Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does the Pantheon Kickstarter have a chance?

Comments

• NiurNiur Member UncommonPosts: 47

No Brad...no it's not!

• GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,470

ROFL...they're now charging money for forum access.  Maybe thats Brad's new strategy for raising money once this dog of a Kickstarter gets put down.image

"Supporter ($5.00 monthly)
     As a supporter, you will have access to the all player areas as well as supporter forums, participation in the game Q&A system, the lore forums, and community events with Visionary Realms, Inc. staff, designers, and developers.

Champion ($14.95 monthly)
     As a Champion, you will have access to supporter areas, plus private champion areas, and be able to join and listen/watch monthly progress meetings. Champions will appear in book of lore and receive the collectors edition of the game of release."

imageimageimageimage

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• MaquiameMaquiame Member UncommonPosts: 1,073
    Originally posted by Ginaz

ROFL...they're now charging money for forum access.  Maybe thats Brad's new strategy for raising money once this dog of a Kickstarter gets put down.image

As a supporter, you will have access to the all player areas as well as supporter forums, participation in the game Q&A system, the lore forums, and community events with Visionary Realms, Inc. staff, designers, and developers.

As a Champion, you will have access to supporter areas, plus private champion areas, and be able to join and listen/watch monthly progress meetings. Champions will appear in book of lore and receive the collectors edition of the game of release."

imageimageimageimage

Speak what you know, the backers asked for that system to support the game after the KS was over the system was not devised by Brad and co. Many of us asked to give monthly contributions to the project, so they created that system for those of us who wanted to do that while not having to deal with jerks just entering the forums just to badmouth the team and the game.

"When you assume...."

Any mmo worth its salt should be like a good prostitute when it comes to its game world- One hell of a faker, and a damn good shaker!

Originally posted by Maquiame

imageimageimageimage

Speak what you know, the backers asked for that system to support the game after the KS was over the system was not devised by Brad and co. Many of us asked to give monthly contributions to the project, so they created that system for those of us who wanted to do that while not having to deal with jerks just entering the forums just to badmouth the team and the game.

"When you assume...."

OMG...that's...so much worse.  A self built, vacuum sealed echo chamber.  One where you pay to sit in a giant circle jerk of fawning admiration of all things Brad McQuaid.image 

I'm out.  Call me when this rocket ship of lost reason comes back down to Earth, hopefully in a big giant ball of flames that consumes all aboard.

• AIMonsterAIMonster Member UncommonPosts: 2,059

imageimageimageimage

Where did you find this information out?  I'm having serious doubts about all the money I put into this Kickstarter now and time I spent promoting it.  This is just absurd... Monthly fee for forum access?  I feel like they've given about up on Kickstarter entirely the last few days and are looking for focused entirely on post Kickstarter funding (developer comments in Kickstarter about how they are setting up Post Kickstarter funding isn't helping) now and I'm very upset about it.  I might have to back out of my pledge.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

the backers asked for that system to support the game after the KS was over the system was not devised by Brad and co. Many of us asked to give monthly contributions to the project, so they created that system for those of us who wanted to do that while not having to deal with jerks just entering the forums just to badmouth the team and the game.

fair enough

i doubt Brad will raise the funds on his first try but its easy enough to have another kickstarter in a few months

i've seen a few ks that failed to raise funds on the 1st try but got funded on the 2nd try

• freegamesfreegames Member UncommonPosts: 240
    Approximately 70% of kickstarters in games with between 100k-1m recieve enough funding to make their game. Yet overall in games around 50% meet their funding goals and a lower number still 30% manage to break even in their funding costs for their game.

One would not count the chickens before you get the eggs.

The numbers matter more than any feelings one has about the game and they already stated what they would or would not do with the funding.

Overall at maximum I would estimate the end funding amount at around 500k.

Also look closely at the pledge numbers as higher tiers, the problem with fund has more to do with the limited pledges. Around 50k pledges are over 600, 100k between 250-500, and the rest are below. I'm not saying there is no chance to make the 800k but it simply unrealistically high since it is typically the same backers for games that have already put in their funding.

Go to kickstarter stats and look at the odds, it isnt happening
  • Marcus-Marcus- Member UncommonPosts: 1,010

imageimageimageimage

"When you assume...."

I'm curious, what if the game does fund, but you consider your funds enough of a donation and don't want to pay more monthly, are you now on the outside of these forums even though you have contributed say $250 for example?

Does someone need to pay these prices for the next 3-4 years monthly to keep access to what it seems is the backers forums?

I find this all pretty strange, mainly for the folks who have contributed, but don't really feel like paying more.

