Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Playing just one MMO or (single player game) at a time...

iridescenceiridescence Member UncommonPosts: 1,552

Just wondering if a lot of people really play a lot of different MMOs at once, like log off one and then go log on the other for a few hours. I don't even usually do that with single player games. I like to completely devote myself to a game and play nothing else until inevitably I either finish it or get burned out on it and then don't touch it again for a long time. I never replay games I've finished just to get a different ending or get very far with alts in MMOS.

I guess it's just the personality I have. I like to completely immerse myself in a game when playing it. I'm hping for a game that will keep me engaged for years while playing nothing else but it but that game may never come.

I don't know, maybe I should try to enjoy multiple games at once since that seems to be the expectation of the industry now but I just find it really hard to do that.

Comments

• GaendricGaendric Member UncommonPosts: 624

I tend to focus on one MMO.

The friends I play with also usually agree on one game quite easily and then stick to that for a while.

So.. win/win I guess.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Same here, but i am switching faster and faster...

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• IGaveUpIGaveUp Member Posts: 273

I'll juggle a couple sometimes, but usually I play what I'm in the mood for and that lasts a couple months.

Tablet is messing me up because I have a couple that I play on it, and others that are only on PC.  If I could find a really great tablet RPG, I'd probably play it exclusively.  At least for a while.

• Cephus404Cephus404 Member CommonPosts: 3,675
    I never play more than one MMO at a time and I rarely play more than one single-player game at a time.  If I do, it's because I'm playing one on my PC and one on a console.  Otherwise, I finish one before loading up another.

Played: UO, EQ, WoW, DDO, SWG, AO, CoH, EvE, TR, AoC, GW, GA, Aion, Allods, lots more
    Relatively Recently (Re)Played: HL2 (all), Halo (PC, all), Batman:AA; AC, ME, BS, DA, FO3, DS, Doom (all), LFD1&2, KOTOR, Portal 1&2, Blink, Elder Scrolls (all), lots more
    Now Playing: None
    Hope: None

• Kevyne-ShandrisKevyne-Shandris Member UncommonPosts: 2,077

I've done it but it's distracting. Like to concentrate on one MMO at a time, than hopping from each everyday.

• plat0nicplat0nic Member Posts: 301
    The only other game I ever played when on an MMO is league of legends. Somehow that game is always a "filler" for me.

Main Game: Eldevin (Plat0nic)
    2nd Game: Path of Exile (Platonic Hate)

• sunandshadowsunandshadow Member RarePosts: 1,985
    I only play one MMO at a time, but I'll often play sessions of single player games during that time.  Meaning, I'm not starting a new single-player game unless I know in advance it's going to be a little game that doesn't have much story.  Typically a rhythm game or a speed-puzzle solitaire game or something on Kongregate or a phone game.  If I was a more social person I'd probably have stuff like Prop Hunt or GTA V Online sessions in this slot.
    I want to help design and develop a PvE-focused, solo-friendly, sandpark MMO which combines crafting, monster hunting, and story.  So PM me if you are starting one.
  • flguy147flguy147 Member UncommonPosts: 507
    I only really play MMOs and i only play one.  They are way too time consuming to play more than one and get anything done in them.  Takes my months to hit max level normally playing only one MMO at a time.
  • plat0nicplat0nic Member Posts: 301
    No time for other mmo's. Too busy tryin to be at the top bro's!!! First to max lvl, first to max gear, first to max pvp rank, FIRST FIRST FIRST!!!!! NO TIME FOR ANYTHING ELSE, POWER THROUGH IT!

Main Game: Eldevin (Plat0nic)
    2nd Game: Path of Exile (Platonic Hate)

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

Always multiple MMOs. There's the 2 or 3 I'm playing for fun and the 2 or 3 I'm playing for work. 

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by iridescence

Just wondering if a lot of people really play a lot of different MMOs at once, like log off one and then go log on the other for a few hours. I don't even usually do that with single player games. I like to completely devote myself to a game and play nothing else until inevitably I either finish it or get burned out on it and then don't touch it again for a long time. I never replay games I've finished just to get a different ending or get very far with alts in MMOS.

I guess it's just the personality I have. I like to completely immerse myself in a game when playing it. I'm hping for a game that will keep me engaged for years while playing nothing else but it but that game may never come.

I don't know, maybe I should try to enjoy multiple games at once since that seems to be the expectation of the industry now but I just find it really hard to do that.

Yes, it is personality. I don't just play one game. For example, currently, I am playing Crysis 3 (finished 2 a week ago though), Hitman Absolution,  Call of Juarez, Marvel Heroes, STO (because of the new tuvok mission).

I am on hiatus for D3, waiting for RoS, and will go back to that. I don't see a reason to restrict myself. Whatever I like at the moment, i play.