Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CCP All Powerful

Quazal.AQuazal.A Member UncommonPosts: 859

Now im not saying that CCP are important, but when country allows you erect a monument in honor of your games players you must have some pull lol

http://eve.com/monument

Now dont take this as gospel, But i did read somewhere that Icelands largest income / company was actually CCP - I cannot find it, but remember hearing/reading something, but this is cool dont care who you are :) lol

This post is all my opinion, but I welcome debate on anything i have put, however, personal slander / name calling belongs in game where of course you're welcome to call me names im often found lounging about in EvE online.
Use this code for 21days trial in eve online https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?invc=d385aff2-794a-44a4-96f1-3967ccf6d720&action=buddy

Comments

• PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072

No, CCP isn't all powerful...

I toured Iceland summer after my Junior year in college as part of the GeoSci department at the University of Chicago; Iceland is something of a super-hotspot of geological activity.  I got to follow the work of Jan Hospers, who as I understand it did much pioneering work in the field of magnetic stratigraphy, riding around old paleo-basaltic lava flows with a motorcycle, magnetometer, and stereonet  graph paper.

Reykjavik and Iceland as a whole holds a lot of stark beauty, and it's easy to see how at least some of this environmental essence may have found its way into Eve.  Some of the weaponry looks a bit like the northern lights I've seen cover the sky up there.  I wouldn't be surprised if Eve was Iceland's biggest export, having spent a month and circuiting the entire country.

I admire the game, but that doesn't mean it's something I would play.  It sounds like a contradiction, but I'm the type that would lose myself in Eve.  The closest I've come is watching player-made videos on Youtube, and reading articles in Forbes magazine.

/2c

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297
    Iceland's GNP is about 13 billion dollars per year. CCP has a turnover of rather less than 100 million dollars per year. CCP is therefore roughly 0.5% of Iceland's GNP - a useful source of foreign exhange income, but I think it's pretty safe to say that there are much larger Icelandic companies.

Give me liberty or give me lasers