Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn: Signed Collector's Edition and NVIDIA GTX 650 Giveaway!

Comments

• DazueDazue Member Posts: 1
    I haven't yet been able to play FFVXIV because of video card problems but my all time favorite moment had to be playing FF 11 on xbox with my good friend lucas (who now plays FFVXIV) and trying to face an area boss by ourselves and getting destroyed i would love to recreate these memoirs with Lucas on FFVXIV
  • kyssarikyssari Member Posts: 142

Sadly I only got to play a lil bit of Final Fantasy XIV ARR during one of the beta weekends and did love it but haven't been able to afford to buy into it quite yet. With my limited play experience with it during the beta though I'd have to say seeing moogles right off the bat was the awesomest!! I love those little guys so much!

The thing that always stick out to me the most from the Final Fantasy games altogether though is the Celes Opera scene in Final Fantasy 3 (US) on SNES. Love it and totally have the mp3 of it on my comp. Even have the file so I can play it on my minstrel ingame on LOTRO! lol

• enola7277enola7277 Member Posts: 1
    My best experience is how the dungeons bring experienced and new players together and ease up familiarizing yourself with the dungeon and helps make it less intimidating.  I also really love the cut scenes and the storyline that is being played out in the game. 
  • MelatoniMelatoni Member Posts: 1
    My favorite moments were boss battle's-
  • DeifactDeifact Member Posts: 2
    Entering Crystal Tower Labyrinth of the Ancients in FFXIV. It was really big and pretty !
  • MMOLIFE-AndrewMMOLIFE-Andrew Member UncommonPosts: 50

After playing all the old school Final Fantasy a few things ring a bell. First off, remembering FFX and even after beating the game multiple times, the most awesome mini-game in all of the Final Fantasy's was Blitzball. Who didn't load the game up, just to play Blitzball all the time? Also, FF8 I feel had one of the best story lines and characters. Yes, 7 was awesome on everything, but I loved 8 just as much. I feel they had to try and achieve higher than 7, and they still topped it just as well!

• VinMackVinMack Member UncommonPosts: 9
    Final Fantasy is one of the best continuous series made to this day, and it's phenomenal that they continue to push forward and pummel the bar to set the standard for Action, Adventure, and RPG. My most recent moment was the feeling of "in awe" of how gnarly the revamped FFXIV looked!!!
  • JJ82JJ82 Member UncommonPosts: 1,258

Simple answer.

FFVII, The death of Aerith scene leading me to want to kill Sephiroth more than any other thing I have ever wanted to kill in any RPG/MMORPG EVER!

That bastard.........and it wasn't that I didn't want Cloud to get with Tifa more, because, well......boobs yo!

"People who tell you you’re awesome are useless. No, dangerous.

They are worse than useless because you want to believe them. They will defend you against critiques that are valid. They will seduce you into believing you are done learning, or into thinking that your work is better than it actually is." ~Raph Koster
    http://www.raphkoster.com/2013/10/14/on-getting-criticism/

• devilsheepdevilsheep Member UncommonPosts: 5
    My favorite moment in FFXIV was when I got my chocobo. 
  • SanadorSanador Member UncommonPosts: 3
    First logging in to FFXIV on my PS3, and realizing SE had managed to squeeze a full-featured MMO onto that platform.  So fun with friends, and can't wait for PS4 version!
  • JamissJamiss Member Posts: 1
    My favorite moment (still leveling) was the Lightning Strikes FATE for the first time :) It was the familiar music that played on the backround (same as FF13 but ya'll know that ;)) that got the chills up my spine.. Just rammed the volume up and really went in to the zone in that one! :D
  • smebs014smebs014 Member Posts: 1
    Final Fantasy games were the main reasons I became a serious video game fan.  I never played FFXIV but my favorite rpg game of all time has to be Final Fantasy game was 3 (or 6) for SNES.  Save the moogles!  Kupo!
  • misfit7783misfit7783 Member Posts: 35
    Hmm. Playing final fantasy tactics all throughout highschool on my gameboy instead of doing my homework have at least 400+ hours clocked into that thing, my favorite part of that game was having a full squad of ninjas and wiping out battles in less then 5 turns..and TAKING over the entire damn map with my guild took for frigin ever.

• WolfstriderWolfstrider Member Posts: 1
    Well, never played FFXIV cause i dont have it, so i must say, that after playing FF Anthology, FFVI, FFVII, FFVIII, FFIX and X, plus FF Tactics, still the moment of the light tunnel, seeing Sephirot, the music, Cloud using his last Limit ability, Final Fantasy VII is still my most epic game and moment of that final fight between Cloud and his arch nemesys :) Sephirot rulezzz man :D
  • Cerelia710Cerelia710 Member Posts: 1
    I've never played any games in the Final Fantasy series and I feel like I need to remedy that.  I have many friends that play the game and highly recommend it.  These friends and I are in a guild together in Guild Wars 2 and while I've never played a game in the FF series my favorite moment with these people was when I was taking a leave of absence from the game and several members contacted me to check on me and make sure that I was ok.  This guild is more like a family in that we make sure everyone is doing ok and we help each other in any way that we can.  It's like having an extra family to lean on when things get tough and you need someone isn't isn't personally close to the situation you are dealing with to listen and offer some advice.  I play with these people in Guild Wars 2 and will be playing with them in ESO when it comes out and look forward to playing with them in FFIV if I win.  Thank you for this great offer and good luck to everyone!  :)
  • portusmagnusportusmagnus Member UncommonPosts: 15
    My favorite moment was finishing final fantasy VII for the first time
  • BastillianBastillian Member Posts: 3
    My favorite part of playing FF14 so far has been when my friends and I, as a group, conquer anything that takes time and dedication. Such a great feeling! 
  • SpartigusjSpartigusj Member UncommonPosts: 2
    i loved the game just couldn't find a good company to join that was active :(
  • VikingGamerVikingGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,350
    Getting my first combat class to 50, White Mage and then running to go get my Robe. I was pretty excited.

All die, so die well.

• darkescdarkesc Member Posts: 3
    My favorite experience in FF14 is getting to new locations and see the great landscape and structures that the team has built. Truly some beautiful vistas 
  • MolekingMoleking Member Posts: 2

Spending HOURS in the groups on the steppes leveling my Paladin in FFXI. I loved tanking, still do. It's what keeps me coming back to MMORPGs in general.

The ability to rush in shield drawn yelling at my monitor some epic "Victory or Death" speeches (to myself I might add) while I grab the next mob to add to the annals of my heroic saga is a feeling I'll keep chasing forever.

Thank your good tanks people, Know they will appreciate it and probably charge in first without any armor if need be, because there's something a little loose in our heads.

• BryanSBryanS Member UncommonPosts: 36

I've played and beaten just about every Final Fantasy that there is. It's long been my favorite series. However, my fave FF moment didn't occur in game at all. You see, I have, for a very long time, kept the FF Victory Fanfare as my phone's ringtone. Across several different phones, this has been the case. In fact, my current ringtone is the fanfare from FFXIV.

Anyway, at one point several years back, I happened to be in the mall, eating bad food court food, when nature called. So i wandered over into the bathroom, shut the stall door, and sat down to do my business. A few minutes later I was finished and just as I was about to flush, my friend, who was waiting for me out in the mall, called to see where I was. now, normally, I mute my phone when I go into the bathroom, but this time I had forgotten and so this tremendously crowded bathroom, in the middle of the mall food court, heard: *flush* "Da da da da, da da, dum de daaa ..."

Yes, it's true, on that day, I defeated the toilet boss apparently. And, judging by the snickers as I came out of the stall, most people there quite enjoyed the moment. I'm still wondering what skill points I got from that victory ...

• SoulsemmerSoulsemmer Member UncommonPosts: 28
    My favorite had to be all the error codes people kept getting at launch. No, just kidding! Actually, my favorite moment was that one when I convinced my friends to try the game; I was like this catalyst that got a dozen other people to try FFXIVARR and in a domino effect, they all caved and got it. It felt like it had been forever since an MMO had been able to do that, and bring all my friends together.
  • DezgardDezgard Member UncommonPosts: 43
    Sephiroth's awesomeness, simple
  • romanarturromanartur Member UncommonPosts: 1
    Kweh!
This discussion has been closed.