Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SWTOR Stuck in Coruscant

So, as Im a F2Per on SWTOR, and there's no way for us to get game support in the official forums or even in-game, I feel I'll have to ask other users to see if they have had the same problem. I've had this problem with Two characters so far (I deleted the first one, started again, and got to the same point the second time with the same problem). In Coruscant I have been unable to use the taxi service as there are no destinations, even though for the mission "Stolen Secrets" it's required - at first I thought maybe there's another taxi place around the plaza area to get a speeder but there's no sign of it - I don't know if anybody else has had the same problem, but I am not willing to pay for a game that I am unable to play because of something that seems to be a problem. And because someone in the game who is F2P can't submit any bugs or anything (which in my opinion is a STUPID idea, I don't know ANY other F2P where that is the case), or post in official forums (again only F2P where I know this to be the case),  I had to resort to here. Now, if something like this doesn't get sorted, I'm sorry but I'm not willing to spend my money on a game that doesn't work, there's other F2P games with payment options that work properly, one of course being one of their main rivals that went F2P a couple of years ago (and the support is much better for them), so if somebody who has paid to be able to report bugs please report this on my behalf (considering I cannot) that would be fantastic. Hopefully Bioware will see the report and sort it out. 

Comments

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888

So you can't get to the Old Galactic Market?

On thing that comes to my mind: Has the game finished downloading all the files? I think the new version of game client lets you play up to some point while download is still in progress, but it should stop you already when you try to leave the first planet if that were the case.

Did taxis on the first planet work correctly?

EDIT: Have you tried switching instances. If there's something wrong with that taxi, and you've both times tried the taxi in same instance, switching to another instance of the planet could help. It's unlikely, but one idea that you could try /EDIT

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Is the message that you have no destinations unlocked?  I found a thread about this, but the player had to have the destinations unlocked by a GM or developer.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=530885

There is also a UI bug where you have to stand right next to the droid, or it doesn't work.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=394174

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• versulasversulas Member UncommonPosts: 288

Common enough bug after the recent patch, I believe. Relogging fixed it for me (though I'm going to assume you've tried that).

ed:

Also, lots of freemium games don't provide live customer support for f2p players- eq2 and lotro for example. It sucks, but it's really the only option that their skeleton crews can handle.

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063
    Nope never had that problem. So your clicking the arrow above the droid's head and nothing pops up?Or is the map popping up and not giving you destinations?

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• SimmyishSimmyish Member Posts: 2

Originally posted by Vrika

So you can't get to the Old Galactic Market?

On thing that comes to my mind: Has the game finished downloading all the files? I think the new version of game client lets you play up to some point while download is still in progress, but it should stop you already when you try to leave the first planet if that were the case.

Did taxis on the first planet work correctly?

EDIT: Have you tried switching instances. If there's something wrong with that taxi, and you've both times tried the taxi in same instance, switching to another instance of the planet could help. It's unlikely, but one idea that you could try /EDIT

The game has indeed finished downloading all the files, I've even reinstalled the game twice already to see if that has worked and not even begun playing it unitl the files were completely downloaded. Taxi's on the first planet worked fine and I have also tried switching instances, none of that has worked

Originally posted by lizardbones

Is the message that you have no destinations unlocked?  I found a thread about this, but the player had to have the destinations unlocked by a GM or developer.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=530885

There is also a UI bug where you have to stand right next to the droid, or it doesn't work.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=394174

The message isn't that I have no destinations unlocked, the map comes up but there's no destinations on the map

Originally posted by versulas

Common enough bug after the recent patch, I believe. Relogging fixed it for me (though I'm going to assume you've tried that).

ed:

Also, lots of freemium games don't provide live customer support for f2p players- eq2 and lotro for example. It sucks, but it's really the only option that their skeleton crews can handle.

Relogging was indeed my first course of action, and nope that didn't work. 

Thanks everyone for the help so far, Im gonna try it again today and see if anything has changed.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

It sounds like the UI bug.  For some reason, standing really close to the droid keeps it from happening.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• shaolin_dragonshaolin_dragon Member Posts: 3

I have recently started playing the same game, and am stuck in the exact same place on the same mission. When clicking the taxi droid, the map comes up but there are no destinations on it. I have tried downloading the launcher again, I've removed the local appdata to the desktop to see if that helps. Any member of my group (if i make one) can see the destinations. But I cant. No I've restarted the computer but no change.

I'm unable to create a help ticket as I'm F2P.

Moving closer to the droid makes no difference.

At this point, I cannot progress with the game, so fear I may have to delete it and not play it again. Downloading another 25Gig doesn't appeal to me.

Has anyone tried anything else and got this to work?

Thanks