Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Didnt PONY TAIL GUY Promise us.....

2»

Comments

• MightykingMightyking Member UncommonPosts: 235

Today is January 31st. At the moment I write this it's early in the night in the US, so their day lasts almost for another 24 hours. SoE has a big event today at 16:00 pm PST (0:00 GMT), which will be broadcasr live on their new EQN landmark twitch channel. Yes, that's right, the landmark channel.

Just relax and see how today develops, and if you get up tomorrow and still have no Alpha you can make a copy of this thread. If you do have an Alpha, you owe people a big apology, because not only were you given Alpha a month before the official release, they also released exactly as promised.

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    Originally posted by Mightyking

Today is January 31st. At the moment I write this it's early in the night in the US, so their day lasts almost for another 24 hours. SoE has a big event today at 16:00 pm PST (0:00 GMT), which will be broadcasr live on their new EQN landmark twitch channel. Yes, that's right, the landmark channel.

Just relax and see how today develops, and if you get up tomorrow and still have no Alpha you can make a copy of this thread. If you do have an Alpha, you owe people a big apology, because not only were you given Alpha a month before the official release, they also released exactly as promised.

I Paid 60 bucks to basically test a unfinished product, Im not apologizing to pony tail guy or anyone at SOE. Next time they should not make promises or annoucments they can not keep. I am the Customer & I am always right.

• Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• sanshi44sanshi44 Member UncommonPosts: 1,187

They said before 28th of feb, he also said it appear it be rdy muc hearlier than that around end of january. They also having a big celebration thing where people can go to there office on the 31st of jan have a tour of the office and play some landfmark alpha of course they also have to sign a NDA, My theory is they have there thing on the 31st and they open alpha up to the public on the following monday so the 3rd.

https://www.everquestnext.com/news/san-diego-landmark-community-celebration-january-31-2014-eq-eq2-eqn-eql here ur alpha for the 31st

Originally posted by thunderC

I Paid 60 bucks to basically test a unfinished product, Im not apologizing to pony tail guy or anyone at SOE. Next time they should not make promises or annoucments they can not keep. I am the Customer & I am always right.

Check where u purchased the founder pack alpha is end of feb or before and closed beta end of march or before, after that u can bitch.

Offtopic to my own post but is there going to be enemy npc/mobs at launch? I know they said no combat at launch but does that mean there is just going to be a big empty world with no life whatsoever? I dont understand we are just going to be resource gathering & building, thats it right....
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

Offtopic to my own post but is there going to be enemy npc/mobs at launch? I know they said no combat at launch but does that mean there is just going to be a big empty world with no life whatsoever? I dont understand we are just going to be resource gathering & building, thats it right....

Non mobs at start of alpha from what im aware they have showed one of them off http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJ82hYF0aJE, but wont be in at start of alpha. You be testing resource gather, crafting and the building tool to begin with from what i know maybe more. It is an alpha remember.

Looks like they might make good on their promise, According to these reddit users and their investigative research, Take a look, seems SOE is going to release the game for DL Tonight to coincide with their EQ party 

http://www.reddit.com/r/EQNext/

• Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• AmbrosiaAmorAmbrosiaAmor Member Posts: 915

Haha love the picture thread! Pony Tail Guy is awesome! Not so sure about SOE though...

Oh thanks for the reddit update!

• udonudon Member UncommonPosts: 1,803

Looks like they might make good on their promise, According to these reddit users and their investigative research, Take a look, seems SOE is going to release the game for DL Tonight to coincide with their EQ party 

http://www.reddit.com/r/EQNext/

That's been my guess for a while now.  Alpha launch will be announced at the party.

• TuchakaTuchaka Member UncommonPosts: 468
    Originally posted by tom_gore
    Originally posted by azarhal
    Originally posted by Elikal
    I am mildly annoyed about this as well. Not much, but a bit. Make no promises if you can't keep them.

Good thing that they haven't promised anything beside the earlier or on Feb 28th.

The Landmark team is putting all nighter right now, they want it out just as much as we do.

This. It's not the developers fault if people take Smed's tweet of "looks like it's going to be January" as a promise.

This is how i see it people wanna call it a promise cause then they can feel justified in being angry they didn't get the game this month. Tentative dates change very often in gaming its kinda normal if you look at the big picture.

• AlleinAllein Member RarePosts: 2,139
    All that hard work with the pics...
  • CazNeergCazNeerg Member Posts: 2,198
    Smedley tweeted again; it starts today.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194

To be honest, they said it would release in December 2013, but anyway................ it's SoE

No point getting hot and bothered.

Learn how no to trust what SoE says, so you won't be disappointed later.

PS: Lol at Pony Tail Guy, and yes he really is cheesy.

• AderewAderew Member UncommonPosts: 46

Alpha starting today according to smed!

Link

• weaseltjeweaseltje Member UncommonPosts: 19

it's been announced on the FB page to

https://www.facebook.com/LandmarkEQN

• MavolenceMavolence Member UncommonPosts: 635
    I hope a lot of people in this thread are feeling the awkwardness of being both wrong and dicks about it.
  • MightykingMightyking Member UncommonPosts: 235

You and your entitlement get smacked by the facts today. (insert ignorant remark to express anger).

• NephaeriusNephaerius Member UncommonPosts: 1,671

didnt that cheesy looking guy from sony 

Promise us 

That this 

Was going to be released in 

I fail to see your point?  Dates get pushed back all the time. If those that bought in didn't think that was a possibility or the date was some kind of promise or guarantee this must be their first video game. Fail troll is fail.

Steam: Neph

• VikingGamerVikingGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,350
    This thread is full of the kinds of people who 150 years ago would already have a man hung and dead an hour before the not-guilty verdict came back from the court.

All die, so die well.

• Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960

Most of the 'customers' in this thread are the reason companies shouldn't give out dates more than a week in advance, and then only if 100% sure. The self-entitlement everywhere these days is truly mind blowing.

"OMG! They said we'd get alpha in January, but it was actually February 1st! SOE SUCKS! BLAAARRRGGGHHH!!!"

It would be funny if it weren't so sad.

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic