Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Trion has done a terrible job at communicating.

cnutempcnutemp Member UncommonPosts: 230

Saw this post and thought it deserved a repost.  Trion has done a terrible job with status updates on archage

mail.ru = 200+ news updates for russian archage

wildstar = wildstar wednesday

EQnext has round tabes

The Repopulation has constant dev communication on their forums as well as interviews.

Its been complete radio silence from Trion.

They need to hire a community manager and let their customer base know what the heck is going on.

from: http://archeagesource.com/topic/2439-archeage-protest-1-at-trions-livestream-10-1-2014/

We don't blame Trion for not having released the game yet. ArcheAge just hit CBT in Russia and Mail.Ru only had to translate the game to Russian. Every human being with a brain bigger than a peanut should understand that translating a game to three languages takes longer than translating a game to a single language. 

We blame Trion for their incredibly retarded ignorance. Go check http://aa.mail.ru/news and see how many news, interviews, events, contests, lore information etc. Mail.Ru released since January 2013. It's 223 posts. Now go to http://www.archeagegame.com/en/news/. Three posts after almost a year of nothingness. All hail glorious Trion. Or maybe check community management of other upcoming AAA MMORPGs. ESO fans get an 'ask the devs' on a regular basis, there is 'Wildstar Wednesday' or the EQNext 'Round Table'. What did we get? Just the same generic phrases and promises over and over again. 

Don't you see how their failure to care about their fans poisoned the community? So many fansites already ceased to exist because people lost interest and the remaining ones are struggling to keep their team members motivated. Or go check the size of Russian guilds: http://aa.mail.ru/guild. The 'biggest' EU/NA guilds are even losing many of their two dozens of members. The community is bleeding dry and even the most passionate people who have put so many effort in making the community what it is are losing hope. How blind can someone be to still not realize that all this is a huge fucking piece of bullcrap. 

Comments

• jdnycjdnyc Member UncommonPosts: 1,643

How about you do some actual research as to why you haven't heard much? 

Game just entered friends and family.  There was nothing to report because XL games is doing the development for the west.  Just like they did for Russia.  Trion is the distributor.  

• mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,626

Personally (and i'm probably in a small minority) I don't mind the lack of hype advertisements and constant sources of information being thrown in my face everywhere I go. They do it with just about every AAA title. 

Edit: Every now and then I just open up this little site: http://www.archeage.com/en#index  and enjoy the nostalgic music. Reminds me of the UO treasure chest login screen.

• cnutempcnutemp Member UncommonPosts: 230
    Originally posted by jdnyc

Game just entered friends and family.  There was nothing to report because XL games is doing the development for the west.  Just like they did for Russia.  Trion is the distributor.  

[mod edit]

mail.ru = distributior http://aa.mail.ru/news  223 posts

Now go to http://www.archeagegame.com/en/news/

• cnutempcnutemp Member UncommonPosts: 230
    Originally posted by mcrippins

Personally (and i'm probably in a small minority) I don't mind the lack of hype advertisements and constant sources of information being thrown in my face everywhere I go. They do it with just about every AAA title. 

Edit: Every now and then I just open up this little site: http://www.archeage.com/en#index  and enjoy the nostalgic music. Reminds me of the UO treasure chest login screen.

i dont like hyper either, but i would like to know whats going on and how progress is going.

• sacredfoolsacredfool Member UncommonPosts: 849

In an alternate universe:

Trion is overhyping AA, this is nothing but a PR stunt! 

They constantly talk and talk about this game, their Community Manager never shuts up and yet we still can't play! Why don't they release it already! I call vapourware!

Originally posted by nethaniah

Seriously Farmville? Yeah I think it's great. In a World where half our population is dying of hunger the more fortunate half is spending their time harvesting food that doesn't exist.

Originally posted by cnutemp

[mod edit]

Lol!  

THAT'S BECAUSE THEY HAVE NO NEWS TO REPORT.  THEY AREN'T IN CHARGE OF MAKING/DEVELOPING THE GAME.

[mod edit]

• mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,626
    Originally posted by sacredfool

They constantly talk and talk about this game, their Community Manager never shuts up and yet we still can't play! Why don't they release it already! I call vapourware!

I see what you did there!

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

Are you 10?

The Russian version is already in Beta, that's why they are communicating.  There is nothing for Trion to communicate at the moment except for the fact that they agreed to publish it in the West.  All the other information about the game and the Korean version are readily available, why should they waste their time regurgitating it?

They will start letting people know about the westernised version when information becomes available.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Originally posted by sacredfool

+1. Spot on, this is exactly what EQN is encountering at the moment.