Please correct me if I am wrong. I "assume" I am.   image

• WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464

imageimageimageimage

Do you have a link to this? I must've missed this update.

--------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by Marcus-

imageimageimageimage

"When you assume...."

I'm curious, what if the game does fund, but you consider your funds enough of a donation and don't want to pay more monthly, are you now on the outside of these forums even though you have contributed say $250 for example?

Does someone need to pay these prices for the next 3-4 years monthly to keep access to what it seems is the backers forums?

I find this all pretty strange, mainly for the folks who have contributed, but don't really feel like paying more.

Not everyone will have to pay for access, access is guaranteed in the pledge tiers. Paying the monthly costs is a choice. If you paid for a tier that has forum access you are going to get it period. Forum access starts at the 20 dollar tier.

$20 or more

109 backers Limited (4891 left of 5000)

Seeker's Pledge - Beta invite, Early name reservation, Access to the game forums to keep up with the latest development progress and to give us your input!

Estimated delivery: 

So yes you are wrong. Do humans not read anymore?

Any mmo worth its salt should be like a good prostitute when it comes to its game world- One hell of a faker, and a damn good shaker!

• JacxolopeJacxolope Member UncommonPosts: 1,140

imageimageimageimage

"When you assume...."

Not everyone will have to pay for access, access is guaranteed in the pledge tiers. Paying the monthly costs is a choice. If you paid for a tier that has forum access you are going to get it period. Forum access starts at the 20 dollar tier.

$20 or more

Seeker's Pledge - Beta invite, Early name reservation, Access to the game forums to keep up with the latest development progress and to give us your input!

Estimated delivery: 

..Dude, you are becoming a bit TOO emotionally attached to this project.

This looks and smells quite scammy at this point. I was with you in the beginning and actually stated multiple times that although I think many/most KS MMOs are scams- THIS one was different. Over time this is looking just as scammy (if not more) than the others- This being a prime example.

You know, you can like the idea, support the company and viral market for them since you obviously are a very avid supporter... But you can still have your eyes open, call a spade a spade and say something sounds shady when it clearly does.

It doesnt have to be 100% support or 100%  negative. It does have to be honest however.

• darker70darker70 Member UncommonPosts: 804
    Can't see it happening sadly just hope he comes back when he has something tangible to show off but by then he may have private funding,always thought 800k was way to high as he only really has a concept and the timing with ESO/Wildstar lurking in the wings has not helped to persuade the public either.
    p>

imageimageimageimage

"When you assume...."

$20 or more

Estimated delivery: 

My interest in the game is pretty much as an outsider looking in, to see how it comes along, who knows what the future holds as far as my participation of the game and/or supporting it financially.  I have in the past wished it well, and I really hope it funds.

I didn't realize asking questions were such a problem, and i'll refrain from any further, or at least if I do, i'll certainly not be quoting you directly in asking

I hope other members of the Pantheon community are a bit more helpful, or at least lack the amount of venom you seem to be posses.

er, have a good day.

• WereLlamaWereLlama Member UncommonPosts: 246

I predict they will release more gameplay footage (currently being crafted) for the sole purpose of the pushing us over the edge.

The marketing might be like this:

Really cool

Interesting

less interesting

Boring

Really Boring. No way this will work

Still boring.

Amazing.  It could work, I'm buying!

[Quest Complete]

-WL

• JacxolopeJacxolope Member UncommonPosts: 1,140

imageimageimageimage

"When you assume...."

$20 or more

Estimated delivery: 

My interest in the game is pretty much as an outsider looking in, to see how it comes along, who knows what the future holds as far as my participation of the game and/or supporting it financially.  I have in the past wished it well, and I really hope it funds.

I didn't realize asking questions were such a problem, and i'll refrain from any further, or at least if I do, i'll certainly not be quoting you directly in asking

I hope other members of the Pantheon community are a bit more helpful, or at least lack the amount of venom you seem to be posses.

er, have a good day.

Eh, he's a good guy.

He has been probably the biggest supporter of this project and has had to deal with many trolls and very negative people (for negativity sake ).

Probably just having a rough day. We all do...

I would say that generally he is the guy to ask about anything regarding this project- I am sure he took the whiole thing wrong.

Whenever you invest in something or contribute to something you do the research. The pledge tiers are very explanatory. It has nothing to do with venom, it has everything to do with people asking the same questions over and over again. Especially when the information is right there on the pages. 

