Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who's buying after trying out the beta?

Comments

• LugorsLugors Member UncommonPosts: 184
    The game is not quite grabbing my attention like FFXIV's relaunch or Rift.  I bought but did not subscribe to either of those games.  However, the beta's did convince me to at least purchase the game, and play to max level within the packaged month of game time.  On the fence with this one based on what I've experienced with the beta.
  • rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    Originally posted by Elijarh

Played a bit of beta  2 x Weekends, Got sick of typing "/reloadui".  Played Skyrim and all other ESO games and loved them.. Not rushing to buy this one thou.. will wait a year I think..

Eli

Thats about the same here.  However I didn't have to /reloadui yet during my brief time in beta.  The game is OK, but feels more like a watered down version of older Elder Scrolls game.  Naturally it's going to be since it's an MMO, but why should I sacrifice what I enjoyed about the other Elder Scrolls game just to play with "friends"?  Like Angry Joe said, the more I played this ESO beta, the more I wanted to play Skyrim instead to get the full experience.  For that I can't justify paying $60 for a box and another $15 a month on top of that to play something that is watered down to what I already own and enjoy.  I'll wait for it to go f2p or b2p, then I will play.  If keeps with the subs payment model then I simply won't play.  No biggie.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• FugglyFuggly Member Posts: 141
    Watch Angry Joe's video review, that's exactly what I think of the game after several beta sessions. I will not be buying it nor subbing to it. Alot of you will enjoy it for a week or two but it will wear off fast, trust me.

• DrWookieDrWookie Member UncommonPosts: 263

How is this post not a blatant list of people who are willingly breaking the NDA?

You are asking people what they think about the game after playing the beta. That is EXACTLY what an NDA is set up to prevent in public forums. Did the NDA come down without me noticing? You aren't asking for people's opinions based on press reviews, you are asking based on their PERSONAL opinion. That is, to my knowledge, completely not allowed.

Not saying they are going to sift through the 19 pages of this thread and ban/punish every single person, but at least the original poster who propagated a 19 page thread should be reprimanded at least a little. How did you not realize this is not what you are allowed to do?

(Of course is the NDA was lifted without my knowledge I withdraw my previous comments)

• SephrosSephros Member UncommonPosts: 429
    Oh nice. Who needs to pay the nda police when you get free volunteers.

Error: No Keyboard Detected!
    Press F1 to continue......

Below you will find a link to the NDA. They were so kind to actually highlight the parts already that I would point out to you.

http://elderscrollsonline.com/en/legal/nda

In particular, refer to section 4.

• RelGnRelGn Member Posts: 494
    Originally posted by d_20

Yes. I like it just fine. I'm an ES fan, too.

I find a lot of the criticism a bit strong. Many of the reviewers say the game sucks for various reasons and point out the shortcomings and then say it would be great as f2p. I don't see how a game can suck with one payment model and then be a great game with another.

If i give you a sausage for 5 $ that has moderate taste will you buy it?

Of course if i give it to you for free im sure you are going to eat it

• flguy147flguy147 Member UncommonPosts: 507
    Originally posted by Fuggly
    Watch Angry Joe's video review, that's exactly what I think of the game after several beta sessions. I will not be buying it nor subbing to it. Alot of you will enjoy it for a week or two but it will wear off fast, trust me.

So you know how i will feel about the game.  You have no clue how i will feel about the game in a week or 2.  Trust me.  You dont know anything about me or the enjoyment i have in games i play.  You are not God.

Originally posted by Sephros
    Oh nice. Who needs to pay the nda police when you get free volunteers.

Who needs to pay NDA police when you have people posting a thread on one of the most popular MMORPG websites, with a title that blatantly asks people to violate the NDA?

Technically the NDA doesn't even let you say you are in beta. Most NDA's don't. Most developers let that slide. But regardless of your feelings for the game you should at least respect the developers enough to not discuss your opinions while the NDA is up. The press has limited freedom starting with this weekend, but that doesn't extend to the public. That is probably where the confusion is coming from.

I'm not reporting anyone by the way. Like I said this thread, on a website like this, is public enough. If they want to enforce their NDA they can do so easily. Just pointing out to the people that made this thread 19 pages long that you are violating the agreement you signed.

