Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ranked Arena exploiter still kicking, now at world wide rank 52

I posted about this in my other thread but this needs its own thread.

How EA treats a game breaking bug:

When a Ranked Arena ends and not all the players on one team are killed, a mechanic puts a gas out from the edge of the arena towards the center, that puts a dot on the player and places him out of stealth.

A player, ÝólòØüêúèßãdåss(he most likely wrote his name like that so nobody can report him) has managed to find a way to teleport outside of the Arena, so he is the last one standing, winning every game. He is now rank 52 worldwide.

This issue has been reported for over a week in the PvP forums, bug reports, etc with screenshots and a lot of people complaining. 

Nothing has happened.

Today i felt something must be done so i used the Developer Tracker to find the last post made by a developer, namely TaitWatson and i replied to that thread(it was in the bug reports section) asking him to look at the thread describing the Ranked Arena Exploit. I then made a thread about this in the PvE forum, hoping to at least get any kind of reaction.

10 minutes later my posts and thread were gone... but still no answer. So i replied again to the thread where TaitWatson wrote and asked why did they delete my post and if they plan to do anything about the exploit.

I am now banned for 3 days from the SWTOR forums and any thread about the issue has been deleted.(as i am unable to find them)

Please note that while they took a lot of action to hide that there is a problem, the problem is not yet fixed in any way... and no response was given to anyone.

I figured they can`t delete the thread if i post it here, so here it is. Everyone should know the truth, even if it is not what EA/BIOWARE would like you to know.

I will post here if they fix or even admit this problem exists... or ban the player exploiting the issue.(he is just one guy nobody else had even managed to do that once, however he is doing it in every arena game)

Could it be too much to ask a member of the MMORPG.com staff to ask them about this? I would really like to know why were all the threads deleted 10 minutes after a post in a thread where a dev posted... when the threads were there for a week before that, ignored.

Comments

• skyline385skyline385 Member Posts: 564

So no one cared about your last thread after which you go and create a new one with the same complaints with ZERO proof. In both the threads you say your threads on swtor.com are deleted which just shows more about the lack of proof. You have no and absolutely zero proofs for any of your claims. Furthermore, you are putting the blame and accusing a player without proof as well.

Why do people do this on this site? Create make-believe stories just to justify their hate and try to convince others to do it even though they fail at every turn. I mean, why really? After seeing this go on for over a year, i thought it would die out but it just doesn't. I just don't know what to say now....

• skyline385skyline385 Member Posts: 564

----------

• doodphacedoodphace Member UncommonPosts: 1,858

OP...you have so many lies that multiple people proved in your other thread, do you actually think that people are going to take you serious in this one?

• ArChWindArChWind Member UncommonPosts: 1,340
    Did you ever think that maybe he is the exploiter?
    ArChWind — MMORPG.com Forums

If you are interested in making a MMO maybe visit my page to get a free open source engine.
  • TorcipTorcip Member UncommonPosts: 669
    It's the same reason almost every game forum automatically deletes threads about exploits on their official forums, to keep attention away from it so others don't go seeking out how to do it. It's damage control and until the problem is fixed they want as few people knowing about it as possible to mitigate the amount of people doing it. There are proper channels to reports exploits and hacks and the official game forums is not one of them.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

Instead of seeing "concerned" players,i see responses that do nothing but call the OP a liar,guess you don't care about the integrity of your game?

I don't personally know of this cheat but if there is pvp there is cheating in EVERY game.Sounds like he is saying the player was not marked,seems straight forward to me,should have been at least looked at as well as game logs.

Any dev team SHOULD take cheating serious,it ruins an entire game and why devs usually try to keep it quiet and do nothing.All this took was a response of maybe 5 words,"we will look into it",not that tough but i guess their recourse "the immature one"was to just  HIDE the thread and keep all quiet.

If their community reps can't type 5 words in response,they are not worth supporting,take that ban further and stop playing their game.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• alexhpy98721alexhpy98721 Member UncommonPosts: 264

What part do you guys think is a lie? 

Both the bolster part is true, as i stated, its in the PvP sticky on the SWTOR forums... so if that doesn`t convince you, i don`t know what will.

This warping this, go to that player`s server, ask the people there, don`t take my word for it. They had screenshots of him doing it, but as i said they removed the thread... apparently he was even bragging in general chat after they called him out.