I am not trying to be a jerk, Before I pledged I -read- everything, I researched and I had half the information that is there right now. And when information was lacking I asked the devs to put up information that was needed and most of the time they did. This has nothing to do with being a jerk. I'm quite direct and am just as direct with the team as I am with anyone here. Should I be perhaps a little nicer in delivery? Perhaps, but like anyone else i am a contributor to the project as a whole, not representative of the team itself.   Either you want to contribute or you don't. Either you will read the information there or ask questions. All Kickstarters have pledge tiers, all of them. When you are interested you read them, period. This is nothing personal its just common sense.  Nobody should put money into anything without some sort of research plain and simple and words even from me should not be enough to warrant a purchase. Do your research, take the time to read things. If you want to be involved be involved. 

But don't make an excuse of not  being involved because that guy over there was "mean to me", especially when you come off and  ask sarcastic questions (or reply to things not even directed at you) first.

That's just an excuse to be honest. I'd rather not even post instead of making an excuse.  If something does not interest me I am not going to bother with it. If something does interest me my interest is not going to be paper thin and so easily waved because of some so called mean random person on a forum. What does that ONE guy have to do with getting a good game made? Especially one that he industry needs to see?

Absolutely nothing. Being a fair weather friend benefits no one, because that person will cut an run as soon as a hint of something bad may happen. Especially if they are not even willing to do their own research for something that they are  contributing their hard earned money to.

I know this game needs to be made. I may not like all the contributors but I don't have to play with them either. For me its about the big picture, that's it. Mmorpgs right now imo suck, I'd like them to be better. I know this team, know what to expect and have found a tier that I like. Dealing with the team directly has been very good. So they got my money and I am going to stick it out with them. That's it really. If I had any doubts I would not  put the money down. That's all it is. Other people have nothing to do with why this game 'needs" to be made.

I'm certainly not going to pull my pledge just because me and another contributor don't see eye to eye. And not have this game made and see more WoW clones? Or another piece of overhyped trite like TESO?  No thanks, I have far too many young friends who have never played a game like this before that need to play something like this and I plan on showing them -why- us old farts harp on about these styles of mmorpgs.. I won't cut off my nose to spite my face, I love this genre far to much to not have a possible game changing game made over nonsense, and I want to play more good games not forums.

Whenever you invest in something or contribute to something you do the research. The pledge tiers are very explanatory. It has nothing to do with venom, it has everything to do with people asking the same questions over and over again. Especially when the information is right there on the pages. 

I ran across a statement on these pages I hadn't seen before. I am not visiting the Pantheon KS page all that much, nor have I contributed to it at this point. Once again, apologies on asking a question, and i'll be sure not to direct any toward you.

I am not trying to be a jerk, Before I pledged I -read- everything, I researched and I had half the information that is there right now. And when information was lacking I asked the devs to put up information that was needed and most of the time they did. This has nothing to do with being a jerk. I'm quite direct and am just as direct with the team as I am with anyone here. Should I be perhaps a little nicer in delivery? Perhaps, but like anyone else i am a contributor to the project as a whole, not representative of the team itself.   Either you want to contribute or you don't. Either you will read the information there or ask questions. All Kickstarters have pledge tiers, all of them. When you are interested you read them, period. This is nothing personal its just common sense.  Nobody should put money into anything without some sort of research plain and simple and words even from me should not be enough to warrant a purchase. Do your research, take the time to read things. If you want to be involved be involved. 

But don't make an excuse of not  being involved because that guy over there was "mean to me", especially when you come off and  ask sarcastic questions (or reply to things not even directed at you) first.

That's just an excuse to be honest. I'd rather not even post instead of making an excuse.  If something does not interest me I am not going to bother with it. If something does interest me my interest is not going to be paper thin and so easily waved because of some so called mean random person on a forum. What does that ONE guy have to do with getting a good game made? Especially one that he industry needs to see?

Honestly, and I can't overstate this enough, your poor attitude toward people who aren't (at the moment) fully on board with Pantheon will have no bearing on whether I fund, follow, back, or ignore this game, seriously, don't flatter yourself. 

Absolutely nothing. Being a fair weather friend benefits no one, because that person will cut an run as soon as a hint of something bad may happen. Especially if they are not even willing to do their own research for something that they are  contributing their hard earned money to.

I know this game needs to be made. I may not like all the contributors but I don't have to play with them either. For me its about the big picture, that's it. Mmorpgs right now imo suck, I'd like them to be better. I know this team, know what to expect and have found a tier that I like. Dealing with the team directly has been very good. So they got my money and I am going to stick it out with them. That's it really. If I had any doubts I would not  put the money down. That's all it is. Other people have nothing to do with why this game 'needs" to be made.