I also have to wonder out loud why MMO forums like these allow threads to float around like this? It is disrespectful to the developers and incredibly unprofessional for a forum to allow clear cut violations. Obviously they aren't obligated to moderate, but it's surprising they don't.

• SephrosSephros Member UncommonPosts: 429
    How do you know he is not God? Thats like your opinion man

Error: No Keyboard Detected!
    Press F1 to continue......

• flguy147flguy147 Member UncommonPosts: 507
    Originally posted by Dalanon
    Originally posted by Amjoco
    Originally posted by boxsnd
    I'm gonna decide a few months after launch. If the the subscriber numbers keep increasing I will consider buying it. If they keep decreasing it means the game isn't worth it.

Name a game in the last decade that the numbers have increased. All games decrease especially after release. Sorry if this isn't what you mean, but from what you posted you believe the numbers are going to increase, or you hope they do?

I haven't followed every game, but WoW definitely increased it's first few years until it capped out around 12 million, then it started to fall to the 7-8 million range right now.  That will probably go up some more come its next expansion.

WOW is the 1 in 1000 type game.  That will never ever happen again.  So if you are expecting that in MMOs again, you will be disappointed 100% of the time. 

• RaunuRaunu Member UncommonPosts: 480

Not gonna buy

1. The game as it is now isn't ready for launch and I wouldn't pay for it right now. I've come across way too many game breaking issues like monsters that you can't hit or defend against so you just die without being able to do anything about it.

2. The only way I would play is if I was pre-ordering. I would want those pre-order bonuses to be able to play the faction/race combo I wanted to play. When you throw my first point into the picture, that makes this impossible.  If they hadn't offered this type of bonus as a pre-order incentive, I wouldn't have had an issue here.

3. For me, the first 10 hours or so of the game is really boring. I don't want to have to go through a lot of hours of boredom to start to feel like the game is getting good.

4. The principle of the imperial race imperial edition is a big one for me. If I were to pay $60 for the game, and pay $15 per month. I want all of the content available to me. That is the whole reason why I'm paying $15 per month, so I don't have to deal with pay walls around content. I don't mind vanity stuff being behind paywalls, but an entire race that is not faction locked is NOT a vanity item. 

This game just has so many issues for me, I might be willing to spend $60 on the box, but I wouldn't pay to play on top of that. Once it goes F2P, maybe then I'll get into it.

- - "What if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?" - -

• onlinenow25onlinenow25 Member UncommonPosts: 305
    Originally posted by onlinenow25
    Originally posted by hikaru77
    If you are a PvP player or an Old school DAOC and Warhammer online veteran, you just gonna love this game. 

Totally agree. The action gamer fans from Tera and such probably won't get into this as much as those you mentioned. I hope this game has a larger adult fanbase once it releases and the kids are gone. No offense meant to anyone who isn't mature, just I would rather you play something else! :) Perhaps something with voxels and spinning cows. /double shrug

Um can't help but point this fact out. 

You do know the average age of a video game player is somewhere in their 30s?

Here I'll drop a bunch of links to articles reporting on research findings.  To show that those 'Kids' are actually not 'kids' they are adults.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/news/10159917/Average-video-game-fan-is-35-years-old.html

http://www.vg247.com/2012/08/01/esa-average-gamer-age-is-30-adult-women-more-lucrative-than-teenage-boys/

http://www.theesa.com/facts/pdfs/esa_ef_2013.pdf

I could link more, but those 3 seemed the most credible.

I wasn't by any means saying all gamers are kids. And yes I know those facts and have quoted them myself. My point was I would rather not have immature "30 year olds" playing the game. What you highlited is what I mean, I would rather have a more adult fanbase rather than a bunch of kids.

Believe it or not that $15 dollar pay gate creates a group.  The dynamics of that group can be partially seen through people such as your self and others that are strongly P2P pro, and think F2P is trash and brings in trash.

Fact is this isn't even slightly true.  What brings in the so called 'trash' is the game its self, the market in which the game appeals to.

