Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SWTOR -- Liking it

UproarUproar Member UncommonPosts: 521

Just thought I'd share...for those that might not have thought about SWTOR in a while -- give it a go!

I am a newly returned player - played beta and about month and a half after release.   I've been on again now for about 3 weeks.  Having a lot of fun.  Do not recall what drove me away (lag if I recall), but I am finding it all pretty good now.  No lag on my current machine which is nothing stellar, but a newer model then when it was released.

Game is fun.  Immersion is there.  PVP is fun.  Guilds are active and friendly -- people are helpful.  Marketplace prices are extraordinarily high (my one complaint -- can't afford much that is listed), but other than that the game seems like a good value.  I subscribed so have not found a lot of reason to visit the cash shop.

Comments

• skyline385skyline385 Member Posts: 564
    Marketprices are high because credits are ridiculously easy to earn. I have never had any issues with the market prices honestly.

• heider89heider89 Member UncommonPosts: 159
    welcome back :)
  • SuperNickSuperNick Member UncommonPosts: 460

Lack of content updates turned me away originally.

I played for a bit recently, even subbed for a few months.

It's a solid MMO if you're really looking for something to play, and you can generally enjoy F2P (as in you don't have to pay anything) if you don't want to. The annoyances of F2P come more when you're at the level cap and your PvP/Dungeons are restricted unless you spend $. Which is cool because if you're investing that much time then you're kinda inspired to pay, instead of forced to.

If there was nothing on the horizon (ESO, WildStar) I'd probably consider this full time.

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063
    Welcome back. You'll be able to afford those market items eventually as credits are easy to get if you are doing your dailies.The most expensive items on the market are the cash shop items. Frankly I haven't bought anything from the cash shop as none of the items interest me. I use my monthly allotment of points for legacy perks on my characters so I can save credits. Glad you're having fun :)

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• xpsyncxpsync Member EpicPosts: 1,854
    Yeah i can't believe i'm plying again and really enjoying it, i've even subbed back up.
    My faith is my shield! - Turalyon 2022

Your legend ends here and now! - (Battles Won Long Ago)

Currently Playing; Dragonflight and SWG:L
  • SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360
    Originally posted by Husvik
    Yeah i can't believe i'm plying again and really enjoying it, i've even subbed back up.

Same thing, I even got the deluxe edition :D

If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation
  • Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Problem with this game was the negativism, that is around all new releases, it works like flue..

I was around at WoW release, and believe me, it was so rough for the first few months that it would make people turn away from the game these days too..

I play this game for its stories... i play a single character to max.... then move on to another game for a few months and then return for another great Star Wars story...  and on the side, i like both the PvP as the Dungeons...

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• TibernicuspaTibernicuspa Member UncommonPosts: 1,199
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

Problem with this game was the negativism, that is around all new releases, it works like flue..

THe problem with the game is that its a singleplayer game and once you finish it, people leave. Hence why everyone left.

• IG-88IG-88 Member UncommonPosts: 143

Im also a returning player, but am very conflicted...

The community is not the best, there are lots of arrogant and rude kids that doesnt seems to have a proper upbringing.

At endgame, there isnt much to do, its all just a gear-grind in ops.

Ill stay subbed for about  two weeks more and then unsub in wait for the new class missions, when ever that is.

The graphics design is really nice once you get used to it.

• skyline385skyline385 Member Posts: 564
    Originally posted by IG-88

Im also a returning player, but am very conflicted...

The community is not the best, there are lots of arrogant and rude kids that doesnt seems to have a proper upbringing.

At endgame, there isnt much to do, its all just a gear-grind in ops.

Ill stay subbed for about  two weeks more and then unsub in wait for the new class missions, when ever that is.

The graphics design is really nice once you get used to it.

SWTOR endgame is about the grind no doubt in that. To add to that, any game you take will have elitist assholes at the endgame. You should try leveling alts to enjoy the stories if you don't enjoy gear grinds. That's what i do. The leveling community is also much better, especially when you join some leveling guilds and not the endgame guilds.

• ChieftanChieftan Member UncommonPosts: 1,188

I keep finding new classes that are fun to play. 

Early on I couldn't stand the pubs but now I'm leveling a gunslinger and the gameplay feels great.  I played a sniper to 55 and it's fun but when you're pinned down in a Novare Coast bunker with the Wound Shots talent and both guns blazing...awesome.

My youtube MMO gaming channel

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829

Welcome back!

Yeah, they fixed a lot of issues since launch and optimized the game a lot.

And you also get the fancy GSF now. image

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/