I'm certainly not going to pull my pledge just because me and another contributor don't see eye to eye. And not have this game made and see more WoW clones? Or another piece of overhyped trite like TESO?  No thanks, I have far too many young friends who have never played a game like this before that need to play something like this and I plan on showing them -why- us old farts harp on about these styles of mmorpgs.. I won't cut off my nose to spite my face, I love this genre far to much to not have a possible game changing game made over nonsense, and I want to play more good games not forums.

What this has to do with my last two post, or if its even directed toward me, I don't know, but I hate derailing threads, so...

good luck.

Where is this information coming from?  Nobody has stated where they are getting this.  I don't see it anywhere in the Kickstarter including in the comments from anybody, yet it's posted here like fact?  For now I'm going to assume it's not true, but it would be nice for someone to state their source.

I realize I'm getting for backing at a $20+ tier, but I'm not getting "Champion's" access which is most likely the problem.  I feel like they've given up entirely on the Kickstarter and are using it as a standard promotion tool while they focus on post Kickstarter funding at this point.  It really feels like the devs have given up already, which doesn't bode well for the future.  They still don't understand at this late in the Kickstarter that we need concrete info and are holding back info and prototypes from us.  Gating forum access in this way just makes me want to back out now, in case it does get funded I don't want to feel second class when I threw a lot of money in and am not willing to constantly spend more.

I'd be okay with a monthly post Kickstarter funding if it was more than forums.  Getting an in game item each month we've backed for example similar to what we see on add-on tiers, but paying $5 a month for limited forum access and $15 a month for forum access and the ability to listen in on a meeting once a month is not worth it.  That's not what I asked for, I really don't think that's what ANYONE asked for.

Ok, I said I was out but..

"Brad McQuaid ‏@Aradune 2h
    If anyone knows an angel investor or other type of investor who might be interested in investing in VR, please let me know."

Someone find a fork, because this Kickstarter is done.

He should change his handle from Aradune to AraDone.

I'm here all week, folks.  Try the veal.

• will75will75 Member UncommonPosts: 365

In case you're wondering what these companies do with the money. Check out camelot unchained's progress   http://www.twitch.tv/citystategames

this is coding + client and ingame bots stream straight from the devs

• JayFiveAliveJayFiveAlive Member UncommonPosts: 601

I am so confused on the whole forum subscription paying thing... you can pay a one time fee of $20 to get access to the forums, or pay 5 or 15 dollars a month for similar thing? I've never heard of a company charging for monthly access to a forum for a game that is over 3 years left under development.

It's clear they gave up on the KS about a week ago. Hopefully some gutsy investors put their money into this game and we see it made still. This KS is really a great example of truly how terrible they are at planning. Can't say that it makes me feel good about their game idea.

If they make it, I will buy it. Even if it's just to try it for a month. Playing EQ from day one of release for 3.5 years, it's the least I can do.

Originally posted by JayFiveAlive

I am so confused on the whole forum subscription paying thing... you can pay a one time fee of $20 to get access to the forums, or pay 5 or 15 dollars a month for similar thing? I've never heard of a company charging for monthly access to a forum for a game that is over 3 years left under development.

It's clear they gave up on the KS about a week ago. Hopefully some gutsy investors put their money into this game and we see it made still. This KS is really a great example of truly how terrible they are at planning. Can't say that it makes me feel good about their game idea.

If they make it, I will buy it. Even if it's just to try it for a month. Playing EQ from day one of release for 3.5 years, it's the least I can do.

$20 for forum access isn't happening because they are half assing the Kickstarter as it approaches the final days.  By their own accounts they are focusing on setting up post Kickstarter funding.... during the most important days of their Kickstarter.  I still see no confirmation of this forum access thing, but if they do it I'm not giving them a penny because paying monthly for forum access is just absurd and no developer should have considered it.  I'll invest if it's not true, I'll even pay monthly if I am going to get similar amounts of items I would have gotten for backing over time as I would paying it immediately via Kickstarter.

• JacobinJacobin Member RarePosts: 1,009

This is hilarious, the guy has an active kickstarter running and has now resorted to twitter to find "an angel investor or other type of investor".

Is this really happening?

This whole KS is so amateur and poorly managed that it really shows how desperate some people are to capture past nostalgia.

It really is a worst case example of a guy who was relevant 10 years ago trying to exploit fans with lofty promises and very little tangible work.

• CaldicotCaldicot Member UncommonPosts: 455
    Duh of course it does. It will fund :)

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe. - Carl Sagan

• KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    Wow, the trolls are out in force.  Cool stories bros.