Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Would you join a guild lead by girls?

Comments

• blastermasterblastermaster Member UncommonPosts: 259

I really could care less about the sex of the guild leader.

I met a really good PvPer that was dubbed as a great leader and it turns out she was a female in her late thirties (really had a blast playing with that crew!).

I've also met countless young men who thought they had it all, but that really did'nt know what to do with the responsibilities coming with the title. So, like in most things in life, you can find good and bad coming from both, and you can't judge someone on the fact that he/she has testicules or not!

Granted I'm not into the "para-military" kind of guilds, so I can't really comment on these types of guilds.

I usually join a guild because of the peoples in general, not just the leader. What I look in a guild is a fun bunch of people who are respectful, funny and who like to play together and help each other out.

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818

The problem with bad female guild leaders is they stand out much more than bad male ones. ( notice the BAD ) Your typical bad female guild leader is doing it for attention. Having a bunch of guys all scramble to impress them is probably something they're missing in real life...and I'm sure everyone knows why. If you're not online to find a life mate, this type of thing gets really annoying.

Typically a bad male guild leader is doing it for the "power" of running a guild. You don't get the stupid giggles or the same competition to impress the guild leader with things other than their skill in a game. They do things like put their friends in officer spots, exclude good players who play the same class...things more related to the game that people are familiar with .

A good guild leader is a good guild leader. Their ability to get the job done has nothing to do with what sex they are. 

• DerrosDerros Member UncommonPosts: 1,216
    I'd have no problem with it.  my current guild, one of the female officers is the major driving force for getting raids organized.
  • nightscarnightscar Member Posts: 31

Best guilds I have ever been in where lead by women ..

wouldnt have it any other way imo

• TruthXHurtsTruthXHurts Member UncommonPosts: 1,555
    Originally posted by SinfulChris

Last time I was in a guild led by a female, was Everquest 2, on Freeport. 

Ivory Tower. Good guild, besides the fact the leader snapped atleast once a month regularly, kicking random people out for bullshit, and screaming over voice chat.

Wonder what that was all about.

She was possessed by a Red Witch!

"I am not in a server with Gankers...THEY ARE IN A SERVER WITH ME!!!"

• orionblackorionblack Member UncommonPosts: 493
    Originally posted by SinfulChris

Last time I was in a guild led by a female, was Everquest 2, on Freeport. 

Ivory Tower. Good guild, besides the fact the leader snapped atleast once a month regularly, kicking random people out for bullshit, and screaming over voice chat.

Wonder what that was all about.

LAWL!!!!!!

• TruthXHurtsTruthXHurts Member UncommonPosts: 1,555
    Originally posted by SBFord
    Originally posted by littleXuro

No. 

I'm the leader of the guild in most cases and I've never met a girl who could choose logic before emotions when something really bad happened within the guild. What creates a good leader is the ability to make the right decision, even when on an emotional level you disagree with it, that's why I only put males in charge after my personal experiences with high ranked females within my guild. 

Maybe there is a girl out there that is able to do what is neccesary but I haven't met them yet and as long as I didn't, I won't ever give them a high position in my guild ( have quite a few females in my guild and they seem to be fine with this decision aswell). 

This post may seem offensive to female gamers but after 12 years of MMORPG experience, I came to this conclusion.

That's your problem right there: You're dealing with "girls", not women. And, really? Always emotion over logic? Obviously, you've never met women who, oh I don't know, have college educations, manage companies and businesses, run families like small corporations, teach school, participate in rocket science, have law and medical degrees and who, yes, are also gamers.

After all my years in gaming, and it's more than 12 ;) , I can't honestly say that there's a hoot's worth of difference between male and female guild leaders. 

In general women are ruled by their emotions. You can deny it all day, but it's true. 

"I am not in a server with Gankers...THEY ARE IN A SERVER WITH ME!!!"

