Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Solo Mission Runners Under Attack!

KrenusKrenus Member Posts: 26

With the new scanning methods

any player with level 1 scan skill can scan down mission gates.

solo mission runners can make 100 mil in a day without trying.

since plex can be purchase in game for between 600 to 650 mil.

a solo mission runner would never have to use cash to pay for his game.

i believe that CCP as seen this as not exceptable

so they now have put into the game (rank 5 scan skills at rank 1).

your mission will be scanned down and entered.

CCP wants these solo mission runners harass

Comments

• HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    Ccp has hated mission runners for a long time.
  • HazelleHazelle Member Posts: 760

It costs 15 dollars to subscribe to the game.

It costs 20 dollars for a PLEX.

So, every PLEX CCP can sell puts five dollars into their pocket.

But according to you, CCP would rather have people pay a sub at a monthly loss of 5 dollars?

15 dollars is not a greater amount than 20 dollars.

If you had a choice between getting 15 dollars a month or 20 dollars which would you prefer?

• saurus123saurus123 Member UncommonPosts: 678
    Originally posted by Hazelle

But according to you, CCP would rather have people pay a sub at a monthly loss of 5 dollars?

If you had a choice between getting 15 dollars a month or 20 dollars which would you prefer?

ppl will rather quit the game than pay real money for it :P

• mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,626
    Originally posted by Hazelle

I PICK 4 DOLLARS

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Its been possible to scan down mission runners for years, i was scanned down while in a mission about 6 or 7 years ago, although scanning might have been a bit harder then, its not like it took all that long to get the skills to do so, all they have done is simplify the 'controls' to make scanning quicker and less of an 'art form'. Not sure why you've only just discovered that your not safe anywhere in Eve, not if someone is determined enough and if in high sec, willing to lose a ship or ten to do so. And if your in a corp that has been wardec'd you always watch local, because if you've been wardec'd and your in a mission when one of them arrives in system, you can be pretty sure that in a few seconds they'll be in there with you.image
  • itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999

if it's just a solo person trying to kill you in your level 4, and you are competent at running your level 4 and are doing so in high sec, you are completely fine, he wont kill you before he gets concordokkened.

the only thing he might do is steal your salvage which is kinda lame but beter than losing your mission ship

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• DamediusDamedius Member Posts: 346

I used to get scanned down in missions from time to time in high sec. Never attacked though. They would usually be players that would appear red.

I'm guessing they were hoping I would attack them so that they wouldn't suffer any repercussions.

The real attack on solo mission runners is how mind numbingly boring they are. I couldn't do them for more than a week without feeling physically ill and wanting to bash my head off the wall.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by Damedius

The real attack on solo mission runners is how mind numbingly boring they are. I couldn't do them for more than a week without feeling physically ill and wanting to bash my head off the wall.

^

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• CalfisCalfis Member UncommonPosts: 381
    Originally posted by itchmon

the only thing he might do is steal your salvage which is kinda lame but beter than losing your mission ship

Its not lame, they steal your salvage for a reason, to get you to lose your ship.