Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Archeage first impressions

ZefireZefire Member Posts: 676

So i couldnt stand waiting for trion to localize this game as they are moving worse than turtles and i decided to buy archeage russian version through their site.

The price was very good nearly 15-20 bucks for 3 or 4 months of sub plus beta access plus plus plus

I started downloading asap and jumped into the game.

From the character creation creation i realised that the premade faces of characters had the russian feel and all faces tend to look more like russian.

Hope the same happens to eu/us and faces look more westernized.

Anyway i created my character did a few quests but something was not feeling right.

Then i realised that something was desturbing my experience.

It was the music.After i turned the music off and after 1-2 hours i started feeling the game and it's world.

Then i decided to go for exploration and see some things this game has to offer.

Guess what.

I was blown away.

The world is vast and huge and at last god heard us and there are no loading screens,no instances and all that bull crap.

At last the mmo jesus is coming.

Ships are awesome 

I didn't dig into this game deep but the whole concept and the feel of the game is supreme and with good care it can only get better.

At last a sanbox game with no fucking loading screens nor limitations to the player.

Hope trion removes chinese music and sounds and the cars because these are big problems for the immersion of a western player.

[mod edit]

Comments

• AdokasAdokas Member CommonPosts: 217

Heh, after reading your last line, I thought "This game must be designed for retards".

• TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026
    Originally posted by Zefire

People that do not know the national language(english) are just retards 

Other than this incredibly ignorant statement (it is being regionalized for 'merica only) ...

glad you like the game and it is one I truly hope is regionalized quickly so I can try it. Conceptually it interests me far more than ESO. I just hope it releases around the same time. No eta what so ever makes this seem unlikely.

You stay sassy!

• adderVXIadderVXI Member UncommonPosts: 727
    Man i hope your right, but i think you lose some momentum with your comment about people that may not know the "national language".  Hell, im American and dont know any other languages, and sometimes dont utilize the only one i know very well... 

Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master.

George Washington

• TerminalDeityTerminalDeity Member UncommonPosts: 133

OP bashes people who do not speak english (by the way, the United States officially has NO "national language"), yet can barely spell himself.

• ZefireZefire Member Posts: 676

Dont worry the game is incredible.

And dont listen to people about gangs i cant solo and other bullshit.

MMos are meant to be played with others and not for a solo career.

Those who want a solo career there a tons of single player rpgs.

Dragons dogma,skyrim etc.

If they want to play a true mmorpg they ve got to be part of clan in order to survive.

Those that have problems beeing around with other players then mmos are not for them.period

Finally im not having problems with other languages but the eu/us release starts pssing me off so i have to get rid of that negative energy.

Oh and fuck you trion again

• Jonas_SGJonas_SG Member UncommonPosts: 475

MMO gamers know English in Germany and France. I also think there is no need to translate to anything other then English this days.

But the delay with NA Archeage is not because of translation - Trion has finished with it i think. XLgames - Korean Devs - are the only one that can change anything in the game. So now they are working on:

1) Korean 1.0 version of the game - release in January 2014  

2) Chinies Beta Client - released some time in 2014

3) Russian Beta Client - release some time in 2014

4) Trion is waiting in line. - on pause.

3-4 month is only for CBT - Mail.ru granted you 1000 stones, which you can turn in to 3 Month of subscription + 200 stones. All of that will be wiped, once Open Beta test begins.

The 600 Russian Ruble Early Access Package comes with 40 days subscription. After that the Sub price is 8-9 $ pr. month.

Russian CBT can drag for months to come, so it's a lot of free time to play for the price of Early Access Package.

• ZefireZefire Member Posts: 676
    Originally posted by Jonas_SG

MMO gamers know English in Germany and France. I also think there is no need to translate to anything other then English this days.

But the delay with NA Archeage is not because of translation - Trion has finished with it i think. XLgames - Korean Devs - are the only one that can change anything in the game. So now they are working on:

1) Korean 1.0 version of the game - release in January 2014  

2) Chinies Beta Client - released some time in 2014

3) Russian Beta Client - release some time in 2014

4) Trion is waiting in line. - on pause.

3-4 month is only for CBT - Mail.ru granted you 1000 stones, which you can turn in to 3 Month of subscription + 200 stones. All of that will be wiped, once Open Beta test begins.

The 600 Russian Ruble Early Access Package comes with 40 days subscription. After that the Sub price is 8-9 $ pr. month.

Russian CBT can drag for months to come, so it's a lot of free time to play for the price of Early Access Package.

Anyway it worths the money i ve spent.

If trion makes this game subscription based ill start looking for an english patch or something in order to play the russian version which is free.

• SinellaSinella Member UncommonPosts: 343

Oh and one last thing fuck you trion for taking too long to release this game to eu/us.

Why tha fuck are you localising the game in 3 different languages.

And this game is not designed for retards.

Hmm. Can you please define the national language of the European Union ? Or you simply don't know what that eu means...or you think that EU is a country ?

• LlexXLlexX Member UncommonPosts: 200

Anyway it worths the money i ve spent.

If trion makes this game subscription based ill start looking for an english patch or something in order to play the russian version which is free.

You just have no clue how the RU F2P system works in AA, don't you?

