Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Female Character Model revealed

BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/12426480/artcraft-a-first-look-1-23-2014

And WOW (no pun intended) is it unbelievable.

New models/animations of this caliber, for all players and most NPC's in most/all of the towns/cities/etc. is going to have a MASSIVE effect on the game (graphically of course.)

Comments

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979
  • ZzuluZzulu Member Posts: 452
    She's got a bit of a vacant stare going on but otherwise a vast improvement, obviously

Much, much better (IMO) due to be LESS stylized than even EQN:

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910
    I wonder what kind of impact this will have on performance with all the extra higher def pixels floating around.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

Originally posted by Zzulu
    She's got a bit of a vacant stare going on but otherwise a vast improvement, obviously

Because there is zero animation and this is the "neutral/default" pose for pre-animation/expression.

Originally posted by lizardbones
    I wonder what kind of impact this will have on performance with all the extra higher def pixels floating around.

I doubt much, as Pandaren models use the same tech and polygon/pixel as does all of Pandaria.

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

I mean in the end its still not graphically impressive, though it is a huge improvement over the current graphics. Too bad I feel most players left wow since its getting old and its making terrible decision after terrible decision that such changes are likely not going to spark any desire to come back to it, specially if those decisions remain in game.

None the less, it should help at least make things look a bit better. Specially after having not played the game since cataclysm, looking at screen shots really makes me realize how dated the game looks as the stylized graphics aren't enough anymore to carry its look.

Still, its going to take more then character models if they want to keep things looking nice, such as working on prominent background details. Ragnarok Online skates by looking nice due to its sprite art, though even that game its apparent the 3d clunky look some things have in the game at times if you look closely. 3D focused games like wow aren't able to hide such details as easily.

• nax38nax38 Member Posts: 41
    Originally posted by Purutzil

I mean in the end its still not graphically impressive, though it is a huge improvement over the current graphics. Too bad I feel most players left wow since its getting old and its making terrible decision after terrible decision that such changes are likely not going to spark any desire to come back to it, specially if those decisions remain in game.

None the less, it should help at least make things look a bit better. Specially after having not played the game since cataclysm, looking at screen shots really makes me realize how dated the game looks as the stylized graphics aren't enough anymore to carry its look.

Still, its going to take more then character models if they want to keep things looking nice, such as working on prominent background details. Ragnarok Online skates by looking nice due to its sprite art, though even that game its apparent the 3d clunky look some things have in the game at times if you look closely. 3D focused games like wow aren't able to hide such details as easily.

Haven't you seen how pandaria looks?

Originally posted by nax38

No, ignorance is easier!

Not to mention all of Azeroth being redone already in Cataclysm.. but those are just "details" and "facts."

• Pratt2112Pratt2112 Member UncommonPosts: 1,636

Wow, that's looking great. I don't play WoW often, but it'll be nice to see my Warlock get a nice upgrade/make-over.

I'm really eager to see where they go with the rest of the races. The Dwarves look equally great in their updates.

Blizzard's been updating their tech considerably over the last few expansions. Pandaria, in particular, is gorgeous and ridiculously detailed. It's nice to see them bringing the assets up to the same level of quality, to better show it off.

• FappuccinoFappuccino Member Posts: 159

Well holy crap. That looks great. Also, it really does stay true to the "overall look and spirit of the original".

Good job.

• simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607
    Looking really good. God, I hope this expansion doesn't suck me in like TBC and WoTLK did. Ain't nobody got time for that! 
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

Looks good.

But the thing that has my looking forward to this expansion are the gear revisions.

Most of my toons are all Human Male. That's the one I'm waiting to see. Although I mostly just see the back of it's head anyway. LOL

Going to be really interesting to see all the new models animated and armored in game.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910
    Originally posted by BadSpock
    Originally posted by nax38

No, ignorance is easier!

Not to mention all of Azeroth being redone already in Cataclysm.. but those are just "details" and "facts."

Pandaria looks a lot better than the Cataclysm content.  Hopefully WoD will look even better.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130

Going to be really interesting to see all the new models animated and armored in game.

By animated, you mean running around Stormwind in their underwear, don't you?

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• LorgarnLorgarn Member UncommonPosts: 417

Looks great,

but tell me, am I the only one who got a slight vibe of 'overly attached girlfriend'?

Originally posted by Lorgarn

Looks great,

but tell me, am I the only one who got a slight vibe of 'overly attached girlfriend'?

Yes.....

You are.

Originally posted by CrazKanuk

By animated, you mean running around Stormwind in their underwear, don't you?

Hah no. I'm glad they didn't hyper-sexualize the model all too much. Going to be interesting to see how "updated" the female Night Elves and Blood Elves are going to be...

• versulasversulas Member UncommonPosts: 288
    I'm still bitter that it took them a decade to get to this point, but thankful that it finally arrived. Now, if we could only get armor dyes- oh, wait...
    Originally posted by versulas
    I'm still bitter that it took them a decade to get to this point, but thankful that it finally arrived. Now, if we could only get armor dyes- oh, wait...

At least you aren't in the camp still waiting for Anarchy Online's upgrades.

Well, Idunno, maybe you are.

Originally posted by GeezerGamer

I'm just so happy we have Transmog.

Warlords is going many thing I agree with for WoW-

1. Item squish - about time

2. New models- beautiful and also about time

3. Ability bloat squish - also about time and much needed

4. Profession revamps- still only rumored, but much needed. Blacksmith/Mining/Herbing/Fishing/Cooking got the love in Pandaria

5. Dungeon/Raid changes- I support 4 raid tiers, improved Group Finder, etc. - more "choose your own adventure" at end-game than "please make yourself fit into this hole."

6. New open world PvP zone- we'll see how it works out, but ability and item squish will hopefully also have positive effects on PvP

7. Garrison's- perfect way to do housing in WoW I think

8. Less dailies- I hate dailies

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    Its about time too.  Might try it out when they update it.
    Originally posted by GeezerGamer

I'm just so happy we have Transmog.

Warlords is going many thing I agree with for WoW-

1. Item squish - about time

2. New models- beautiful and also about time

3. Ability bloat squish - also about time and much needed

4. Profession revamps- still only rumored, but much needed. Blacksmith/Mining/Herbing/Fishing/Cooking got the love in Pandaria

5. Dungeon/Raid changes- I support 4 raid tiers, improved Group Finder, etc. - more "choose your own adventure" at end-game than "please make yourself fit into this hole."

6. New open world PvP zone- we'll see how it works out, but ability and item squish will hopefully also have positive effects on PvP

7. Garrison's- perfect way to do housing in WoW I think

8. Less dailies- I hate dailies

I like your list. But I will say this.

I don't care for the profession Discovery System the way it is now. Early on in an expansion, Sure, it's valid. But leveling alts later? Gah!!!! Who needs 2 months of PVP blues before getting an epic recipie? I think that once the next tier of gear comes out (Or however it's planned in WoD) these semi-obsolete recipies should be taken out of Discovery and given to a vendor and the rest of the Discovery System becomes accelerated as a result.

I don't see the harm in someone who just leveled their Warrior to cap within the past week or so along with BS having access to QL 553 epic recipies.

• ArthasmArthasm Member UncommonPosts: 785
    Damn, that's looks good! Can't wait for freaking beta!