Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TESO Petition : CE/Pre-order bonuses

Comments

• UhwopUhwop Member UncommonPosts: 1,791

Funny thing. 

I'd rather they removed the faction lock.  Don't want it as a pre order feature, or upgrade option.  It's something a lot of people have really been vocal about not wanting in the game, and I don't like it being used to drive sales. 

Remove it and they get another sale.  I'm not interested in being gimmicked into buying. 

Edit:  For clarity, I'm saying that everyone, regardless of when they buy, should be able to choose the faction they want to play in. 

• flguy147flguy147 Member UncommonPosts: 507
    I dont have a problem with the imperial race in the CE.  But i have a huge problem with any race can join any alliance. But it is what it is, if i hate it when play then i just wont sub after that.  But its almost impossible for them to change it now because they have already sold so many CE.  The only thing they could do is if a race joins a different faction then they could penalize them in some way.  I hope they do that but i know the people that want to be in another faction will be outraged.  Impossible to make everybody happy and this time i am not happy and i am normally very easy going with my MMOS and dont analyze every detail like most people on here.   I think it will still be a great game though but who knows how much this decision will effect me.
  • tyrsontyrson Member Posts: 34

It's not pay to win, it's early access to a "race" that will most likely be purchasable after launch.

And I just love how people feel they can dictate to a private company, what they can sell and how much.

I wonder how many of those that created/signed the petition, how amendable they would be to a bunch of random people started telling them how and what they could do with a product they produced. But of course most of these probably never produced anything anyways.

Don't like it, don't buy it. Simple

• CazNeergCazNeerg Member Posts: 2,198
    Heh, 22 supporters.  Look at all the outrage!

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

There are petitions for people being fired for doing their jobs, people who have gotten away with rape and murder, and petitions to stop corporations from engaging in slave labor.  And then there is this.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• JemAs666JemAs666 Member UncommonPosts: 252
    Man these are great times petition everything and sue everyone!
  • JJ82JJ82 Member UncommonPosts: 1,258
    Originally posted by lizardbones

There are petitions for people being fired for doing their jobs, people who have gotten away with rape and murder, and petitions to stop corporations from engaging in slave labor.  And then there is this.

Don't forget the petition to deport Bieber back to Canada!

"People who tell you you’re awesome are useless. No, dangerous.

They are worse than useless because you want to believe them. They will defend you against critiques that are valid. They will seduce you into believing you are done learning, or into thinking that your work is better than it actually is." ~Raph Koster
    http://www.raphkoster.com/2013/10/14/on-getting-criticism/

• IlayaIlaya Member UncommonPosts: 661
    Originally posted by CazNeerg

Rofl ! Good one mate. That Petition gave me a good laugh.

Man..these are indeed very Crazy Times.

I can't believe that someone rly started this.

• DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610
    Originally posted by tyrson

It's not pay to win, it's early access to a "race" that will most likely be purchasable after launch.

And I just love how people feel they can dictate to a private company, what they can sell and how much.

I wonder how many of those that created/signed the petition, how amendable they would be to a bunch of random people started telling them how and what they could do with a product they produced. But of course most of these probably never produced anything anyways.

Don't like it, don't buy it. Simple

Actually, people have a huge say in what a company produces and how it is produced.  It's a part of normal, every day life.  I'm not sure where you were trying to go with that...

So far, no one knows if it is available later.  The fact that it is purchasable and a unique racial skill comes with it, makes it the very definition of 'pay to win'.  It's exclusive content that isn't cosmetic.  So you are wrong there too.  By definition even.

• JorlJorl Member UncommonPosts: 257

Exactly, some people need to get a life. I'm tired of reading too many QQing posts on the forums.

• DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610

I think the obvious reason here is that most people don't believe it will matter.  And they would be right.  They are already taking pre-orders on their game, and it's too late to change anything at this time.  If this petition were made, say, six months to a year ago, then I'd bet it would get far more support.  

