Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who's buying after trying out the beta?

Comments

• handlewithcarehandlewithcare Member Posts: 322

going to buy it,it looks and feels close to skyrim and that's all that matters,from what I have seen ;)

3xtimes you have to level to 50 so that's 150levels and 450 hours of gameplay if you just quest as quick as possible.

its like 2 big mmos for the price of 2 big mmos and the sub. of 2 big mmos.

expensive but good enough for me I am in.

• aprilgogoaprilgogo Member Posts: 5
    Nope!  Not going to buy it.  I had pre-ordered it and now decided it wasn't for me.  I have cancelled.
  • dinamsdinams Member Posts: 1,362

I will pre-order the imperial edition

And I dont give a fuck

"It has potential"
    -Second most used phrase on existence
    "It sucks"
    -Most used phrase on existence

• Cures80Cures80 Member UncommonPosts: 29
    after spending the last days in AvA i preordered the Special Edition. its simply DAOC2. i have to wait no longer. we are hundreds of People on TS organizing multiple sieges and its only closed beta :D
  • DeddmeatDeddmeat Member UncommonPosts: 387

I got the Imperial Edition from GmG .. I like the faction divide, I would have preferred more racial bias in the game but you can't have everything. Who remembers Morrowind and how Merchant's etc treated you depending on race/class ?

I'd have liked that in ESO as well but to much 'pc' worries from Mary Whitehouse fan's I guess ;-)

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100

No may be in a year perhaps.

Chamber of Chains
  • TraviksTraviks Member CommonPosts: 32

Imperial Edition preordered.

After level 10 onwards the game greatly improves. PVP is adictive, PVE it's full of lore/exploration. I'm a TES fan since my father gift me Dagerfall on 96. So lore/main story from TESO it's feels like a good TES.

I 'dont care haters, fanboys or people who has not passed through level 10.

• DrSmaShDrSmaSh Member UncommonPosts: 454

Nop. Couldn't beta test this game for more than 30 minutes. Guess I can't say more due to NDA (good for them), but Angry Joe summed it up pretty well.

It did make me wanna play some Skyrim again and guess what I've been playing this weekend instead of ESO :)

Every time I read your post, I die a little inside...
  • KuinnKuinn Member UncommonPosts: 2,072
    Originally posted by Ender4

Originally posted by alexhpy98721
    I will not be buying it... its not that bad but its... average. I hoped it can be better than SWTOR but its not, maybe in 1-2 years i will try it after they add upgrades and such.

Being better than SWTOR is a completely sad low bar to expect since SWTOR was one of the worst MMORPG to ever be released.

I recall seeing some TOR financial report a week or two ago which said the game made a ton of money with the cash shop, it's probably one of the more profitable western mmorpg's currently. Also I saw some news about the game pushing it's pace with content updates this year, seems like it's been doing so good they are putting more back into it :)

• ArakaziArakazi Member UncommonPosts: 911
    Just wait, after a few weeks after release the people gushing over this game will be on here going on about the shortcomings. It was the same with The Secret World, GW2, AoC etc. etc. When Star Wars TOR first came out everyone was getting really excited after playing the first 20 level. "This is Great! I can finnally leave WoW" a couple of days later these same people are back on complaining, because they realized that SWTOR didn't offer anything that exciting. The same thing will happen with ESO and Wowstar. Unless a MMO comes out that offers something radically different from GW2 or WoW, people will just get bored and move onto the next big thing.
  • ShodanasShodanas Member RarePosts: 1,933

Being a big TES fan i logged a dozen hours in the beta over the past 2 days and while i liked the game i can't decide yet. The stunt Zenimax pulled with the Imperial class is one deal breaker. How can someone deny access to a feature in a game where customers pay for a box price AND a monthly subscription is beyond my grasp. The second quarrel i have with TESO is the emptiness of it's world. They created big and nice looking scenery and they left it almost complete barren. This certainly does not help immersion and a TES game is all about immersion. 

I will wait for a week or two after release and then i'll decide. 

• SuperNickSuperNick Member UncommonPosts: 460

It's trendy to hate on popular things these days, It also brings in buckets of viewers too sadly.

I feel like it's a little reaching to say things like "everyone hating on it" and "so much bad press". There's very view places that gave it an entirely negative review, more just a view bloggers/reviewers who basically aren't into the genre. The rest echoed the opinion that it just has areas to work on and I think most agree.

For every negative article, there's a positive article. It's also worth noting in almost every negative article: the previewer barely plays 2 hours.

It's as if the good previews are based on solid companies/people who played for an actual FAIR amount of time and the negative ones are from people who don't play MMOs and reached the dizzying heights of level 5.

End of the day though, who lets strangers really decide on their game? AngryJoe doesn't like the game? Whoopdie do. The guy hates MMOs, the guy hates slow-paced games; he likes action games. Oh gee, I really thought he was going to like ESO too!

