Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Column] Rift: How Dream Weaving Could Make You Rich

BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

Artifact hunting. Who doesn't love it? There is something thrilling about spotting the glimmer of the artifact's worldly star, even if you have no interest in completing collections or lucky coins. It's like Christmas morning, stumbling across one, something that may never have been seen before – and can probably be sold for a hefty profit. RIFT's 2.6 update has something special for artifact hunters, especially if they also love dimensions. And let's be honest, who doesn't? Today we're talking Dream Weaving, the new profession combining RIFT's two unlikeliest systems into a powerful blend that improves both. Ready? Let's dig in.

Read on for the rest of Chris Coke's Tripping the Rift: How Dream Weaving Could Make You Rich

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

Comments

• reillanreillan Member UncommonPosts: 247
    Link broken
  • MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
    Fixed.
  • orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956
    hehe-  looks liek an image from secret world.
  • JaedorJaedor Member UncommonPosts: 1,173

I think I would have chosen a different video to showcase dimensions but w/e; it's pretty hard to get across the possibilities in a video.

One of the best ways to make money with Dream Weaving will be just salvaging shinies for Dream Ribbon and selling them to folks who will level the profession and anyone who wants something crafted. Raiders will buy the mats in order to obtain Dream Orbs, the stat buff items that stack with runes. And dimensioneers will buy both the crafted objects and the ribbons in order to get their hands on terrain paints, hidden spotlights, waterfall curtains, etc. Many new particle effects coming with 2.6 that will make dimensioneers very happy.

• reillanreillan Member UncommonPosts: 247
    to be fair, artifacts are one of the things that I enjoyed so much that I came back to the game... that's rare for me.
  • tachgbtachgb Member UncommonPosts: 791
    Can't wait to try this out.
  • VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872

Dimensions is definately a point they care for and do something about. And about the only thing they got right (thanks to EQ2).

If the game had like 2-3 more pillars like that it would be awesome.

• SamhaelSamhael Member RarePosts: 1,500
    I've never understood the fascination for artifact hunting or spent any time actually doing so. Therefore, I'm definitely not part of that 40%!
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Originally posted by Samhael
    I've never understood the fascination for artifact hunting or spent any time actually doing so. Therefore, I'm definitely not part of that 40%!

Well i can understand the collecting idea,MANY ,millions of people do that everyday in real life,from the past collecting hockey cards,to collecting museum pieces or old cars or old furniture,i think most everyone likes to collect something.

The bad part is that MANY gamer's do it for another reason,to sell,putting too much value on game currency and the time you have wasted putting too much value on it.Perhaps if you are doing something illegal,making real money from currency,i can see it but game currency and even items have ZERO value only sentimental value,hence the collecting phenomenon.

Two things i would questio9n about this gimmick.

1.How relevant,is there any possible way this is a push gimmick to the cash shop?

2A game ALWAYS needs to be a GAME,more importantly a RPG game first and foremost,it should never become about one small gimmick that is really not tied into the game,it's lore or purpose or story.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• jbombardjbombard Member UncommonPosts: 598

My biggest problem with dimension is that once you build one there is no reason to go back.  They provide no functionality and almost no interaction.  If you look at all the cool stuff you can do in Wildstar housing, it seems to understand the problem and have tried to fix it my making their housing useful.  It really is a shame because I love dimensions.

What they really need is things like buff stations, storage, crafting stations etc...   Hell take that one step further and let players add NPCs, or maybe have it so certain items will attract certain mobs, etc...  How they do it is up to them but they really need to make dimensions feel more alive and useful.  This new profession would be a great opportunity to do so, hopefully they capitalize on it.