Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Darkfall: Unholy Wars: Adds New Duel System and Weather Effects

2»

Comments

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    Originally posted by asmkm22
    [mod edit]

There aren't a lot of people playing.  I'm not sure I would want a massive population in a game like this though.  Being killed every time you set foot outside the safezone would not be fun.  

I think they marketed this game to the wrong crowd.  There are a lot of impatient pvp only people that are attracted to the game.  They should market more to the crafters, explorers and even more hardcore PvE driven people.  Too many people log in and want a PvP only arena game.  They then quit when they have to actually craft or PvE...these people are not true MMO fans, console PvP/MOBA people only.  They don't give two ***** about the massive seamless world or anything in it.

I also think they may have made an error by not having factions.  Only relying on your clan and it's allies is very limiting.  Your clan gets crushed and everyone in the defeated clan quits.  There is no large faction of people to turn to when your clan goes under/gets demoralized after losing holdings.

This is the most fun I've had in an MMO since EQ1.  Nine months and going strong and I am horrible at PvP.  Hopefully the territory control will change many things and give people a greater purpose other than clan holdings.

• asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788
    Originally posted by Mardukk
    Originally posted by asmkm22
    [mod edit]

There aren't a lot of people playing.  I'm not sure I would want a massive population in a game like this though.  Being killed every time you set foot outside the safezone would not be fun.  

I think they marketed this game to the wrong crowd.  There are a lot of impatient pvp only people that are attracted to the game.  They should market more to the crafters, explorers and even more hardcore PvE driven people.  Too many people log in and want a PvP only arena game.  They then quit when they have to actually craft or PvE...these people are not true MMO fans, console PvP/MOBA people only.  They don't give two ***** about the massive seamless world or anything in it.

I also think they may have made an error by not having factions.  Only relying on your clan and it's allies is very limiting.  Your clan gets crushed and everyone in the defeated clan quits.  There is no large faction of people to turn to when your clan goes under/gets demoralized after losing holdings.

This is the most fun I've had in an MMO since EQ1.  Nine months and going strong and I am horrible at PvP.  Hopefully the territory control will change many things and give people a greater purpose other than clan holdings.

My understanding is that the dev's themselves are part of the crowd that want a pvp-only arena game.  Which kind of makes sense, considering how crappy they've been at public relations.

You make me like charity

• IAmMMOIAmMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,462
    Originally posted by StaalBurgher

Not a DF hater at all. I respect what they are trying to do and I find the game good quality overall but not too into the MMO-battlefield concept. Too much grind (PvE or harvesting) in order to PvP. Completely understand that death in combat should cost something but should the cost be that the player has to spend hours grinding at tasks he does not really want to do? Similar to MO making you wander around in ghost form. Wtf. Makes no sense to me. No wonder most people quit. They might not mind losing but they don't want a second job or annoying time-wasting tasks.

When will we get a medieval sandbox/simulation MMO without retarded magic or supernatural elements? Something with character ageing and death so that your character's life can actually have some context within the game world.

Come join us in the MMOFPS genre. Much better, sit down and get right into the action.

• googlemogooglemo Member UncommonPosts: 20
    GO INTO DFUW! AND show people that you actually know how to play !