Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who's buying after trying out the beta?

Comments

• SiphaedSiphaed Member RarePosts: 1,114
    Originally posted by hikaru77
    If you are a PvP player or an Old school DAOC and Warhammer online veteran, you just gonna love this game. 

Tell me how anyone this weekend can tell when <NDA> was down and wouldn't <NDA> because their idea of an <NDA> is to <NDA> and not <NDA> with the playerbase.  

I can say this because the developers have already said so in a reveal:  A player cannot participate in the PvP until lvl10.   

That being said it would mean players have to slog through all the <NDA> to get to the PvP parts, assuming that <NDA> actually <NDA>'s.     

That's obnoxious when a game such as GW2 has PvP after a very small single-level tutorial that players can fully spend 79 levels doing nothing but PvP if they so choose in WvW.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by hikaru77
    If you are a PvP player or an Old school DAOC and Warhammer online veteran, you just gonna love this game. 

Totally agree. The action gamer fans from Tera and such probably won't get into this as much as those you mentioned. I hope this game has a larger adult fanbase once it releases and the kids are gone. No offense meant to anyone who isn't mature, just I would rather you play something else! :) Perhaps something with voxels and spinning cows. /double shrug

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• DeathFromAboveDeathFromAbove Member UncommonPosts: 112
    This is all l can say. l started thinking one way and after playing two days so far on BETA l will be ordering mine. l'm tired of cartoon looking video games, oversized armor and weapons that look like a house. Right now l'm really enjoying it. So a BIG Yes from me. l don't go by people's opinions l like to do my own research and see and try it for myself. Some People love some games that l hate so. l don't care what anybody saids about it. Is my type of game.
  • RebelScum99RebelScum99 Member Posts: 1,090
    Not sure yet.  I'm 100% in on Wildstar.  Done deal...take my money now.  I like ESO, but I'm not sure if I want to go ESO or keep subbing to WoW as my other sub for the WoD expansion.  
    Originally posted by RebelScum99
    Not sure yet.  I'm 100% in on Wildstar.  Done deal...take my money now.  I like ESO, but I'm not sure if I want to go ESO or keep subbing to WoW as my other sub for the WoD expansion.  

All these games can be a problem. We can't afford to play them all so we need another job to pay for them. With another job there is no time to play them. It's an evil vicious cycle! :)

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    Absolutely no. Also NDA, so watch what you say. Good press or not your not suppose to say it, granted  Its not as likely they will come guns blazing against you for it either. Just watch your wording.
  • HowryHowry Member UncommonPosts: 116
    I have ZERO plans to buy..
  • RebelScum99RebelScum99 Member Posts: 1,090
    Originally posted by Amjoco

All these games can be a problem. We can't afford to play them all so we need another job to pay for them. With another job there is no time to play them. It's an evil vicious cycle! :)

Indeed.  Or maybe I can just ask for a 100% increase in my salary, and a 50% decrease in my work week.  That might work, too.

Indeed.  Or maybe I can just ask for a 100% increase in my salary, and a 50% decrease in my work week.  That might work, too.

I wish I worked for you! 

• BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465
    I'll buy it when it is $10, which will likely be summer.
  • blondehblondeh Member UncommonPosts: 540

Nope wont be buying, for the following reasons.

• over priced
    • animations (especially running) are poor
    • Graphics are poor. (im running a r9 280x...) Rift is more visually appealing
    • quests are the usual mundane crap found in other mmos
    • feels like a badly made mmo with the ES badge put on the box...oh with the odd cupoard to search or item to pick up.
    • no chat bubbles
    • generally boring....

I'll stick to playing single player games and Battlefield until something decent comes along

• DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203
    Cancelled my pre-order after today's beta.
  • kabitoshinkabitoshin Member UncommonPosts: 854
    I'll buy it when I'm done with GW2 and FFXIV, right now spend too much time in those to have another MMO.
  • kabitoshinkabitoshin Member UncommonPosts: 854
    Originally posted by blondeh

• over priced
    • feels like a badly made mmo with the ES badge put on the box...oh with the odd cupoard to search or item to pick up.
    • no chat bubbles
    • generally boring....

