Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EverQust Next Landmark Alpha today!

2»

Comments

• RykaSRykaS Member UncommonPosts: 7
    Originally posted by SEANMCAD
    Originally posted by LIOKI
    Four hours waiting in the queue and the servers are down again. Before anyone says it, no @#$%@ it's an alpha build, so it's expected. Still frustrating.

Sounds like the are doing a release old school.

Not sure why a rolling deployment wouldnt work so much better.

spread it out!...lottery based or something

If SWTOR head start is any indication...they won't do it because their alpha forums will be flooded with hundreds of 'I paid $$$ for this game I deserve to idle in the queue just like everyone else!' posts. Instead of like, actual bug reports/feedback, lol.

• FinalFikusFinalFikus Member Posts: 906
    Four hours waiting in the queue and the servers are down again. Before anyone says it, no @#$%@ it's an alpha build, so it's expected. Still frustrating.

They are doing it on purpose. Testing.

"If the Damned gave you a roadmap, then you'd know just where to go"

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    Originally posted by RykaS

If SWTOR head start is any indication...they won't do it because their alpha forums will be flooded with hundreds of 'I paid $$$ for this game I deserve to idle in the queue just like everyone else!' posts. Instead of like, actual bug reports/feedback, lol.

I think it would not be hard or confusing for players to understand. If it is hard for them to understand then they need to step off anyway. :)

That is my view on the subject

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• firefly2003firefly2003 Member UncommonPosts: 2,527
    Originally posted by FelixMajor
    I would love to play, but the 900 minute queue is kind of a road block!

They are probably going to add in some more islands this week perhaps another server or 2, would spread out the traffic a bit. Its a first that Ive seen a queue for a pre-release game :P

• XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739

Yeah, the que told me 360+ minutes and it was probably like 30 minutes, if that.  I imagine they will be adding another 1-2 servers, like someone mentioned.  I would like it to be running smooth, but better to get these things fixed now.

I look forward to them adding the mobs and such, interested to see how the crafting items to give skills will work.  Not sure when this will be done though.

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    They couldn't open up enough servers, but they ahd no issues whatsoever taking your money I'm sure.
  • firefly2003firefly2003 Member UncommonPosts: 2,527
    Originally posted by Theocritus
    They couldn't open up enough servers, but they ahd no issues whatsoever taking your money I'm sure.

Well considering this weekend was a good stress test for 2 servers which are packed full of people at full capacity, and the interest is there for the game, I would imagine they will add servers this week. Also since the founders packs are still for sale they will have no choice but to put up more servers if they want to accomodate that many people playing and testing.

• tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001

Got to play a few hours over the weekend and I'll say I've not been more excited about an MMO in a long, long time. The list of features that they're already working on will make it even more awesome.

And if their plans of being able to do player scripted events or even whole dungeons come to reality - well who needs EQNext anyway? :D

Yes I did my time waiting to play during the weekend, too. Luckily I hadn't counted on being able to play much. It's Alpha, folks. A real Alpha, not any of this marketing bullshit you see around.

They also lifted the NDA already, so you can decide whether to buy the founder's pack or wait out until open beta.

For me, the Trailblazer pack was the only plausible choice. It will give me a headstart on the claims when the game goes live and I can tell you, all the spots near the hubs will be taken within a few hours. It's going to be a gold rush.

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,065
    Originally posted by Baleout
    Originally posted by Viper482

I would like to thank all of those paying $60-$100 to get into an alpha of a free to play game for contributing to the decline of pc and mmo civilization. Thank you all. 

/sarcasm off

Sorry but why would you care how folks spend their money it is their money.

If you do not have the imagination to see how this is bad for the future of pc gaming in general I cannot help you.

Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,065
    Originally posted by mmoguy43
    Originally posted by Everket
    Originally posted by Baleout
    Originally posted by Viper482

I would like to thank all of those paying $60-$100 to get into an alpha of a free to play game for contributing to the decline of pc and mmo civilization. Thank you all. 

/sarcasm off

Sorry but why would you care how folks spend their money it is their money.

Because it affects future game development and what they charge obviously. Landmark is not a crowdfunded game.

Because prepaying for something you would have bought anyway is such a terrible thing. What is this tinfoil ripple in future time ideology?

/add sarcasm 2

ummmm.....this is a free to play game. Nice try though. 

Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • StonesDKStonesDK Member UncommonPosts: 1,805
    Since the dawn of MMO alpha's/betas, people have been buying their way in through third party markets. Whether you like the fact that developers has embraced that and letting people buy founders/previews whatnot, it is here to stay.