Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just got dumped.

VicodinTacoVicodinTaco Member UncommonPosts: 804

I dated a girl back in high school for over four years.  The relationship ended 12 years ago.  She dumped me.  I was devastated.  It took forever for me to move on. 

5 years ago she got back in touch with me.  She wanted to hang out etc. and I did so reluctantly for a few years here and there when she was in town.  This summer she told me I was her soul mate and that she loved me and would do anything in the world if I would just forgive her....

Strong words....  I fell back in love with her HARD.

Four months later she screwed some other dude a few times behind my back and just dumped me....

DID NOT see that coming...

f o r e v e r    a l o n e

Comments

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912
    Sorry to hear it. Getting dumped always sux.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• SirPKsAlotSirPKsAlot Member Posts: 224
    Sucks dude, you'll be okay with some whiskey and a couple one-night stands.

Currently playing: Eldevin Online as a Deadly Assassin

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    Sounds like that girl is still in high school, emotionally unstable and playing games.  Find a real woman that knows what she wants and respect you as a man.
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Originally posted by ElRenmazuo
    Sounds like that girl is still in high school, emotionally unstable and playing games.  Find a real woman that knows what she wants and respect you as a man.

^ Pretty much what he said.

Consider yourself fortunate that you found out before you got in too deep (married and with kids and such).

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• plat0nicplat0nic Member Posts: 301

harsh dude but everything like this makes you stronger in the future.  Plus girls hear stories like this, as long as you don't whine to them ad nauseum, and eat it up as you are the victim and the sensitive one who got hurt.. It'll most likely help you in the future

Edit: PS - don't mean to go off topic but just saw your siggy SirPKsAlot and got excited as it's the first time I've seen someone else with an Eldevin signature.. Look me up in-game and let me buy you an ale :)

Main Game: Eldevin (Plat0nic)
    2nd Game: Path of Exile (Platonic Hate)

• LaserwolfLaserwolf Member Posts: 2,383

Follow her next time she is on a date with another guy and damage the crap out of her car in the parking lot. From what I understand, this is not considered to be a crime but rather a socially acceptable way to get justice.

Oh, and also, next time you're going down the highway too fast in icy weather paying very little attention to the dangerous road conditions with your innocent baby sleeping in the back seat and amazingly you hit a patch of ice and starting sliding:

Instead of trying to work with the steering wheel and brakes to keep your car from flipping or careening into oncoming traffic try throwing your hands up and telling Jesus Christ to take the wheel.

• fistormfistorm Member UncommonPosts: 868

Be happy you got to experience love, and the hell afterwards.

Use this pain to never be with a woman again and above all else, make sure you never have kids with any women for the rest of your life,  Or you'll feel this pain x 100 but this time, theres another life involved so don't do it!

• BarrikorBarrikor Member UncommonPosts: 373

She's obviously got problems. You're better off looking for someone else.

• BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821

A good rule of thumb... Never and I repeat NEVER get back with someone who either cheated on you or just flatly dumped you as they will undoubtedly do it again as soon as it's convenient for them. Just FYI.

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

• plat0nicplat0nic Member Posts: 301
    Live and learn. Hopefully it doesn't happen too many more times or else you will get jaded and put the walls up. Good luck though...

Main Game: Eldevin (Plat0nic)
    2nd Game: Path of Exile (Platonic Hate)

• dragonslayer4everdragonslayer4ever Member Posts: 22

Sorry to hear that bro. :( We all learn from our past and will eventually get over it. I am sure by now you will be more matured in terms of relationship and trust. You were kind hearted to give her another chance but she blew it up once again which is her biggest mistake and in future she will definitely regret what she has done to you. I always believe in karma. What comes around, goes around. 

Be happy dude~!! :)

• AnslemAnslem Member CommonPosts: 215
    Originally posted by Brenelael

A good rule of thumb... Never and I repeat NEVER get back with someone who either cheated on you or just flatly dumped you as they will undoubtedly do it again as soon as it's convenient for them. Just FYI.

Bren

^This!

Played: Ultima Online - DaoC - WoW -

• HulluckHulluck Member UncommonPosts: 839
    Originally posted by Brenelael

Bren

I tend to like judge each situation on it's own merit.  While cheating isn't good. I've seen (people I know, not all cases one very specific though) push their wife into someone elses arms.  I don't know, the whole praising about how she's your wife and you love her so much you won't ever be with anyone else.  Then turn around and call her a whore among friends and family to her face and they all snicker away.  She had not done anything even remotely close to deserving it. After a year or two of this.. Surprise she finally sleeps with another person. Not right but it is what it is.

Having kids in any unstable relationship makes both parties pieces of crap.

• dekkion1dekkion1 Member UncommonPosts: 152

its yor fault bro for just dating one girl

,never just date one girl

i got 4 so if one fukks up u got 3 to fall back on. and you never get hurt . just sayin

gammer 4 life
  • AkuzimoAkuzimo Member Posts: 20
    ^
    And you sir, are what's wrong with today's relationship culture.
  • mmofanaticsmmofanatics Member Posts: 24

couldn't agree more to Akuzimo. =P stick to one is always the right thing.

• MagiknightMagiknight Member CommonPosts: 782
    OP. Consider yourself lucky. You're not in a relationship anymore.
  • spartan9spartan9 Member Posts: 9

Ouch! Sorry to hear that.

That's so mean. But don't be to hard on yourself.. just think that there is karma for everything that she has done.

• jesadjesad Member UncommonPosts: 882
    Do you know the girls name?  I'd like to buy that female an ALE!

• crack_foxcrack_fox Member UncommonPosts: 399
    It's never nice, but you just have to put it behind you. If you didn't see it coming, perhaps you let yourself see what you wanted to see? And if she's genuinely manipulative or deceitful or just simply very insecure, you haven't really lost anything worth keeping. 
  • OrinatiaOrinatia Member Posts: 3
    (((Internet hugs!))
  • spartan9spartan9 Member Posts: 9

Ouch! That's mean... well only time can heal... just focus on yourself first..

and don't think that you'll be forever alone... there will be that girl who will enter your life in a right time.

• mmofanaticsmmofanatics Member Posts: 24

I agree, karma is always there smiting all the people who do bad things to others. Don't you worry dude, maybe there is just a good reason why this thing happens to you. There might be someone else who will come in your life which is better than the girl who dumped you.