It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
I am venting here because I can NOT reach Square-Enix. Their customer support has me in an infinite loop, or catch-22, whichever you prefer.
I created an account for S-E for their FFXIV:ARR beta. After seeing the game was not for me, I DELETED my account on September 17, 2013. I am STILL getting "monthly newsletters" e-mails from them. Apparently not ALL my info was deleted. I am wondering what else is still on their records.
- I get these e-mails from "no-reply" so replying to them will accomplish nothing.
- Each e-mail has a "wonder button" called "unsubscribe/edit account where there is NO option to unsubscribe unless YOU HAVE AN ACCOUNT.
- I go to their website to try to contact them to get my e-mail off their garbage list.
- In order to do ANYTHING on their site, you MUST have an account. well... mine is "invalid" because I deleted it.
- Forums are a no-go. Gotta have an account to even post there, too.
- No phone number listed that I could find.
So, in order to get my e-mail deleted from their database, I have to create an account. Then, I get to through all over again in order to get that new-mail deleted from their database.
This situation is not unique to Square-Enix. I have run into this problem in MANY, many websites. You can create an account with just a few clicks, but getting that account totally removed (to avoid future spam) is another thing.
I suppose if I reddit this, it may get a little more attention, but I'm not a fan of reddit.
- AlPersonally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.