Go check out Marvel Heroes forums, you will see a F2P game where the community is actually one of the most involved and dedicated fans of a game and IP I have ever seen.  Also not to mention discussions are actually discussions and not people trying to prove each other wrong.

I would love to go into how just the having that idea of different groups causes you and others to hate others outside your group.  But I have to go to work.  But for a little research on groups, look up the study involving two summer camp groups and how just the knowledge of there being another group caused dismay between the groups, as well as superordinate tasks which is what brought the groups together.

• DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873
    I will eventually end up buying it but not now. In my experience it is always better to wait. So maybe in a year down the line but not at release for sure.

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by DrWookie

Below you will find a link to the NDA. They were so kind to actually highlight the parts already that I would point out to you.

http://elderscrollsonline.com/en/legal/nda

In particular, refer to section 4.

Really there is enough subject matter already released by the developers themselves that it doesn't break any NDA. Just this video itself is more than enough to discuss here. Character Progression.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• onlinenow25onlinenow25 Member UncommonPosts: 305
    Originally posted by winghaven1
    Originally posted by kotz

Zoom out and take a look at the big picture.. Seiously? is any different from the other mmos? other than a new sorie?  Perhaps its just the stories people are after?  For fans it is i guess.. But thats feels kind of shallow? doesnt it?

1. 3 factions, battling each other.
    2. TES lore and setting.
    3. Action-based combat.
    4. No linear class system. You decide and choose how you want to play.
    5. Blocking, dodging, sprinting.
    6. In-depth and highly valued crafting system. Meaning crafting items aren't useless in comparison to many MMOS.
    7. First-person + third-person.
    8. Aiming system (Not fully. But you need to aim your weapon in order to hit. Instead of mashing stupid buttons.)
    9. Oh and the exploration rewards you (Example: Skyshards, finding new quests and books that give important information- and even can increase your skill level in one of your professions/combat skills)

So...

Sorry this point is completely wrong.

It is 100% soft-lock targeting, meaning its the same as tab targeting only you 'tab' with your cursor.

You can cast a spell and turn almost 60 degrees where you would be looking at the person next to you and still fire off your spell and hit what ever you casted on.

You want a free example of how the combat is?  Neverwinter.  Only it dosn't lock you into place when you do a basic attack.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by hikaru77
    If you are a PvP player or an Old school DAOC and Warhammer online veteran, you just gonna love this game. 

Totally agree. The action gamer fans from Tera and such probably won't get into this as much as those you mentioned. I hope this game has a larger adult fanbase once it releases and the kids are gone. No offense meant to anyone who isn't mature, just I would rather you play something else! :) Perhaps something with voxels and spinning cows. /double shrug

Um can't help but point this fact out. 

You do know the average age of a video game player is somewhere in their 30s?

Here I'll drop a bunch of links to articles reporting on research findings.  To show that those 'Kids' are actually not 'kids' they are adults.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/news/10159917/Average-video-game-fan-is-35-years-old.html

http://www.vg247.com/2012/08/01/esa-average-gamer-age-is-30-adult-women-more-lucrative-than-teenage-boys/

http://www.theesa.com/facts/pdfs/esa_ef_2013.pdf

I could link more, but those 3 seemed the most credible.

I wasn't by any means saying all gamers are kids. And yes I know those facts and have quoted them myself. My point was I would rather not have immature "30 year olds" playing the game. What you highlited is what I mean, I would rather have a more adult fanbase rather than a bunch of kids.

Believe it or not that $15 dollar pay gate creates a group.  The dynamics of that group can be partially seen through people such as your self and others that are strongly P2P pro, and think F2P is trash and brings in trash.

Fact is this isn't even slightly true.  What brings in the so called 'trash' is the game its self, the market in which the game appeals to.

Go check out Marvel Heroes forums, you will see a F2P game where the community is actually one of the most involved and dedicated fans of a game and IP I have ever seen.  Also not to mention discussions are actually discussions and not people trying to prove each other wrong.

I would love to go into how just the having that idea of different groups causes you and others to hate others outside your group.  But I have to go to work.  But for a little research on groups, look up the study involving two summer camp groups and how just the knowledge of there being another group caused dismay between the groups, as well as superordinate tasks which is what brought the groups together.