I'll tell you a secret, it's more like a "trial", that would be a better word for it, since you won't be enjoying 80% of the content if you don't wish to spend money at all.

• jazz.bejazz.be Member UncommonPosts: 962

The national language :-)

Since when is the EU a nation.

Just one comment to make your whole opinion quite embarrassing.

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    Originally posted by Sinella

Oh and one last thing fuck you trion for taking too long to release this game to eu/us.

And this game is not designed for retards.

Hmm. Can you please define the national language of the European Union ? Or you simply don't know what that eu means...or you think that EU is a country ?

Yeah English is not the official EU language, but it is the Lingua Franca of EU.

Kids now can speak English quite well, though with different accents (some quite strong), while in some countries like Sweden, Denmark and Holland they speak better English than English people.

English will become eventually the official EU language as part of the full political and economic integration which will happen in the next 10-15 years, when the EU will become a Nation.................. not just yet though.

• ozmonoozmono Member UncommonPosts: 1,211
    If there was a half decent English patch/mod that I wouldn't get banned for using than I'd probably give this a try today.
  • AdokasAdokas Member CommonPosts: 217
    Originally posted by Vutar
    What if the reason Trion is taking so long to bring it to the U.S. is because they are turning it into a single player game in order to appeal to the "western mmo crowd."

True! If everyone can't own a big castle, then someone will inevitably cry about it. :x

• JinxysJinxys Member UncommonPosts: 488
    I really really hope they don't over westernize it. The charm of AA for me was the original Korean version <3 . I love how the faces look. And what awful Chinese music are you talking about? The games Soundtrack is gorgeous.
  • TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026
    What if the reason Trion is taking so long to bring it to the U.S. is because they are turning it into a single player game in order to appeal to the "western mmo crowd."

Why so bitter?

Does Trion have track record for single player games?

What logic led you to saying that besides internal bitterness?

You stay sassy!

• Entropy14Entropy14 Member UncommonPosts: 675

The reason why its taking Trion so long to bring this game to North America is because it is taking a very long time to make this into a themepark :p  jk  ..   Well I hope to hear more positive things about this game, and I do hope that the combat system will be a lot of fun....and unlike some , I do hope this game requires grouping here in NA,

Like you said, although for me I will say it in a more polite way, there is plenty of solo MMO's out there for people to choose from, it is due time to get a good group sandbox game.

• JJ82JJ82 Member UncommonPosts: 1,258
    Originally posted by ste2000

Yeah English is not the official EU language, but it is the Lingua Franca of EU.

Really? feel sorry for Germany, Poland, Czecj Rep, Slovakia, Sweden, Latvia, Lithuania, Austria....Germanic is not tied to Mediterranean languages. Nor are the Uralic languages used by Hungary, Estonia or Finland whom are also members of the EU.

"People who tell you you’re awesome are useless. No, dangerous.

They are worse than useless because you want to believe them. They will defend you against critiques that are valid. They will seduce you into believing you are done learning, or into thinking that your work is better than it actually is." ~Raph Koster
    http://www.raphkoster.com/2013/10/14/on-getting-criticism/

• RelGnRelGn Member Posts: 494
    Originally posted by Jinxys
    I really really hope they don't over westernize it. The charm of AA for me was the original Korean version <3 . I love how the faces look. And what awful Chinese music are you talking about? The games Soundtrack is gorgeous.

Yes for chinesse music it may be gorgeous but i dont know a lot of people that they like chinesse music in the west,especialy in a medieval mmo setting

Originally posted by JJ82
    Originally posted by ste2000

Really? feel sorry for Germany, Poland, Czecj Rep, Slovakia, Sweden, Latvia, Lithuania, Austria....Germanic is not tied to Mediterranean languages. Nor are the Uralic languages used by Hungary, Estonia or Finland whom are also members of the EU.

At least do you know what Lingua Franca means before typing random stuff on the keyboard?

I'll do the job for you since you could not be bothered..........

"A lingua franca (also called a working language, bridge language, vehicular language or unifying language) is a language systematically used to make communication possible between people not sharing a mother tongue"

• Mr.KujoMr.Kujo Member Posts: 383

Pretty sure that is not the reason why the game is so much delayed. Probably it just doesn't have the highest priority, and resources are currently placed elsewere.

Westernizing takes time too... 'Murica definition of fun is way way different than in eastern countries. They need to change a lot, and changing a lot of details hurts the main concept... so like in most westernized games, the quality will drop drastically. But at least it will suit people like OP.

• ozmonoozmono Member UncommonPosts: 1,211
    Originally posted by Mr.Kujo

Pretty sure that is not the reason why the game is so much delayed. Probably it just doesn't have the highest priority, and resources are currently placed elsewere.

Westernizing takes time too... 'Murica definition of fun is way way different than in eastern countries. They need to change a lot, and changing a lot of details hurts the main concept... so like in most westernized games, the quality will drop drastically. But at least it will suit people like OP.

My understanding is they have and are changing a lot in the East aswel, since the Koreans first got their hands on it that is. A lot of those changes, like the crafting ones for example, I hope don't make their way over to the English version when it finally hits.

Lol................... funny thing is that it might not be a joke.........

This discussion has been closed.