I'll stick to playing single player games and Battlefield until something decent comes along

Sounds like your typical MMO, have fun with the rubberbanding issues in BF4.

• skyline385skyline385 Member Posts: 564

You need to play Wildstar once. I know i used to be crazy about Wildstar a few months back.

• Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686
    I am on the fence... dunno. I will probably wait  6 months or so until they iron all bugs etc... it really bores me real fast though. Definitely not pre-ordering.

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

• blondehblondeh Member UncommonPosts: 540
    Originally posted by kabitoshin

• over priced
    • no chat bubbles
    • generally boring....

Not all mmos are made as poorly as ESO. I got nothing form the beta. I was expecting Skyrim online and what i got some cheap copy with a multiplayer addon...except you cant group to complete missions.....LOL

• over priced
    • no chat bubbles
    • generally boring....

ESO (mmorpg.com exclusive screenshot, not breaking NDA)

http://images.mmorpg.com/images/screenshots/112012/full/26709.jpg

Rift

http://www.mmogames.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/fantasy-mmo-games-rift-iron-pine-peaks-screenshot.jpg

If you think the latter is better than you need to put on your glasses.

Enjoy your BF4.

• over priced
    • no chat bubbles
    • generally boring....

Not all mmos are made as poorly as ESO. I got nothing form the beta. I was expecting Skyrim online and what i got some cheap copy with a multiplayer addon...except you cant group to complete missions.....LOL

Sorry, but you would have to be pretty naive or not have done any kind of homework to think Skyrim could be an mmorpg.  It just would be near impossible to have Skyrim graphics and hundreds of players in the same area and not have a nuclear meltdown.  As far as the rest of the game goes, it is basically the same UI, movement, crafting, etc. The game is far from perfect, but it is still fun to play imho. 

edit: the game isn't perfect as I said. ie, it has no collision, no underwater exploration, etc. But almost all games start out with holes in them and in most cases they are filled.

• SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360

Was able to play the beta.

Saved  60 bucks.

Happy gamer!

If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation

• over priced
    • no chat bubbles
    • generally boring....

Sorry, but you would have to be pretty naive or not have done any kind of homework to think Skyrim could be an mmorpg.  It just would be near impossible to have Skyrim graphics and hundreds of players in the same area and not have a nuclear meltdown.  As far as the rest of the game goes, it is basically the same UI, movement, crafting, etc. The game is far from perfect, but it is still fun to play imho. 

Couldn't agree more. It's impossible to create Skyrim as a whole. While stuff like grouping up for quests could be included instead of free questing (everyone getting exp from helping each other), the game is closest to what Skyrim can be. Sadly though, it's future is grim because of the publicity. Another problem is the NDA which is causing people to just complain about a MMO in its first 10 levels. If you did that for WoW, then it would be a complete snooze-fest.

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988

After <NDA> and seeing how <NDA> <NDA> <NDA> my plans are to <NDA> because of <NDA>, <NDA> and <NDA>.

I can't imagine why the NDA is still not lifted?

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    Originally posted by skyline385

• over priced
    • no chat bubbles
    • generally boring....

ESO (mmorpg.com exclusive screenshot, not breaking NDA)

http://images.mmorpg.com/images/screenshots/112012/full/26709.jpg

Rift

http://www.mmogames.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/fantasy-mmo-games-rift-iron-pine-peaks-screenshot.jpg

If you think the latter is better than you need to put on your glasses.

Enjoy your BF4.

I actually like both games' graphics, while the Rift shot was also taken in the zone that looks best to me in the game.

In my opinion ESO still has better graphics and a MUCH better presentation in general.

• Eighteen16Eighteen16 Member UncommonPosts: 146
    The game is more fun than I expected, will definitely pick up a CE. As far as I see it all this negative criticism just comes from people who are overall annoyed by MMOs after multiple failures of big name titles recently. The game will be fun for the first few months, maybe more if Zenimax know what they are doing. It is still a better value than dropping the money on a single player game. 
  • loltacololloltacolol Member UncommonPosts: 26
    Pre-ordered! See you all on the battlefield!