Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SWTOR still lacks customization.

RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157

I installed SWTOR again yesterday because I wanted to see if it really had changed much.

1.) As soon as the game loaded I made a new character.

Open my character creation Tab, Nope can't customize my armor's appearance like in Rift, Runes OF Magic, or anything.

2.) Did a Google search found this.

http://www.swtor.com/gameupdates/customization

So basically I only get a discount if I want to Recustomize my character even if I am a paying subscriber?

. How about you give me this option (FREE) as a subscriber?

This is where I have to tell you in my Opinion Rift, is going to be more successful as far as being Free 2 Play vs Pay 2 Enjoy like SWTOR is.

Sure I am upset about Rift when it came to purchasing a cosmetic weapon in the past and having to buy transformation items for it, but they quickly fixed it and refund the points I spent in cash shop, and later when I get $100 to blow for the game I am going to purchase everything in their cash shop cosmetic wise, and for expansion content etc.

This is where Rift is doing it (Right) compared to SWTOR, I don't have to worry about limited cosmetic sales, I can use in game armor, or cash shop armor go through over 100 pieces of armor from (Level 1) and customize my characters appearance if I want to.

They also have housing, I can get housing from level 1 pretty much, and customize my housing.

Installed SWTOR, found myself very disappointed in the game, I love Star Wars, but the game developers have no idea what they are doing, if the game had the right customization I would stay around to play for awhile, but for now its between Dark-Fall, EVE & Rift for me.

Comments

• OldMMOGamerOldMMOGamer Member UncommonPosts: 100
    ok
  • XerenixXerenix Member UncommonPosts: 237

This thread belongs in Rift forum as it's more about Rift than Swtor. Nothing in the post about improving SWTOR except doing exactly as Rift.

The only problem i have with Customization in SWTOR is the character ones which excluding Hair,  has very limited options.

As for armor, i can go through 10-50 different armor pieces at level 10 since they are plenty of them for sale in GTN(AH) for 100 credits and so.

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    Originally posted by Xerenix

This thread belongs in Rift forum as it's more about Rift than Swtor. Nothing in the post about improving SWTOR except doing exactly as Rift.

The only problem i have with Customization in SWTOR is the character ones which excluding Hair,  has very limited options.

As for armor, i can go through 10-50 different armor pieces at level 10 since they are plenty of them for sale in GTN(AH) for 100 credits and so.

Where are the customization slots then under character selection where you put your equipment of (C) key I see none.

If SWTOR was improved to be more like Rift with customization I would likely be playing it right now.

• XerenixXerenix Member UncommonPosts: 237
    Originally posted by Renoaku
    Originally posted by Xerenix

Where are the customization slots then under character selection where you put your equipment of (C) key I see none.

If SWTOR was improved to be more like Rift with customization I would likely be playing it right now.

No customization slots as you use adaptive gear in your gear slots. The adaptive armor/weapon changes the armor type depending on your class and you upgrade them with armor/weapon modifications to change stats and level.

The armor mods can be crafted by cybertechs or be bought from planet commendation vendors with planet comms which drop like crazy. Can also take out the mods from raid loot and such and put them in your preferred armor skin.

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100

While it is true the game has adaptive armour it also has armour that can be made by synthweaving or armormech that is normal non adaptive armour that have some unique looks which I use on both my toons and their companions. Since we get so many companions I often mix it up as it can get quite tedious changing mods,armouring,enhancements on each piece of armour.

Since we have all these companions it reminds me of playing dress up like I did when I was growing up. Even my husband is always trying to get a better colour for Khem's loin cloth. I do not think Khem is too pleased he may just eat him.

Of course if I find some really awesome piece I just keep the look since it is adaptive by just changing the mods.

The armor now can also be dyed and I have managed to be very happy to change my rather drab rags to prettier rags on my Jedi. Well they look like Jesuit monks really but now they have some snazzy purple going on. I do agree with Kira though the Sith have the best fashion since every fashion designer joined the dark side .

Chamber of Chains
  • bobdole1979bobdole1979 Member Posts: 210

well we already know that SWTOR is FAR more succesful then Rift has been at any point in Rifts life. 

SWTOR actually has a ton of custimization in fact its more then the majority of MMOs out there.  With adaptive armor, dyes, color crystals,  and  match to chest and so on its an incredibly deep level of custimization.  

In fact there is far more custimizable armor in SWTOR then there is in Rift.   The custimization is just different then what you are used to in other games and once you understand how it works you will see its far deeper then any most MMOs

• CaskioCaskio Member UncommonPosts: 339

Why add more customization when you can add more dailies and keep people around longer?

/sarcasm

"If you're going to act like a noob, I'll treat you like one." -Caskio

Adventurers wear fancy pants!!!

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818

Installed SWTOR, found myself very disappointed in the game, I love Star Wars, but the game developers have no idea what they are doing, if the game had the right customization I would stay around to play for awhile, but for now its between Dark-Fall, EVE & Rift for me.

Yeah to me star wars has always been about playing dress up. Stupid devs....

• CazNeergCazNeerg Member Posts: 2,198

Changed, not improved.  Appearance tab systems are fundamentally lazy and uninspired, so I'm happy TOR doesn't have one.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

• WicoaWicoa Member UncommonPosts: 1,637

I hate swtor as much anybody (l.o.b reference) but this reads like an advert for rift.

For some people FYI playing character dress up is a key part of an mmorpg, look at the old city of heroes costumes were a meta game in themselves with player made competitions daily for the best outfit!