Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Frontline ETA

time007time007 Member UncommonPosts: 1,062

Does any know if there is an ETA on Frontlines?  If there is no ETA, please let me know too.

I've been looking on the internet for this info, but I thought someone here might have some tidbit i couldnt find. 

I bought the game and played for 1 month until I realized frontline wouldn't be coming out in the near future.  But I wanted to see did anything change in terms of frontline coming out?  (i know small pvp came out, but I was looking for large scale pvp like the 30+ stuff they briefly mentioned before release.)

IMPORTANT:  Please keep all replies to my posts about GAMING.  Please no negative or backhanded comments directed at me personally.  If you are going to post a reply that includes how you feel about me, please don't bother replying & just ignore my post instead.  I'm on this forum to talk about GAMING.  Thank you.

Comments

• vzerovvzerov Member Posts: 125
    No eta.  Since the game is losing its players and those who are still playing are most the ones dont care about pvp so i doubt it will be implented in like 1 or even 2 years.
  • HyanmenHyanmen Member UncommonPosts: 5,357

I think this may have been said pre-release but back then the point was to release PvP battlegrounds in 2.1 and Frontlines around half a year later, so... 2.3?

But yeah, let's not forget about dat doom&gloom twist. Although everything promised has come in time so far and Frontlines are far along in development, now that the playerbase has shrunk by AT LEAST 86% Frontlines may never become a reality.

Using LOL is like saying "my argument sucks but I still want to disagree".
  • NetSageNetSage Member UncommonPosts: 1,059
    Where you getting this 86%?  While no game as big as it was launch month I don't think they've lost 86%.
  • ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392

Frontline is the only think keeping me paying attention to this game.

They are not getting my money till they impress me with that expansion.

• lafaiellafaiel Member UncommonPosts: 93
    Originally posted by NetSage
    Where you getting this 86%?  While no game as big as it was launch month I don't think they've lost 86%.

He got it from his doom and gloom meter that he got from the post above his, if you see what I'm saying.

• Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960
    Originally posted by simsalabim77
    Originally posted by lafaiel

He got it from his doom and gloom meter that he got from the post above his, if you see what I'm saying.

Hyanmen's doom&gloom meter is severely broken. His goes off before he reads a single post. And then he baits the doom&gloom posts by mentioning doom&gloom when nobody was being negative at all. Strange creature. 

A: Check the second post. Pretty damn negative to me.

B: Even if there were no negativity present yet, anyone who's been a forum member here for more than a week knows the doomsayers & bittervets will be along shortly to denigrate the game and its player base. Can you really blame him for preempting it?

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• reeereeereeereee Member UncommonPosts: 1,636
    Just last night I was having some customer support issues with SWTOR and reminiscing about how I would resub FFXIV if only their combat wasn't terrible.
    Originally posted by Solar_Prophet
    Originally posted by simsalabim77
    Originally posted by lafaiel

Hyanmen's doom&gloom meter is severely broken. His goes off before he reads a single post. And then he baits the doom&gloom posts by mentioning doom&gloom when nobody was being negative at all. Strange creature. 

A: Check the second post. Pretty damn negative to me.

B: Even if there were no negativity present yet, anyone who's been a forum member here for more than a week knows the doomsayers & bittervets will be along shortly to denigrate the game and its player base. Can you really blame him for preempting it?

Better for them to focus their attention on me for ruining their party than the game, I suppose.

Once you piss on their cheerios' enough, they really start getting personal though.

Best regards,

Strange creature

Originally posted by reeereee
    Just last night I was having some customer support issues with SWTOR and reminiscing about how I would resub FFXIV if only their combat wasn't the worst thing I have EVER witnessed in my entire MMO career BAR NONE.

Please let me help you get the point across better.

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654
    Originally posted by vzerov
    No eta.  Since the game is losing its players and those who are still playing are most the ones dont care about pvp so i doubt it will be implented in like 1 or even 2 years.

Dear thread,

This is extremely fucking negative.

Please take note.

Thanks.

Originally posted by drivendawn

I believe he is being sarcastic.

I didn't take the post above it into account.  With that it now makes sense (-_-;) .

• time007time007 Member UncommonPosts: 1,062

Well, I didnt sub after the first month so I guess that was good i didnt give any more money hah if frontlines arent coming out anytime soon.  I really thought it'd be out faster but eh well.  I left for that reason and a handful of others which I won't mention here to start a flame war.  Whats done is done. 

IMPORTANT:  Please keep all replies to my posts about GAMING.  Please no negative or backhanded comments directed at me personally.  If you are going to post a reply that includes how you feel about me, please don't bother replying & just ignore my post instead.  I'm on this forum to talk about GAMING.  Thank you.
  • ZenTaoYingYangZenTaoYingYang Member Posts: 354
  • GanksinatraGanksinatra Member UncommonPosts: 455
    With current worldwide numbers being in the range of 600k subs, I don't think the doom and gloomers are even close to being accurate. FFXI never had these numbers and they made new content for it for years. And as for the people who claim the battle mechanics are "the worst ever"......grats on stating your opinion as fact. It doesn't make it so, no matter how many times you derptroll the forums of a game you claim to hate so much.
    Originally posted by Ganksinatra
    With current worldwide numbers being in the range of 600k subs, I don't think the doom and gloomers are even close to being accurate. FFXI never had these numbers and they made new content for it for years. And as for the people who claim the battle mechanics are "the worst ever"......grats on stating your opinion as fact. It doesn't make it so, no matter how many times you derptroll the forums of a game you claim to hate so much.

As the matter of fact the near future Chinese release and the PS4 release will actually create a time-space paradox that causes the sub numbers to drop. That's what usually happens when games get released on new platforms and regions.

The future truly looks grim for this game.

• amber-ramber-r Member Posts: 323
    Originally posted by Ganksinatra

They had 600k near launch, they don't have that number anymore.  People are quitting, I won't say it's dead but anyone with any sense at all won't really believe the game still has the same number of subscribers it did when that number was given.

Also, again stating what happened with FFXI has very little relevance to what will happen to this game, ffxi has almost nothing in common with this.  In terms of gameplay, in terms of budget and in terms of the playerbase.

We will get an idea of how the game is doing when the financial report comes out very soon.

Well based on what I hear of ESO(which I thought would flop from the moment it was announced) and my experience of the wildstar beta so far;  FFXIV will be my MMORPG for the next year at minimum.  Because, I don't really thing EQN is what I want or will be what people expect it to be.  I know FFXIV's flaws  but some are design choices and SE commits to their games so I only see it improving.