 2 months before launch. the game is finished and it is what it is. In the long run? We still need to see how the game does for real. A lot of the people saying they will not buy will do in the last moment.

• DamediusDamedius Member Posts: 346
    Originally posted by rojo6934

If that is the real heart of the game they are in serious trouble because their thirst for extra cash caused them a really bad rep. You know, locking faction and race restriction unlocks behind a preorder and CE. You dont do that when the real heart of your game is about the conflinct between those factions and races.

The CE gets you the ability to be an imperial. They can join any of the three factions. They are not themselves a separate faction in this game.

• UhwopUhwop Member UncommonPosts: 1,791

Game releases in two months, there's nothing they can do, and considering how much it's reputed to have cost to make there's no way they push it back 6 months to a year to improve things. 

It'll release as it is, be voted biggest flop of 2014, Firor will "resign" from ZeniOnline, and "the haters" will be blamed for killing the game before it was released. 

• SilveruneSilverune Member UncommonPosts: 128
    Cannot believe that they took this long close to release to invite a majority of the public into the beta. If only they had beta invites for mass public a year ago they could have fixed a lot of the mistakes we are now seeing...
  • FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Launch->Record Sales->Huge Dropoff->Layoffs->F2P Option->Steady Profit

• Originally posted by Foomerang

Launch->Record Sales->Huge Dropoff->Layoffs->F2P Option->Steady Profit

So the standard modern MMO launch then? Been there, done that.

• achesomaachesoma Member RarePosts: 1,726
    They're 7 weeks from launch.  What can they do other than polish at this point?  Maybe NDA drop so people who played past level 10 can chime in with some more positives. 
    Preaching Pantheon to People at PAX  PAX East 2018 Day 4 - YouTube