I think right now, people are pissed.  But they know it's pointless.  The damage has been done, and there is really no hope to change course.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910
    Originally posted by JJ82

Don't forget the petition to deport Bieber back to Canada!

They actually got enough votes on that one.  I'm looking forward to the White House's response.  I don't think it will be as good as the Death Star, but it should be entertaining. :-)

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015
    Originally posted by Uhwop

Funny thing. 

I'd rather they removed the faction lock.  Don't want it as a pre order feature, or upgrade option.  It's something a lot of people have really been vocal about not wanting in the game, and I don't like it being used to drive sales. 

Pretty much my feeling.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785

All I know is that should they give in to the whiners, they had better replace the lost bonuses with something awesome to make up for it.

Maybe a reserved server for CE players only so we don't have to be around people who sign petitions regarding video game collector's edition bonuses.

• JyiigaJyiiga Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
    Yep... Did not sign. Still 22, so much RAGE!
  • lugallugal Member UncommonPosts: 671
    Since I have a life, no need to sign a worthless petition.

Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    The reviewer has a mishapen head
    Which means his opinion is skewed
    ...Aldous.MF'n.Huxley

• Joseph_KerrJoseph_Kerr Member RarePosts: 1,113
    I thought the faction lock wasnt very Elder Scrolls to begin with considering how in every Elder Scrolls game its the players choice.  
  • BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    Come on folks, join the 10 other people that signed it. I bet they don't break 100.
    "The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• SjorAndSkySjorAndSky Member UncommonPosts: 24
    Tbh I like the change, Shoulda been in from the get go.
    Originally posted by Betaguy
    Come on folks, join the 10 other people that signed it. I bet they don't break 100.

Not a chance, I want them to keep the change because of how bad it makes them look in both the eyes of the many TES fans that got them to try to offer what they want with this change, even though it was tied to wanting an open world so pissed them off more, and the added effect of making some of the diehard DaoC players that loved the game pissed off for now not having their past come alive again.

It will lead to more idiotic moves to try to please TES and DaoC fans, which is not possible in most cases because they are opposites! Lets see if they can manage to drive a few more people away before the end.

They are worse than useless because you want to believe them. They will defend you against critiques that are valid. They will seduce you into believing you are done learning, or into thinking that your work is better than it actually is." ~Raph Koster

• RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785

Well this petition has taken off like a wildfire . . . still at a massive 22 outraged TESO fans. At this rate, it'll be in the millions by 3072 after the polar ice caps have melted and re-frozen. Although, by that point, it won't be humans signing the petition, it'll be the robots who took over earth after wiping us out.

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629

Not a chance, I want them to keep the change because of how bad it makes them look in both the eyes of the many TES fans that got them to try to offer what they want with this change, even though it was tied to wanting an open world so pissed them off more, and the added effect of making some of the diehard DaoC players that loved the game pissed off for now not having their past come alive again.

It will lead to more idiotic moves to try to please TES and DaoC fans, which is not possible in most cases because they are opposites! Lets see if they can manage to drive a few more people away before the end.

Wishful thinking on your part.

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

Wishful thinking on your part.

Funny enough, one of the most vocal supporters of the game on this site just started this thread..............

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/6159506/thread/404127#6159506

I cant wait for the game to go F2P, this one could be the end of big budget corporate fed crap themeparks, and the end of their reign didn't come soon enough, too bad the genre was trashed by it.

• EntinerintEntinerint Member UncommonPosts: 868

LOL that shit is on Change.ORG.

DON'T WORRY GUYS!  We'll get OBAMA to make sure ESO is DAOC 2 for us!!!

So hilarious and lame I swear all the QQ is just too amazing.  Thank you Zeni!

Yeah that is one HELL of a vocal MINORITY.

• CazNeergCazNeerg Member Posts: 2,198
    Originally posted by Entinerint

Yeah that is one HELL of a vocal MINORITY.

And just think, some people tried to say this was just like the response to Mass Effect 3's endings.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.