Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Would you join a guild lead by girls?

I've come to see that many serious pve/pvp guilds in games are lead by guys.
There are guilds lead by girls but they rarely collect good players and form a guild system to dominate the server.
Why do you think it doesn't usually happen?
And would you join a guild lead by two girls (Who are taking the game and the guild seriously)?
If not, could you tell why?

Thanks!

Comments

• XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739
    Already was in one, when I went back to Ultima Online, nice woman from the Netherlands I think it was, was the GM.  I could care less gender/age, if you do your job right and run a good guild.
  • iridescenceiridescence Member UncommonPosts: 1,552

Why wouldn't you if they were decent competent people? Is anyone seriously going to admit they wouldn't? This is one small step above "would you join a guild with black people in it"? 

• WalterWhiteWalterWhite Member UncommonPosts: 411
    Why not. Just because a person has breasts does not make them less competent than a man. I would have no issue joining a guild led by two women.
  • SinfulChrisSinfulChris Member UncommonPosts: 73

Last time I was in a guild led by a female, was Everquest 2, on Freeport. 

Ivory Tower. Good guild, besides the fact the leader snapped atleast once a month regularly, kicking random people out for bullshit, and screaming over voice chat.

Wonder what that was all about.

• black_ifritblack_ifrit Member Posts: 45
    It shouldn't matter what gender the GM is if they know what they're doing. It's just stupid to not join a guild based off of gender.                                           
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888

Why would I even care?

I don't ask about the guild leader's religion either, even though that'll likely have much larger impact on how he/she leads the guild.

• DauntisDauntis Member UncommonPosts: 600
    I have been in several guilds lead by females or with female raid leaders. Some of the most hardcore raiders I have met have been women.

Help support an artist and gamer who has lost his tools to create and play: http://www.gofundme.com/u63nzcgk

• mysticmousemysticmouse Member UncommonPosts: 146
    I have been in a few guilds run by women or by husband wife teams that where very well run and fun to be in. DaoC, EQ2 and my short time in WoW all in  female run guilds. COH and SWG husband and wife teams. I dont pay attention to the guild leaders gender all that much. As long as the guild is well run and a fun time can be had who cares if its a male or female GM
  • IGaveUpIGaveUp Member Posts: 273

I'd probably prefer it.  Perhaps such a guild would be less of an alpha-male rivalry.

• MeionMeion Member Posts: 4
    Some people tend to think girls mean too much emotion etc. Therefore, they never join guilds lead by girls. I too, think that it shouldn't matter what gender the leader is, just like you guys. It shouldn't matter, but with people thinking like that, setting up a guild becomes a big challange (Not that I'm not up for that)
  • GaendricGaendric Member UncommonPosts: 624

The gender of the guildleader(s) is not an issue for me.

Don't really care about it.

If the guild is set up well and fun to be in and the leaders do a good job, I am happy.

Our last guild had a husband/wife duo leading, she was better at it. 

• udonudon Member UncommonPosts: 1,803
    Originally posted by Robokapp
    Originally posted by Meion
    I've come to see that many serious pve/pvp guilds in games are lead by guys. There are guilds lead by girls but they rarely collect good players and form a guild system to dominate the server. Why do you think it doesn't usually happen? And would you join a guild lead by two girls (Who are taking the game and the guild seriously)? If not, could you tell why? Thanks!

raided for 3 years under a female raid leader. It was never an issue.

Same, I both raided with a female raid/guild leader for several years and a different guild I was co-leader with several females in the leadership group.  It was never a issue either way.  Anyone who thinks that girls can't be competitive hasn't really looked that hard.  I know a number of highly competitive girls in EQ2 who are really good at playing the game and leading guilds and/or raids.

• Kevyne-ShandrisKevyne-Shandris Member UncommonPosts: 2,077
    Originally posted by Meion
    I've come to see that many serious pve/pvp guilds in games are lead by guys. There are guilds lead by girls but they rarely collect good players and form a guild system to dominate the server. Why do you think it doesn't usually happen? And would you join a guild lead by two girls (Who are taking the game and the guild seriously)? If not, could you tell why? Thanks!

Maybe because we don't recruit?

I thought about it on Shandris to make a raid/PvP guild, but it dawned on me I like the closeness of a family guild better...and without the drama (hate raid drama, all that fuss over gear and raging over it).

