Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will this game take an arrow to the knee ?

ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690
I think so. I think it will take an arrow to the knee pretty hard and eventually they will be forced to go f2p just like The Old Republic. I haven't stepped a foot into beta but I imagine if NDA is still up 2 months before release there is still a ton of work this game needs to get fixed before launch. What do you guys think ?

Comments

• muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    some will like it.  some won't.  just like any other game.
  • MargulisMargulis Member CommonPosts: 1,614
    I think the game itself is actually pretty good - but this decision about the pay locked Imperial race decision is worth 10 arrows in both knees.
  • KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646

The sooner this game goes F2P, the sooner more can play it (plus people paying can suddenly not get billed).  Winning situation for everyone.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• superconductingsuperconducting Member UncommonPosts: 871
    Originally posted by Margulis
    I think the game itself is actually pretty good - but this decision about the pay locked Imperial race decision is worth 10 arrows in both knees.

Come on now. It's not that bad. There were posts showing you can get the CE for 20% off-- becomes $64. So I ain't complaining!

Don't know why some folks seem to blowing this out of proportion. It's not like it's $200+

Originally posted by superconducting

Come on now. It's not that bad. There were posts showing you can get the CE for 20% off-- becomes $64. So I ain't complaining!

Don't know why some folks seem to blowing this out of proportion. It's not like it's $200+

20 arrows, knees and back.  :P

Originally posted by ThomasN7
    I think so. I think it will take an arrow to the knee pretty hard and eventually they will be forced to go f2p just like The Old Republic. I haven't stepped a foot into beta but I imagine if NDA is still up 2 months before release there is still a ton of work this game needs to get fixed before launch. What do you guys think ?

The game is GREAT. Much better than any MMO out there. My prediction is it will be a huge success.

• DeathengerDeathenger Member UncommonPosts: 880
    There is a 6gig collection of videos of the beta out there ( i watched the entire thing) and one thing is for sure. If you enjoyed Skyrim, there is no reason you wont enjoy this game. That's just my take on what I saw from the beta videos I watched.

• ScypherothScypheroth Member Posts: 264

you just dont get it do you?

Its liek buying a game (lets say BF4) and you cant play multiplayer cuz its a collectors edition only thing. NO it should be included in the FULL GAME no questions asked. Why? Your keeping a portion of the game wich should have been included.

OR lets use another MMO for example....what if SWTOR made sith and jedi a CE only race? Why would anyone want to buy the stand alone?

• Randallt3mpRandallt3mp Member UncommonPosts: 168

The game is GREAT. Much better than any MMO out there. My prediction is it will be a huge success.

Please give me whatever you're smoking. Please!......birds will sing for me!......Big Macs will taste like prime rib!

But seriously from what little I've seen the game will not truly be of any better quality than the last slew of uninspired cash-grab mmo's.  I will be a financial success though due to the popular IP like SWTOR (although not as big).

MMOs Played: FFXI,Age of Conan, Aion, Rift, SWTOR, TERA, TSW, GW2

Playing:None

Waiting For: Wildstar, The Repopulation, Archeage, TESO, Warhammer 40K:EC, EQN

• smokeybhasmokeybha Member UncommonPosts: 129
    Originally posted by Scypheroth

Its liek buying a game (lets say BF4) and you cant play multiplayer cuz its a collectors edition only thing. NO it should be included in the FULL GAME no questions asked. Why? Your keeping a portion of the game wich should have been included.

OR lets use another MMO for example....what if SWTOR made sith and jedi a CE only race? Why would anyone want to buy the stand alone?

Yeah, those analogies are perfect for the situation with the CE... LOL yeah right.

How you can compare multiplayer to one extra race or playing any race with any faction is beyond me. Overboard much?

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646
    Originally posted by Randallt3mp

Please give me whatever you're smoking. Please!......birds will sing for me!......Big Macs will taste like prime rib!

But seriously from what little I've seen the game will not truly be of any better quality than the last slew of uninspired cash-grab mmo's.  It will be a financial success though due to the popular IP like SWTOR (although not as big).

"They" are going for the money definitely, hence why "they" use Zenimax instead of Bethesda, IMO.  It's a nice distance between game, customer, and developer, in 3 separations.  The game makes money, but when people don't like it, that is because it is Zenimax's first MMO (or other nonsense).  Confusion rises as people don't know Zenimax is Bethesda's parent company, and thus the ES franchise is Okie-Dokey.

And console users will never read these boards anyways.  This game may be collectible because it will be Zenimax's first and last :P (as a developer that is; they will continue as a very rich entity, of course, since they own Bethesda).

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• CazNeergCazNeerg Member Posts: 2,198

But seriously from what little I've seen the game will not truly be of any better quality than the last slew of uninspired cash-grab mmo's.  I will be a financial success though due to the popular IP like SWTOR (although not as big).

I actually think ESO will be substantially more successful than TOR.  And I say that as someone whose favorite currently available MMO is TOR.  I could be wrong, but it's what my gut is telling me.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

I do get it. Trust me. And I'm fine with it.

$20 more for CE, with good-sized discounts well before game release, is NOT bad in my eyes. I think it's a pretty OK deal.

Are they trying to squeeze a little more money out the consumer? Of course they are.

But is it so cost-restrictive that an outrage is warranted? Hells no.

Compared to the cesspool that currently is the MMO space, it is a shining light.

Compared to former Elder Scrolls games, it will pale in comparison- that is known. But I've come to accept that.

You know I actually agree with this - I just think their business decision for the CE and pre-orders was a very NOT great decision.

• CazNeergCazNeerg Member Posts: 2,198

Compared to the cesspool that currently is the MMO space, it is a shining light.

Compared to former Elder Scrolls games, it will pale in comparison- that is known. But I've come to accept that.

Personally, the only Elder Scrolls game I liked better was Daggerfall, and I only like that better if we adjust for what was technologically possible at the time of it's release.  If I tried to play it now, I might start throwing things.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

You know I actually agree with this - I just think their business decision for the CE and pre-orders was a very NOT great decision.

that's fair Margulis. I don't actually agree with the business decision either (you think I like paying more?).

It's just at the same time I don't think they went too overboard.

• PyatraPyatra Member Posts: 644

So are you suggesting they shouldn't do CE for any digital content that matters in any game ever?  The point of the CE is that it costs more, but you get more.  It has been that way for many years, and I have bought the ones that I think are worth it, but times change, physical unique items aren't going to cut it in our digital world.  So there needs to be unique CE digital content and I like it that way, so those of us with decent paying jobs can actually get that little extra, that car with heated seats, that upgraded stereo system.

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191
    Originally posted by Karteli

The sooner this game goes F2P, the sooner more can play it (plus people paying can suddenly not get billed).  Winning situation for everyone.

I think you need to get a paper delivery route so all this whining over such a small amount of money doesn't keep stressing you out.

There Is Always Hope!

• PyatraPyatra Member Posts: 644
    Originally posted by keithian
    Originally posted by Karteli

I think you need to get a paper delivery route so all this whining over such a small amount of money doesn't keep stressing you out.

I agree.  I will pay for myself to play a game and even sometimes CE content, but the heck if I'm paying for some random stranger I don't know to play the same game.

This discussion has been closed.