• mysticmousemysticmouse Member UncommonPosts: 146
    Going to pass on it at release. Maybe later after its been out 6 months I will take another look at it.
  • picommanderpicommander Member UncommonPosts: 256
    Usually I don't rage quit and I thought I never would do that in a beta. This is a first timer (wiped game files, cancled newsletter account). If they decide to even skip all things possibly fun in their beta stress tests then fine. Next time they should pay me then for wasting my time. If not and what I've seen actually was part of the future product then good luck (they'll need it). I'm an avid Elder Scrolls fan but what I've seen has almost nothing in common, just the wrapper (mainly UI elements). Expect just another generic (solid at best) MMO. Wouldn't play it for free though.
  • darkedone02darkedone02 Member UncommonPosts: 581
    I'm not plan on buying this game after launch, I don't care much for generic games that refuses to add something new into the table, I have my eyes set on Everquest Next and Wildstar as both of those games added something new into the playing fields and took themepark games to a different level (except Everquest Next, that is a sandbox game, not a themepark game). This game is basically nothing more then a moneypot.

• DrSmaShDrSmaSh Member UncommonPosts: 454
    Originally posted by picommander
    Usually I don't rage quit and I thought I never would do that in a beta. This is a first timer (wiped game files, cancled newsletter account). If they decide to even skip all things possibly fun in their beta stress tests then fine. Next time they should pay me then for wasting my time. If not and what I've seen actually was part of the future product then good luck (they'll need it). I'm an avid Elder Scrolls fan but what I've seen has almost nothing in common, just the wrapper (mainly UI elements). Expect just another generic (solid at best) MMO. Wouldn't play it for free though.

People will jump on you for not doing your job of beta testing this game (for free). But I share your views - feel like they should be paying me to play this, not the other way around. And I'd be more than happy to beta test this IF my voice would have any impact on development of this game, say I was beta tester for last 3-4 years. But now, less than 2 months from release and this is what they got to show for themselves? Pha!

Every time I read your post, I die a little inside...
  • UhwopUhwop Member UncommonPosts: 1,791
    Originally posted by Amjoco
    Originally posted by blondeh
    Originally posted by kabitoshin
    Originally posted by blondeh

Nope wont be buying, for the following reasons.

• over priced
    • animations (especially running) are poor
    • Graphics are poor. (im running a r9 280x...) Rift is more visually appealing
    • quests are the usual mundane crap found in other mmos
    • feels like a badly made mmo with the ES badge put on the box...oh with the odd cupoard to search or item to pick up.
    • no chat bubbles
    • generally boring....

I'll stick to playing single player games and Battlefield until something decent comes along

Sounds like your typical MMO, have fun with the rubberbanding issues in BF4.

Not all mmos are made as poorly as ESO. I got nothing form the beta. I was expecting Skyrim online and what i got some cheap copy with a multiplayer addon...except you cant group to complete missions.....LOL

Sorry, but you would have to be pretty naive or not have done any kind of homework to think Skyrim could be an mmorpg.  It just would be near impossible to have Skyrim graphics and hundreds of players in the same area and not have a nuclear meltdown.  As far as the rest of the game goes, it is basically the same UI, movement, crafting, etc. The game is far from perfect, but it is still fun to play imho. 

edit: the game isn't perfect as I said. ie, it has no collision, no underwater exploration, etc. But almost all games start out with holes in them and in most cases they are filled.

How about Morrowind? 

It's not the graphics in Skyrim people were expecting, it was the gameplay. 

• kartanakartana Member UncommonPosts: 148
    I won't. And after playing for a few hours I think I would skip it even if it was F2P.
  • BluewhitehellBluewhitehell Member Posts: 66
    Originally posted by Brabbit1987
    Originally posted by Bluewhitehell
    Originally posted by JJ82
    Originally posted by keithian
    Originally posted by JJ82

1. SWTOR received as much if not more hate near the end of its beta. I followed that game closely and it actually received more positive reactions around this time and even from reviewers at release. Then everyone claimed that all of the reviewers were paid by EA and there were a lot of injured forum goers when Mike B on this site gave it a good review. Though in the end that game didn't come close to expectations  (mine and a lot of others) with regard to Sub numbers, its still hanging around doing just fine and is a solid game for those who like the linear single player story focus of that game. I was disappointed I had no desire to get to end level and stopped in the mid 40s.

2. How good the combat is comes down to the individuals personal experience with previous games. To me its really bad because I have played games like AoC, Tera, Vindictus, hell even GW2 has far better combat and I only could stand playing that game for a few months. To me the combat feels very Elder Scrollish. I never had an issue with it in the single players games, but I also don't mind tab targeting. I'm just flexible I guess. I liked GW2 combat as well to some degree, but I didn't think it was any better...because that game lacked skill progression after the first 20 levels and like you I got bored. Totally agree with you (which is a first) that is down to personal experience.

3. The above is why I gave an audible chuckle when reading your statement that all MMOs fall into the predictable wade up to an enemy comment, because its just plain wrong, you have limited yourself to MMOs with bland combat. I've played WOW, EQ2, AOC, Rift, Aion, Allods online, Vanguard, LOTRO, GW2, SWTOR, Rift, Warhammer, Star Trek, Final Fantasy, probably others and I have yet to see any MMO where I was like "WOW, the enemy AI is so much better than other games". SWTOR developers promised that and I think they didn't come close to what was promised specifically for enemy AI.

