Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EverQust Next Landmark Alpha today!

atticon40atticon40 Member Posts: 33

Any other founders excited to finally play it?  Found some great preview articles from a few sites here:

Video Interview with MMO Attack

Curse Video Interview

MMORPG.com Alpha Preview

MMO Attack Alpha Preview

I'm sure there's more!

Comments

• MavolenceMavolence Member UncommonPosts: 635
    I'm excited to give it a whirl just spent an obscene amount of time in terraria/starbound/minecraft
  • plat0nicplat0nic Member Posts: 301
    Isn't this like craft version of EQN?

Main Game: Eldevin (Plat0nic)
    2nd Game: Path of Exile (Platonic Hate)

• karbonistakarbonista Member UncommonPosts: 78
    Yep.  Waiting for my explorer key.  I'm pretty stoked.
  • Sajman01Sajman01 Member Posts: 204
    Received mine about 10 minutes ago. Unfortunately, I'm now under NDA so that's that.
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064

I would like to thank all of those paying $60-$100 to get into an alpha of a free to play game for contributing to the decline of pc and mmo civilization. Thank you all. 

/sarcasm off

Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • EverketEverket Member UncommonPosts: 244
    Agreed, its absolutely absurd.
  • BaleoutBaleout Member Posts: 141
    Originally posted by Viper482

I would like to thank all of those paying $60-$100 to get into an alpha of a free to play game for contributing to the decline of pc and mmo civilization. Thank you all. 

/sarcasm off

Sorry but why would you care how folks spend their money it is their money.

• syriinxsyriinx Member UncommonPosts: 1,383

/sarcasm off

So crowdfunding is the decline of PC and mmo civilization?

• EverketEverket Member UncommonPosts: 244
    Originally posted by Baleout

/sarcasm off

Because it affects future game development and what they charge obviously. Landmark is not a crowdfunded game.

• mmoguy43mmoguy43 Member UncommonPosts: 2,770
    Originally posted by Everket
    Originally posted by Baleout

/sarcasm off

Because it affects future game development and what they charge obviously. Landmark is not a crowdfunded game.

Because prepaying for something you would have bought anyway is such a terrible thing. What is this tinfoil ripple in future time ideology?

/add sarcasm 2

• funyahnsfunyahns Member Posts: 315
     They are trying to get the biggest fans of the product in and have them do the alpha stuff. I have seen far worse stuff happening that has a worse effect on MMO players recently.  Who knows maybe the people involved are actually enjoying doing the work that they are doing? I am unsure of the value of those early packs. Until I know what those early items actually grants you I wouldn't want to guess.
  • KruulKruul Member UncommonPosts: 482
    I know it's being labeled as an alpha but I've never been in an alpha with 10s of thousands of players trying to get in at the same time. It feels more like AoC Beta stress test. 
    Originally posted by funyahns
     They are trying to get the biggest fans of the product in and have them do the alpha stuff. I have seen far worse stuff happening that has a worse effect on MMO players recently.  Who knows maybe the people involved are actually enjoying doing the work that they are doing? I am unsure of the value of those early packs. Until I know what those early items actually grants you I wouldn't want to guess.

The items mostly save you a lot of time but are also a little unique. Not sure about all of them but you probably save at least of month of resource gathering.

• SephrosSephros Member UncommonPosts: 429
    Save a month of resource gathering? So people pay money for a game to not play the game...Fabulous!!

Error: No Keyboard Detected!
    Press F1 to continue......

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Originally posted by mmoguy43

The items mostly save you a lot of time but are also a little unique. Not sure about all of them but you probably save at least of month of resource gathering.

Where did you get this info? It looked to me like upgrading picks wasn't anywhere near that type of time commitment. Someone got up to an iron pick in a few hours yesterday.

Originally posted by BeansnBread

Where did you get this info? It looked to me like upgrading picks wasn't anywhere near that type of time commitment. Someone got up to an iron pick in a few hours yesterday.

Just a guess based on what is said in the founder rewards video + the other items.

Originally posted by Sephros
    Save a month of resource gathering? So people pay money for a game to not play the game...Fabulous!!

No, you pay to play MORE. More useful stuff means more time building or exploring.

• CazNeergCazNeerg Member Posts: 2,198
    Originally posted by BeansnBread

The founder's pickaxe is equivalent to the second worst pick combined with the worst axe.  If your first goal when you log in is getting better tools, you will have probably have better stuff within an hour or two at most.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    Looks like a GREAT game actually however.....the cartoon graphics have killed it for me. So I will keep playing Wurm Online which I enjoy but its a very slow game.

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• FinalFikusFinalFikus Member Posts: 906
    Originally posted by SEANMCAD
    Looks like a GREAT game actually however.....the cartoon graphics have killed it for me. So I will keep playing Wurm Online which I enjoy but its a very slow game.

This was my biggest concern. The way I play, imagination is fairly important.

After playing for about an hour, I can honestly say the graphics aren't an issue. At least not for the environment. The world is OK if that's your bag. If it's character models, it may be a little bit more of an issue, but I was pleasantly surprised that the graphics didn't kill it for me. I was actually a little impressed.

They're not going to make up for anything, but surprisingly, they don't hurt anything.

Don't take my word on it. That was just my experience.

"If the Damned gave you a roadmap, then you'd know just where to go"

• FelixMajorFelixMajor Member RarePosts: 865
    I would love to play, but the 900 minute queue is kind of a road block!

Originally posted by Arskaaa
    "when players learned tacticks in dungeon/raids, its bread".

Originally posted by FinalFikus
    Originally posted by SEANMCAD

This was my biggest concern. The way I play, imagination is fairly important.

After playing for about an hour, I can honestly say the graphics aren't an issue. At least not for the environment. The world is OK if that's your bag. If it's character models, it may be a little bit more of an issue, but I was pleasantly surprised that the graphics didn't kill it for me. I was actually a little impressed.

They're not going to make up for anything, but surprisingly, they don't hurt anything.

Don't take my word on it. That was just my experience.

yeah I hear you.

After a bit the game play becomes more the immersion factor.

Its just not high on my gaming to-do list but its on the list.

• KatinkoKatinko Member Posts: 8
    Originally posted by FelixMajor
    I would love to play, but the 900 minute queue is kind of a road block!

Yeah that is kind of ridiculous, though it probably isn't exactly 900 minutes as people drop out of the queue.

• LIOKILIOKI Member UncommonPosts: 421
    Four hours waiting in the queue and the servers are down again. Before anyone says it, no @#$%@ it's an alpha build, so it's expected. Still frustrating.
  • BraindomeBraindome Member UncommonPosts: 959

Considering what they have been through in the past 24 hours they are doing a helluva job. Anyone that doesn't think so obviously hasn't been paying attention and the que times are exagerrated and not accurate, just wait it out it is much less, just have to let it sync. They have been hammered with problems and people and are handling this Alpha better than most companies handle a full release.

Btw, did I mention this game is lovely?

Originally posted by LIOKI
    Four hours waiting in the queue and the servers are down again. Before anyone says it, no @#$%@ it's an alpha build, so it's expected. Still frustrating.

Sounds like the are doing a release old school.

Not sure why a rolling deployment wouldnt work so much better.

spread it out!...lottery based or something