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    of course.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • PerjurePerjure Member UncommonPosts: 250
    The first guild I joined was led by a woman - most organized and fun guild I have ever been in.
  • -aLpHa--aLpHa- Member UncommonPosts: 852

I had one female guild leader, it was horrible but I don't believe she was the norm so i won't read too much into it.

She was a spoiled princess, she never earned my respect so I really didn't care for her at all.

At one point in time i gave her a piece of my mind and left the guild and never looked back.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002

*facepalms* Honestly, I can't believe I'm reading this in the second decade of the 21st Century. 

What does gender matter? It's the ability of a person to lead others, to understand the game they're playing and to make things happen for the guild. Not all of us are pink ponies and rose-colored glasses.

Additionally, if Hillary Clinton, Margaret Thatcher, or heck, even Anna Wintour, announced that they were running a guild that would "dominate the server" I would join in a second though knowing that I might not be "tough enough" for them.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • eldariseldaris Member UncommonPosts: 353

Originally posted by RealmLordsKen
    I'd probably prefer it.  Perhaps such a guild would be less of an alpha-male rivalry. 
    This. I don't care much for a guild who wants to dominate the server, more interested in a friendly and helpful guild.
  • ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401

Sure! WHY NOT?

Plz don´t tell me you are one of those that thiink that women are meant to be only in the kitchen..... ¬¬

Sexism much?

This is as wrong as not joining a guild because there is someone black or gay or blond or too tall in it....

PLAIN STUPID.

• Kevyne-ShandrisKevyne-Shandris Member UncommonPosts: 2,077
    That's your problem right there: You're dealing with "girls", not women.

^^There you have it.^^

This thread reminds me of the "girls don't play WoW" trolling, seriously.

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    Originally posted by TruthXHurts
    Originally posted by littleXuro

No. 

I'm the leader of the guild in most cases and I've never met a girl who could choose logic before emotions when something really bad happened within the guild. What creates a good leader is the ability to make the right decision, even when on an emotional level you disagree with it, that's why I only put males in charge after my personal experiences with high ranked females within my guild. 

Maybe there is a girl out there that is able to do what is neccesary but I haven't met them yet and as long as I didn't, I won't ever give them a high position in my guild ( have quite a few females in my guild and they seem to be fine with this decision aswell). 

This post may seem offensive to female gamers but after 12 years of MMORPG experience, I came to this conclusion.

That's your problem right there: You're dealing with "girls", not women. And, really? Always emotion over logic? Obviously, you've never met women who, oh I don't know, have college educations, manage companies and businesses, run families like small corporations, teach school, participate in rocket science, have law and medical degrees and who, yes, are also gamers.

After all my years in gaming, and it's more than 12 ;) , I can't honestly say that there's a hoot's worth of difference between male and female guild leaders. 

In general women are ruled by their emotions. You can deny it all day, but it's true. 

yeah where men are so much deeper...sleep, eat, fuck, fight.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

People are just people,i judge them based on being a person not gender or race matters to me.I would say that i don't even think of the game when i think of guild,i NEVER think of wanting to dominate a server or receiving a pat on the back,i just want to interact with people and have some fun.

I find gaming takes away some stress and kills time so i am not out in bars or spending money in drones because i am bored.being in a guild allows you to just talk with other people ,it does not have to be about gaming at all.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• -aLpHa--aLpHa- Member UncommonPosts: 852

[/quote]yeah where men are so much deeper...sleep, eat, fuck, fight.[/b][/quote]

And women don't do any of that? Believe it or not woman also shit and no, they do not shit flowers!

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495
    Originally posted by Meion
    I've come to see that many serious pve/pvp guilds in games are lead by guys. There are guilds lead by girls but they rarely collect good players and form a guild system to dominate the server. Why do you think it doesn't usually happen? And would you join a guild lead by two girls (Who are taking the game and the guild seriously)? If not, could you tell why? Thanks!