The real reason for all that fuss between women guilds and all is, have to look at the age groups represented. Male teens don't want moms online. Some get really testy about it. Early adults have the same tendency, and boys tend to just want to hang with their own (just like in Cub/Boy Scouts). Men are more pack related. Women will hang out with either equally.

• ChthonChthon Member Posts: 7

It's the personality differences between men and women that account for what OP sees probably.

First off, how underrepresented are girl gamers in games to begin with?  You'd have to take that into consideration in explaining why you don't see top competitive guilds being led by females.

Next, I think you'd have to look at the differences in basic personality types between male type and female type.  To say there's no difference in behavior/attitudes/values is absurd.  Testosterone = competitiveness.

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

Sure, why wouldn't I? 

If a guild is good, it doesn't matter the gender they are. That being said, if they are female and the guild itself isn't in good shape, it shouldn't be expected numbers would be retained just like if a male ran it. I guess perhaps its naive of me to not think there are guys out there who would be against this, but I honestly feel that gender should have little to no effect on a good majority of people. 

Unfortunately I think some gender bias does exist since... lets face it, there are not many good girl gamers. They exist out there, but there is just so few in number that it unfortunately gives off a bias that 'girls aren't good gamers'. I can name one female that I played with that did near top dps in a raid, and dozens more that were just unfortunately not very good at all. Perhaps as time goes on and gaming becomes more popular, we might see more and more good female gamers to really change up that balance. :)7

• LokbergLokberg Member Posts: 315

Sure why not the first guild i joined in my first mmorpg asherons call was a Woman.

Come to think of it thats the only one to, i guess they dont start guilds as much as guys or sum.

Never ask whos the leader and what gender it is when i join a guild.

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194

It is not a problem.

Problem is to find a girl that can keep the testosterone levels of the boys under control.

In real life there are excellent female managers who lead big corporations, but in real life there are rules that allow ladies to develop their full potential.

In gaming there are no rules, so girls need to rely only on their personalities to overcome the innate competitiveness of the male players, which could be very hard for a girl to manage, that's why there are so few female Guild Leaders.

But in principle I don't have any problem, if someone is valid it doesn't matter if it's male or female.

• handlewithcarehandlewithcare Member Posts: 322

YES I like to play with girls,games offcourse.

they are nicer and more patient,they don't get so angry when you die or make a mistake.

• WicoaWicoa Member UncommonPosts: 1,637

Sometimes I think women make better raid leaders as more often than not a male officer or guild leader becomes corrupted by another certain type of woman.  That type of leader then thinks they are a hero in their lonely life, lavishing attention, gold, loot, help, fighting off other guildies cause she plays terrible and talks about fluffy kittens and moon pie over coms on a progress boss fight and.... the guild crumbles.  I have seen this more often than you can shake a stick at.

I have no problem with any gender being a leader. As long as they are good, fair, don't take sh*t and have the knowledge necessary.

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731
    I would join a guild/player association lead by competent people, sex does not factor into competence last I checked.

• HeraseHerase Member RarePosts: 993

It's not a problem, last guild i was in had a women leader, who's partner was also a women and part of the guild. Think about 30% of the guild were female. Tbh it was the best guild i had been in. What i found out being in this guild is, alot of women in games seem to be a bit more mature than men. Men like to throw their weight around and show off thinking there better than others.

So if i had a choice, i would pick a female raid leader. 

• monochrome19monochrome19 Member UncommonPosts: 723

I'd definitely join a guild run by girls. It doesnt matter.

I think you dont see a lot of top guilds run by girls because their are waaay more guys than girls who play MMOs... and girls are generally a lot worse than guys at games.

• ZadawnZadawn Member UncommonPosts: 670
    Girl no, woman yes. It all depends on the person though.

• GillleanGilllean Member Posts: 169

No ! I guess depends on person.    If the female GM is married have a child and is a hard core raider I will never follow such person.  I've seen lot of cases and I was disgusted and horrified by females in games. 

As a person who loves women a lot I can't accept them as nasty selfish rude gamers . But I guess not all are like this.

Not   vg or boobies makes my point simply I disgusted by some people who have child but don't pay attention to them and in this case they give more attention to game.  

And as a fresh teacher I can tell you parents changed a lot last 20 years. This new generation is selfish rude with 0 compassion for others. I thing this selfish attitude is reason why kids are so poorly educated they are thrown to their grand parents who are to old for this...

Female gamer as a balanced  hobby    OK

Hard core raid leader   NO never !

• psypoisonpsypoison Member UncommonPosts: 17
    yes i would why not?
This discussion has been closed.