Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone else hyped to play Archeage?

MalanthiusMalanthius Member UncommonPosts: 13
I know I'm a little late to the game. (no pun intended) ;) But I just learned about this game not too long ago and was blown away at what I saw! Just trying to find out if there is still some hype out there for it?

Comments

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    Originally posted by Malanthius
    I know I'm a little late to the game. (no pun intended) ;) But I just learned about this game not too long ago and was blown away at what I saw! Just trying to find out if there is still some hype out there for it?

Yes there is some hype left................ not much though

• phantomghostphantomghost Member UncommonPosts: 738

I thought it sounded neat awhile ago. 

Then I saw videos of it and well that ended any chances of me playing.

• Tindale111Tindale111 Member UncommonPosts: 276
    It has cars in it am I hyped NO
  • Mr.KujoMr.Kujo Member Posts: 383
    Weird question, of course there is some hype left. Even the most pathetic kickstarter projects have some people that are excited over them, why would this game be any different than any other? Even tiniest bit of marketing from past is enough to get some people wet over product, it is the reason this business still works.
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

No.

But I might be curious enough to take a look at it after it releases.

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646

It's one of the few MMORPG's I'm looking forward to in the coming years, so yup ..

I'm a little worried of a potential P2W cash shop though .. but at least the game won't be a generic clone like so many other upcoming titles look.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Not hyped for it. Black Desert however, yes.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    The 1.0 update has me very concerned.  I will still try it of course.  Not many options out there for people sick of linear themepark quest grinders (which is the direction this seems to be heading sadly).  
  • MalanthiusMalanthius Member UncommonPosts: 13
    Originally posted by Ice-Queen
    Not hyped for it. Black Desert however, yes.

I'm actually looking forward to both of these games. Good to see that there is some hype left. :) I sure don't see many other new mmorpgs out there that will compete with either of these. Maybe Wildstar. But that is looking pretty themeparkish IMO.

Originally posted by Mr.Kujo
    Weird question, of course there is some hype left. Even the most pathetic kickstarter projects have some people that are excited over them, why would this game be any different than any other? Even tiniest bit of marketing from past is enough to get some people wet over product, it is the reason this business still works.

Not sure why you thought it was a weird question. Especially when you don't see many threads on Archeage here on the front pages. And considering the responses which were kind of mixed. All I was trying to do was see some responses and interest. You my friend need a chill pill for the attitude.

• Preacher26Preacher26 Member UncommonPosts: 381
    All depends on how Trion impliments the cash shop. If its like the Korean shop, sadly I will pass.
    Originally posted by Preacher26
    All depends on how Trion impliments the cash shop. If its like the Korean shop, sadly I will pass.

I hear ya. I'm not fond of PTW games. But I would still probably give it a try. At least until Black Desert comes out.

• mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,626
    I was.. about a year ago. If Trion is able to get this released sometime within the next 6 months i'd say it can be successful. Otherwise they will be contending with some other decent titles.
  • drakaenadrakaena Member UncommonPosts: 506
    Not anymore
  • jazz.bejazz.be Member UncommonPosts: 962

I stay away from hype. It's useless. Think about it. What is it good for? It can even completely spoil my fun. I like to start a game with a clear mind and it works very well so far.

But ok I'm looking forward to play Archeage, but in all honesty I know very little about it, just enough to keep me interested.

• SephrosSephros Member UncommonPosts: 429
    I used to be pretty excited about the game. Now not so much. They just flat out took to long to release here.

Error: No Keyboard Detected!
    Press F1 to continue......

• Crazy_StickCrazy_Stick Member Posts: 1,059
    Honestly OP, I was hyped for it until I read the internet.... :)
  • GameboyMarcGameboyMarc Member UncommonPosts: 395
    I don't get hyped anymore for MMO's.

• tiagotbp190tiagotbp190 Member Posts: 28

My hype before 1.0 korean patch 10/10

after 8/10

Lets hope that xlgames dont ruin the game completly with their patches.