I would join a guild with like-minded gamers, in all the years of online gaming I have found likeminded gamers around the world, ranging from boy's/girls to men and woman.

I've been in a guild several years ago run by a 16 year old and if you didn't know you could have sworn it would be some management excutive in real life with allot of years of managing people.

If have been in a guild run by a woman, I found out 6 months after our first meet because she played a male toon and never discovered anything in chat that even might have consider him/her to be somewhat metrosexual as she played her toon great. It was team-speak that revealed his/her true identity.

Never run into a guild invite that had a woman/girl guildleader with a girl toon apart from knowing a few girl only guilds/clans.

But to me it wouldn't make any difference, aslong as said before that guild is build up with like minded gamers. And the game-leader actually contribute's his honor/title

• GhettoJesusGhettoJesus Member Posts: 6

Woman are up for verbal confrontation a little bit more then most men. But other then that there shouldn't be any problems right.

And any guild led by boys + girls would do quite poorly. Children ya know.

• EaderbrecaEaderbreca MMORPG.com StreamerMember Posts: 44

I can't believe this is even a debate. It's like asking "Would you ever get a job with a female boss?"  or "Would you ever vote for a female politician". Arguing on "illogical" and "emotional" decisions is a great display of paradygms.

(¯`v?¯) Sophie Breca (?.•?¯`•?.•*?¯`•*
    `*.?.*? Streamer at MMORPG.com
    (\__/)?.•?.•* DAoC PC Staff?)?.•*?)
    (="."=) (?.•? twitter.com/SophieBreca (?.•?
    (")_(")youtube.com/user/sophiebreca
    facebook.com/user/eaderbreca

• plat0nicplat0nic Member Posts: 301
    Most guilds i've been in have been 99% men.  *gasp* does that make me gay?

Main Game: Eldevin (Plat0nic)
    2nd Game: Path of Exile (Platonic Hate)

• fantasyfreak112fantasyfreak112 Member Posts: 499
    Almost every female gamer I've ran into wasn't too serious about refining game mechanics, rotations, build optimizing, etc. Hence why they usually aren't competitive at all, let alone at the top. There's a few exceptions out there but they're never on my servers.
  • ariestearieste Member UncommonPosts: 3,309

I'm in a raid guild with a female leader in EQ2.  We're a long-standing guild (like 7 years old) that has had multiple leaders and has always stayed Top 5 on the server (#2 atm).  In the couple of years that she's been in charges, she has done as well or better as any leader we've had in the past (including myself who was once guild leader). 

Obviously if you have a stupid girl, she will make a bad leader.  But so will a stupid guy.    

"I’d rather work on something with great potential than on fulfilling a promise of mediocrity."

- Raph Koster

Tried: AO,EQ,EQ2,DAoC,SWG,AA,SB,HZ,CoX,PS,GA,TR,IV,GnH,EVE, PP,DnL,WAR,MxO,SWG,FE,VG,AoC,DDO,LoTRO,Rift,TOR,Aion,Tera,TSW,GW2,DCUO,CO,STO
    Favourites: AO,SWG,EVE,TR,LoTRO,TSW,EQ2, Firefall
    Currently Playing: ESO

• Kevyne-ShandrisKevyne-Shandris Member UncommonPosts: 2,077
    Originally posted by fantasyfreak112
    Almost every female gamer I've ran into wasn't too serious about refining game mechanics, rotations, build optimizing, etc. Hence why they usually aren't competitive at all, let alone at the top. There's a few exceptions out there but they're never on my servers.

Maybe because they're wiser, knowing the variables will just change again...and why boys and men are angry all the time!

There's a reason why men die earlier, and why women live longer, ya know.

• MaquiameMaquiame Member UncommonPosts: 1,073
    I personally prefer them as long as she's a good person

Any mmo worth its salt should be like a good prostitute when it comes to its game world- One hell of a faker, and a damn good shaker!

This discussion has been closed.