4. Talk to me about the lack of collision being not that bad after having PvPed...........its jaw droppingly stupid to not have it in a game built around end game PvP. Though I understand the reasons for lack of collision, I actually agree with you on this for just about all MMOs for both PVE and PVP, It just feels more immersive to me, but thats just my opinion. Most games for the last 10 years have the same issue.

3. Well as I said, you obviously didn't play Tera, Vindictus and Age of Conan, games that had amazing combat. So, it makes sense that this standard non-innovative old style dried up MMO is for you.

That is your personal opinion. I've played both Tera and TESO beta, I liked TESO battle system more than Tera. TESO feels like a hybrid of traditional MMORPG battle system and TES battle system, Tera feels like a shooting game. TESO combat pace is faster and more enjoyable than FFXIV,  on the same time it doesn't feel like shooting game like Tera, to me it feel just right.

Tera is nothing like a shooting game unless you play a class such as an archer. Sounds to me like you really didn't play it all to long.

I purchased Tera, and one thing I can say with 100% certainty is that the combat is the best I have seen in an mmo? The rest of the game is total garbage though. Which is sad, because it could have been a great game if that wasn't the case.

If I remember correctly(it's been a while since I played it, I may not remember everything correctly), you do need to aim in Tera, if you don't aim well, you'd miss. The entire pace of the combat and the fact that there are dodge moves, makes it a lot more dynamic and more shooting game like. So how is it not a shooting game?

The combat isn't "the best" if you're not into running aiming and dodging in the combat. I admit I didn't get very far in Tera, because I don't like the entire battle system at all. I'm just not very into action oriented combat. You think it's "the best", because as an action oriented combat it really is the best, or at least close. But that doesn't apply to any player not into action oriented combat.

• MyriaMyria Member UncommonPosts: 699
    Originally posted by odienman

I can't recall a game in recent memory that has gotten so much hate and predictions of failure.

I think SWOTR beat TESO for pre-release hate, but really ToR never had a chance around here for the 'sin' of not being SWG2 and TESO never did for the 'sin' of not being a multiplayer Skyrim -- never mind the impossibility of that. It's the price they both have to pay for using pre-existing IPs, I suppose.

Not that it matters what people around here or 'reviewers' like Angry Joe (mind, I don't dislike Joe or his ilk, I just recognize them for what they are -- entertainers who barely dip their feet into any given game, especially MMOs which take a lot of time to really get to know, and thus can be entertaining to watch but should never, ever be taken seriously)  say. If it did D3 wouldn't have sold 15 million copies and ToR would have closed shop long ago. The denizens of sites like this have elevated the hype/trash cycle to an artform. Hype it to hell and back when it's far enough from release that it can be the perfect game in your mind, trash it with as much vitriol as you can muster when it inevitably turns out to not be your idea of gaming Nerdvana.

In any event, I was pretty turned off TESO with the first beta I played, but since it has improved markedly and each subsequent beta has left me more interested. At this point I'm considering ordering a physical CE, something I pretty much never do. Either way, I'll definitely be playing at launch. Will it be my new long term MMO home? I dunno, I hope so but I'm not betting on it. I'm reasonably certain I'll get enough entertainment out of it to justify the cost, though, and for now that's all that matters.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by boxsnd
    I'm gonna decide a few months after launch. If the the subscriber numbers keep increasing I will consider buying it. If they keep decreasing it means the game isn't worth it.

Name a game in the last decade that the numbers have increased. All games decrease especially after release. Sorry if this isn't what you mean, but from what you posted you believe the numbers are going to increase, or you hope they do?

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• Preacher26Preacher26 Member UncommonPosts: 381
    Huge ESO fan here but sadly I am very disappointed with this game. I won't buy right off, I'll give it a few months after launch and see how the pvp scene holds up.
  • DalanonDalanon Member UncommonPosts: 126
    I'm gonna decide a few months after launch. If the the subscriber numbers keep increasing I will consider buying it. If they keep decreasing it means the game isn't worth it.

Name a game in the last decade that the numbers have increased. All games decrease especially after release. Sorry if this isn't what you mean, but from what you posted you believe the numbers are going to increase, or you hope they do?

I haven't followed every game, but WoW definitely increased it's first few years until it capped out around 12 million, then it started to fall to the 7-8 million range right now.  That will probably go up some more come its next expansion.

Not all who wander are lost...

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by Dalanon

I haven't followed every game, but WoW definitely increased it's first few years until it capped out around 12 million, then it started to fall to the 7-8 million range right now.  That will probably go up some more come its next expansion.

WoW was an exception due to the time it released. Every game that released in the recent past, or will from now on will have a large following, lose players after the first few weeks, and then become a niche game with it's loyal fans. WoW was an anomoly, or a freak! :)

edit:sp

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• ElijarhElijarh Member UncommonPosts: 84

Played a bit of beta  2 x Weekends, Got sick of typing "/reloadui".  Played Skyrim and all other ESO games and loved them.. Not rushing to buy this one thou.. will wait a year I think..

Eli