I managed to find this thread, confirming what i just said about the cheater.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=717538

I know its hard to believe but... everything i said is true. The funny part is... as the guy said, the threads vanished, but the guy is still not banned. :-)

As for why i made a new thread, there are 2 separate issues, and the other one got confusing when i started talking about this player exploiting.

As i previously stated, if you play SWTOR just verify this information, and after you do maybe create a ticket/thread anything to show you know about it and wait it fixed. As apparently they just want to put it under the rug and do nothing.

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    If this is the most important thing that happens in your day.... I don't envy you.
    Originally posted by Torcip
    It's the same reason almost every game forum automatically deletes threads about exploits on their official forums, to keep attention away from it so others don't go seeking out how to do it. It's damage control and until the problem is fixed they want as few people knowing about it as possible to mitigate the amount of people doing it. There are proper channels to reports exploits and hacks and the official game forums is not one of them.

I agree. But so far nobody was able to replicate that. A lot of people tried, as this has been reported for over a week already... nobody replicated the issue. So there is just ONE exploiter so far, it should be easy for them to find him, his name was posted multiple times... screenshots were posted with him doing it and so on.

What is annoying for me personally and from what i can tell for a lot of other people is there lack of response. They simply ignored the issue until the number of threads asking them if they will do anything started to grow... then they just went and deleted every thread, and most likely temporarily banned the people that created them, as there are no new threads about this.

Basically, it would take a lot less time to ban one exploiter than to search all the forums find every thread and delete it.... 

All they are doing is making their customers furious... as this is no way to treat us.

I posted here so the story stays alive, and when people come looking about information about the game they know exactly what to expect from EA/BIOWARE. Sometimes i think its a test to see the point where their customers snap and lose it. :-) 

Either way, i will repeat myself, if you don`t  believe me, you have enough information to just verify for yourself. I mainly want to show everyone the truth, especially as they did all their best to hide this. I don`t think any company should be allowed to do this, so i`m doing what i can to stop them or at least point them out.

Originally posted by DamonVile
    If this is the most important thing that happens in your day.... I don't envy you.

I agree with you, i could be doing something else... but if we all ignore the problem it will never go away... we just won`t see it anymore.

If we all do our little part and refuse to be treated like cattle, they have to change, after all, they need our money don`t they?

I`m just trying to do my part. Do yours! :)

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    Originally posted by alexhpy98721
    Originally posted by DamonVile

I agree with you, i could be doing something else... but if we all ignore the problem it will never go away... we just won`t see it anymore.

If we all do our little part and refuse to be treated like cattle, they have to change, after all, they need our money don`t they?

I`m just trying to do my part. Do yours! :)

If you think posting negative things about that game here is going to change anything in the game....you obviously don't read these forums enough.

You might as well write your thoughts on a snowball in hell for all the good it will do.

Originally posted by Dewguy79

Man you don't follow very well do you.  The guy knows they are on to him he's not going to do it.  Because you think you need to spread the word you are making the situation worse.  It's been one week!  Oh my close the game until they can find this mysterious Jedi/Sith, if the haters couldn't take down Swtor this one player is making everyone so furious he will destroy Swtor in a week!  Yeah sounds silly when it's laid out like that hmm.  Relax buddy your going to survive you can stop spreading how to cheat I believe that's against the rules here too.

There is no cheat spreading here... NOBODY ELSE except that guy knows how to do it. Others have tried to replicate it, no luck. He is most likely either using a 3rd party software or messing with his connection... or i don`t know.

Also, don`t get me wrong, i am not mad about this, i still play the game and etc. But i do want them to get this fixed and i also want everyone to know how they threat their customers.

As for him not doing it... he even talked in the General Chat on his server bragging about it... he isn`t exactly hiding this.

I`d wish more could do it, imagine if half the server did it... they would either fix it or give up on the PvP part of the game. :))

But unfortunately(or fortunately, depends) its just one guy... 

As for my 1 week thing.. its the RANKED Arenas, things like this are hot fixed within hours, i gave up on WoW after vanilla but i remember them hot fixing exploits within HOURS. 

In SWTOR they don`t even bother to answer us, they just delete the threads and ban people from the forums... 

Either way, the truth is out, i think its better like this. If people think they are doing the right thing by deleting threads and not solving the problem, its their opinion. You already know mine.

• VarossVaross Moderator UncommonPosts: 11,414
    Please keep the discussion to one thread.
    To give feedback on moderation, please contact [email protected]
This discussion has been closed.