Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn: Signed Collector's Edition and NVIDIA GTX 650 Giveaway!

MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

In celebration of the recently launched FFXIV NVIDIA bundle, MMORPG.com has partnered with Square Enix and NVIDIA to give away two copies of the Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Collector's Edition (physical, Windows PC) signed by Naoki Yoshida and two eVGA NVIDIA GTX 650 graphics cards.

Yeah, that is some serious swag! We're going to make entering this giveaway incredibly simple, too. All you need to do is tell us about your best or most unique experience in Final Fantasy XIV in the comments below. Alternatively, if you've never played FFXIV, tell us about your favorite experience with the Final Fantasy series of games.

We'll be accepting entries between now and Friday, February14 at 5PM ET. We'll select our top two favorite entries and announce our winners later that evening.

Two Winners Will Receive:

• 1x FFXIV: A Realm Reborn Collector's Edition signed by Naoki Yoshida

• 1x eVGA NVIDIA GTX 650 graphics card

Please only submit one entry in the comments below. Users found to have submitted multiple entries will be disqualified from the contest.

Comments

• RobinffsRobinffs Member UncommonPosts: 18
    My favorite moment ever was when I fired up Final Fantasy VII again couple of weeks ago. :)
  • snoockysnoocky Member UncommonPosts: 724
    When i first opened the game and saw the graphics...nice!

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allan Poe

• SIRKRASIRKRA Member UncommonPosts: 66
    Loved the concept of the world, the amazing graphics, and most of all LALAFELLS!
  • shawnrshawnr Member UncommonPosts: 15
    Aeirth’s death still feels so jarring watching it now as it did way back when Final Fantasy VII was first released.  It was honestly one of the first times a game shocked me into silence. Seeing a character who’d grown and had been so significant in the plot being so mercilessly slain was such a massive shock that it still, to this day, is heralded as not only one of the greatest Final Fantasy moments of all time, but also as one of the best gaming scenes of all time.
  • MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,360
    Final Fantasy has always been the de facto JRPG experience by which all others are to be compared to. It shall always be.
  • apocalipse1apocalipse1 Member UncommonPosts: 2
    Win against  Ruby weapon  FFVII
  • SmoeySmoey Member UncommonPosts: 599
    Fighting against the Titan for the first time in XIV was amazing. You did not know how to react with him and you had to work as a team, which we all did, to complete that stage of our journey. I loved it. 

(\ /) ?
    ( . .)
    c('')('')

• TruongSonTruongSon Member CommonPosts: 2
    crafting !! lvling up without killing is fun
  • pupurunpupurun Member UncommonPosts: 561

FF VII :

I ve never felt happier in a game than when i was in the Highwind roaming the skies of Gaia and choosing in which area would i re-live the adventures of Cloud and his pack. I knew that the game would end when i 'd confront Sephiroth within the crater so i stalled this for 3 months...I was just re-visiting all areas, raising chocobos, racing with them and of course gambled at the Golden Saucer ! !!!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    When I managed to down Titan Hard Mode while tanking as warrior before they where buffed.

• fraptorfraptor Member Posts: 2
    What I love about the Final Fantasy games is the way all the games can pull you in the story. It doesn't matter what game you play, the story is always the strongest part of any Final Fantasy game. Next to that the way they made the combat similar in all games, but still add unique features. My first experience wit Final Fantasy was with 8. Now in  retrospect, I wish I had a photo of my own face the first time I summoned Shiva. That was a great moment. 
  • SlukjanSlukjan Member UncommonPosts: 265
    Playing the original Final Fantasy on  the original nintendo.  I must a been about 12 years old and I had already been in to D&D and RPG's.  RPGs on the nintendo were a new experience and I had played a couple but FF blew them out of the water.  When we got the game for christmas it was officially a game my parents bought for my brother Greg.  So he got the first turn to play it.  We set the nintendo up in the basement so we could be as undisturbed as possible.  What happened next was an epic gaming session that left us awed.  We took the game out of the packaging and put it into the nintendo; My brother then proceeded to play for 13 straight hours taking breaks only for bathroom breaks.  Watching him play...I knew I would be hooked and could not wait to give it a go.  That game broke the mold for me and started the RPG video game addiction that would last a lifetime.  I'm currently 37 years old and still play RPGs/MMORPGs. Thank you Final Fantasy.
  • epoqepoq Member UncommonPosts: 394
    Can't say I have an overall all time favorite moment from XIV, but my favorite (and hardest IMO) FF battle was Omega from FFV. 
  • jacker1991jacker1991 Member UncommonPosts: 191

When our FC bought our House!!!! Enjoy!!!

• KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090

Cat Girls ~ its all about the Miqo'te!

Mithra were my favorite race in FFXI too!

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

BAH !!

I love this game,i am playing it but i DON'T like the contest idea to be a winner.

Good luck to whomever wins,i won't get into this type of contest,never have in the past when i see other sites doing the same thing.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• WarriorrWarriorr Member UncommonPosts: 9

Hard to say the best moments in FF saga, but in FFXIV I would probably go with Normal Mode Titan fight. Sure looking back it's easy fight, but it was first fight in FFXIV that required to pay a little bit attention and hope you don't get owned by lag.

Also as it was 4 man fight and losing 1 member meant it was kinda lost fight.

• liffiliffi Member UncommonPosts: 10
    Have to say that I had the coolest moment when I first time saw ifrit. The scale of him was something so unexpected, but I think my best time was when I always played the Monk story guests. They are so good.
  • TygranirTygranir Member Posts: 741

It was January of 1997. I had just turned 12 and got a Playstation for my birthday. I only had the demo disc it came with, so I started saving up for a game. I had recently been seeing commercials for a really cool looking game that would be releasing soon, so I decided on that as a good place to start.

January 31st came, and there I was, in line at the local MediaPlay. I handed the cashier my $60 (Games were only $50 +tax back then) and left with a brand new copy of the newly released Final Fantasy 7. I had to take the bus to and from the mall, so on the long trek home, I began to read the case. I immediately noticed the misalignment of the letter "i" in the word Masterpiece, but somehow it added to the appeal. Looking and the pictures on the back, I had no idea what grand adventure awaited me.

Upon getting home, I raced to the room in which the Playstation console resided and started up the game. After the vague but exciting opening sequence, I hopped off of a train and began the fight to save the world. Every major battle of this epic game stands out in clear detail in my memories. Especially that first fight with Reno atop the pillar in Sector 7, as it took me 2 weeks to get past that point (It was another 2 weeks before I could afford a memory card).

Ever since that amazing January day, I still get the same sense of excitment when I join Cloud and his friends on some desparate fight to save the world. From smashing the Proud Clod to crawling to a victory over Emerald Weapon, I have never had a more fun and fufilling experience with a game. Friends have told me they have had similar experiences in FFXIV, and they are able to share it together. I can only hope I can add my accolades to theirs.

SWTOR Referral Bonus!
    Referral link
    7 day subscriber level access
    Returning players get 1 free server transfer

Leveling assistance items given to new player!

See all perks Here

• TybostTybost Member UncommonPosts: 629

The crafting is pretty good in this game, and the combat and storyline is great as well. Those two make me very happy inside, and brings out my 'inner' child deep down inside to life.

L:

• GhramGhram Member Posts: 1
    My favorite moment was when I realized that A realm reborn was everything Final Fantasy should be. It just has that feel. Like older FF games used to have. :)
  • sundownsundown Member UncommonPosts: 5
    The one that stands out the most for me was from the very first Final Fantasy on the NES. For it's time everything about the game amazing. I remember finding Erdrick's  grave in the graveyard and that gave me a good laugh. I also remembering using the instruction booklet as a "guide" and when I thought I was close to beating the game and got to the end of the book it hit me like a ton of bricks. I was only halfway done. Once I finished the game I was kind of sad because the name of the game was Final Fantasy so I knew there would be no more like it...
  • crysentcrysent Member UncommonPosts: 841

I played through FF14, but to be honest, the greatest memories I have of the Final Fantasy series is Final Fantasy 7.  I was in 7th grade when it came out, and had never played a game like that before.

I spent hours with my best friend playing through that game, trying to get my golden chocobo.

• JimmydeanJimmydean Member UncommonPosts: 1,290
    My favorite moment in FFXIV was when I finally defeated the Ogre / Eye boss event for the Paladin AF Chest Piece. Honestly I enjoyed the previous version of XIV more than ARR, but alas, still the best option on the market atm!
This discussion has been closed.