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    They're localizing the game and have just entered friends and family beta..what more is there to tell....want them to sit on your lap and tell you stories ?
  • fantasyfreak112fantasyfreak112 Member Posts: 499

^Pretty stupid response. ArcheAge has been all but silent compared to it's upcoming competition and anyone that knows anything about business knows marketing is the 2nd most important part of your product. Never seen a company so allergic to fans as Trion.

• Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960

Even something along the lines of, "Hey guys, still no real news to report other than that localization work is continuing on schedule / ahead of schedule / behind schedule. As soon as we've got something more for you we'll be sure to let everyone know. In the meantime, here's a few new screenshots / a video / an interview / a forum Q&A / a piece of lore / etc.", goes a long way when it comes to keeping people interested. A little blurb like that once a week does wonders for PR these days. The worst thing any company can do is let fans / potential customers feel forgotten about or ignored.

Just an observation from an outsider who has no real interest in the game.

Oh, and as for the people saying, "Do a little research", congratulations on missing the point. People shouldn't have to dig through the web to find out information like that; they should have heard it from Trion.

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646

Sheesh .. give Trion a chance?

I mean it's really their first chance at a big MMORPG.

Rift was small.  Defiance is miniscule.

Perspective people !!!

ArcheAge is immense.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• lunatiquezlunatiquez Member UncommonPosts: 381

you may want to check blade & soul west

no news whatsoever since December 2012

yes, 2012

i agree with Solar_Prophet

a good publisher should build the hype continuously to keep their fans engaged

anything will do, post a new trailer, some screenshots, fanart, or maybe some community events

even a mediocre f2p mmo publisher like aeriagames do that

Originally posted by fantasyfreak112

^Pretty stupid response. ArcheAge has been all but silent compared to it's upcoming competition and anyone that knows anything about business knows marketing is the 2nd most important part of your product. Never seen a company so allergic to fans as Trion.

Oh really?  And if they didn't know when the game would be ready to roll out because they are waiting on XL games, how should they market it?  No.  Let's just waste money rather than wait until they have a target quarter for the product to come out before they start to heavily market it.  

Originally posted by Solar_Prophet

Even something along the lines of, "Hey guys, still no real news to report other than that localization work is continuing on schedule / ahead of schedule / behind schedule. 

Oh you mean like this?

http://archeagesource.com/topic/2298-results-of-scott-hartsmans-live-qa-on-mmorpgcom/

The problem is that gamers are impatient children and MMORPG gamers in particular are some of the worst.

• LlexXLlexX Member UncommonPosts: 200
    Originally posted by evilastro

Are you 10?

The Russian version is already in Beta, that's why they are communicating.  There is nothing for Trion to communicate at the moment except for the fact that they agreed to publish it in the West.  All the other information about the game and the Korean version are readily available, why should they waste their time regurgitating it?

They will start letting people know about the westernised version when information becomes available.

How come you say that there is nothing to report for Trion? Seems like you just don't care...

For the note:

Mail.ru started giving out infos 6 MONTHS BEFORE THE BETA.

Tencent the Chinese publisher giving out infos regularly since they announced as the publisher 1.5 YEARS BEFORE.

Trion, complete silence since Elrar left ~7 months ago, nothing worthy has been said since then, just the usual "empty talk".

• asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788

With the random AA stuff that keeps popping up (sloth gliders, race cars, etc), it's possible they may not really know how to market it in the U.S..  Back when word of AA was first getting out, it was kind of marketed as a high-fantasy sandbox mmo with modern graphics and open world PvP.  It wasn't until a little over a year ago that people started to realize it's more like Second LIfe or Perfect World, where it has all kinds of stuff that have nothing to do with high-fantasy.

How do you market that kind of game here in the US?  The game doesn't seem to be built on any kind of solid idea, and instead just has a bunch of stuff thrown in.  And that's not even going into the whole in game currency issue.

Plus, Trion doesn't really have any control over the game.  They are just publishing it in certain regions.  What's even worse for them, is ArcheAge was released in different regions with different game versions at different times.  It launched in Russia with an older client than the version that was live in Korea, so who knows what client gets launched in the U.S..

I'd hate to be Trion right now.  They probably didn't expect this crap when they sought publishing rights.

You make me like charity

Originally posted by asmkm22

With the random AA stuff that keeps popping up (sloth gliders, race cars, etc), it's possible they may not really know how to market it in the U.S..  Back when word of AA was first getting out, it was kind of marketed as a high-fantasy sandbox mmo with modern graphics and open world PvP.  It wasn't until a little over a year ago that people started to realize it's more like Second LIfe or Perfect World, where it has all kinds of stuff that have nothing to do with high-fantasy.