First, I'm not P2P pro, I am happy with anything that has good gaming and content. Every game is a mix of people, I was only suggesting that due to the nature of this game in particular, there is less of a Tera action based combat system that seemed to gather less mature players. I'm not against Tera, but I was very turned off by the chat in the game and I'm hoping that a more mature crowd is involved in this one. Sometimes people try and pick something as simple as my first comments to pieces with psychological terms, links, graphs, etc.  I just meant I want a more mature crowd!

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

It's already been discussed many times here, but I still don't like the pay-walls. Most notably, the horse. Supposedly that's a very expensive in game bonus. From what I've seen so far, a horse will be necessary for travel and so players will be required to save up and purchase one. Well, anyone who didn't get one included in their purchase. So that's a pretty sizable gold head start there. Not sure what kind of advantage that will have in the game, But, I'm not going to be among the 1st to figure it out. The other issue I have is that this game is to date, the most expensive boxed price MMORPG yet. And it is still being argued back and forth that it's simply not worth it for a long term MMO. I'm not throwing away over a hundred bucks for an MMO that may or may not succeed as a P2P title.

If the game is really worth the initial expense, it will still be worth it in a month or 2 after release. I'll reconsider then.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by Sephros
    How do you know he is not God? Thats like your opinion man

lmfao. Thanks for the laugh man.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• imaginaimagina Member Posts: 104

Will buy the game, when it will be cheaper, stops to travesty it's free to play real nature under a subscription and become honest with what it is, a good free to play experience, but a very bad, bland and boring game as a subscription model mmo, it has nowhere near the level of graphics, animations, and content required to be a subscription game, and yes, it comes from more than me playing twenty hours spent into the beta so far.

If Zenimax was honest with the state of the game as it is, they wouldn't ask for a subscription fee and should be ashamed for doing so.

• ZadawnZadawn Member UncommonPosts: 670
    Originally posted by rojo6934
    i'll buy it if / when the subscription becomes optional. I would be OK supporting the game with a box price and expansions or DLC, definitelly not subscription material here.

What is subscription material for you? EVERYTHING used to be subscription material.

• hikaru77hikaru77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,123
    ¨Alliance War¨, thats all i have to say till the end of the DNA. There is a Huge MMO community that will find a new home, pretty soon. 
  • HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    Not sure yet if it is worth $15 a month yet. The box price is fine.
  • DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873
    Originally posted by GeezerGamer

It's already been discussed many times here, but I still don't like the pay-walls. Most notably, the horse. Supposedly that's a very expensive in game bonus. From what I've seen so far, a horse will be necessary for travel and so players will be required to save up and purchase one. Well, anyone who didn't get one included in their purchase. So that's a pretty sizable gold head start there. Not sure what kind of advantage that will have in the game, But, I'm not going to be among the 1st to figure it out. The other issue I have is that this game is to date, the most expensive boxed price MMORPG yet. And it is still being argued back and forth that it's simply not worth it for a long term MMO. I'm not throwing away over a hundred bucks for an MMO that may or may not succeed as a P2P title.

If the game is really worth the initial expense, it will still be worth it in a month or 2 after release. I'll reconsider then.

I can even tolerate pay walls and cash shop if it atleast had enough content to keep me busy beyond first month. Sadly it doesn't. I would like to see how many will enjoy the generic fetch and kill quests all the way to level cap especially those who enjoy PVE part of MMOS more than PVP.

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

• SuperNickSuperNick Member UncommonPosts: 460
    Originally posted by imagina

Will buy the game, when it will be cheaper, stops to travesty it's free to play real nature under a subscription and become honest with what it is, a good free to play experience, but a very bad, bland and boring game as a subscription model mmo, it has nowhere near the level of graphics, animations, and content required to be a subscription game, and yes, it comes from more than me playing twenty hours spent into the beta so far.

If Zenimax was honest with the state of the game as it is, they wouldn't ask for a subscription fee and should be ashamed for doing so.

Did you actually just say the game would be a good experience if it was free to play but currently since it's a sub game it's bad, bland and boring?

Are you another one of those "I secretly love this game but complaining may get me this for free" people?

Is it that subscription games aren't open to you and you're bitter about it?