How do you market that kind of game here in the US?  The game doesn't seem to be built on any kind of solid idea, and instead just has a bunch of stuff thrown in.  And that's not even going into the whole in game currency issue.

Plus, Trion doesn't really have any control over the game.  They are just publishing it in certain regions.  What's even worse for them, is ArcheAge was released in different regions with different game versions at different times.  It launched in Russia with an older client than the version that was live in Korea, so who knows what client gets launched in the U.S..

I'd hate to be Trion right now.  They probably didn't expect this crap when they sought publishing rights.

what changed?

It's still a sandbox style MMO.  Race cars were explained via lore.  It's still fantasy.

Did helicopters kill WoW? nope. If players creations are killing your high fantasy sandbox experience, then I wouldn't play games with character creations.  Stick to themepark if you want everything scripted.

• asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788
    Originally posted by Karteli

what changed?

It's still a sandbox style MMO.  Race cars were explained via lore.  It's still fantasy.

Did helicopters kill WoW? nope. If players creations are killing your high fantasy sandbox experience, then I wouldn't play games with character creations.  Stick to themepark if you want everything scripted.

Well that explains why everyone was blindsided by the racecars and beach parties...  If your memory is short, do a google search and see practically every publication express the same confusion when that footage showed up.

I'm not saying it's bad, or shouldn't be in the game.  I'm just saying it wasn't what people were expecting when they were first getting excited about it several years ago.  If basic setting information like that wasn't well communicated, why is anyone surprised about the current state?

You make me like charity

Originally posted by Karteli

what changed?

Well that explains why everyone was blindsided by the racecars and beach parties...  If your memory is short, do a google search and see practically every publication express the same confusion when that footage showed up.

I'm not saying it's bad, or shouldn't be in the game.  I'm just saying it wasn't what people were expecting when they were first getting excited about it several years ago.  If basic setting information like that wasn't well communicated, why is anyone surprised about the current state?

everyone does not include "everyone" apparently.  Perhaps you should be more careful of your stereotypes and inclusive word choices?  or are some people not included...

Publications don't impress me much, since the "press" just jumps on every buzz possible to get hits.  You should know this, since you've been around awhile.  This game, that game, they strike whatever they can..

The mechanisms of the vehicles are part of the lore, so to those following the game, it's not really a huge surprise.

• Kuro1nKuro1n Member UncommonPosts: 775
    Originally posted by LlexX

Are you 10?

Lol!  

THAT'S BECAUSE THEY HAVE NO NEWS TO REPORT.  THEY AREN'T IN CHARGE OF MAKING/DEVELOPING THE GAME.

are you finally understanding yet?

wow

You are the one jdnyc who needs to do more research and not the OP, both with Mail.ru and Trion to see the whole picture, since you know nothing about whats really happening.

What's really happening?    Hartsman gave you an update in October.  They also gave an update in November.  Making you feel special isn't a priority when dealing in business. 

This is impatient fanboy rage and you guys are looking for someone to blame.  That simple.

You are so clueless it is hilarious. Archeage NA/EU is like Duke Nukem Forever, promised news, beta and stuff "soon" but "soon" is never happening. Impatient? Both LlexX and the rest of us have been waiting for many years now, Trion steps in as publishers and promises this and that but just don't give a fuck in the end. I think we've earned the right to be a bit mad. I am personally going to play the Russian version because Trion is shit.

• tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001

Are you 10?

Lol!  

wow

You are the one jdnyc who needs to do more research and not the OP, both with Mail.ru and Trion to see the whole picture, since you know nothing about whats really happening.

What's really happening?    Hartsman gave you an update in October.  They also gave an update in November.  Making you feel special isn't a priority when dealing in business. 

This is impatient fanboy rage and you guys are looking for someone to blame.  That simple.

Their updates have told us jack shit. That's why we are mad. The game was originally planned to launch in 2013. Now it's lucky if it's launches in 2014. We should be just happy about that?

The fact is Trion fucked up their business last year with End of Nations and Defiance and we have to suffer because their bad business and development decisions.

And we aren't allowed to be mad? Come on.

• MalviousMalvious Member UncommonPosts: 218
    Originally posted by tom_gore

Are you 10?

Lol!  

wow

Their updates have told us jack shit. That's why we are mad. The game was originally planned to launch in 2013. Now it's lucky if it's launches in 2014. We should be just happy about that?

The fact is Trion fucked up their business last year with End of Nations and Defiance and we have to suffer because their bad business and development decisions.

y u heff toe bi zo med?

Fine, we'll compromise. I'll get my way & you'll find a way to be okay with that.

• ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142
    Originally posted by tom_gore

Are you 10?

Lol!  

wow

When did trion promise that the game would be launched in 2013?

Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.