Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So we need all four(including catacomb) to play...

heffyendheffyend Member Posts: 64

we need all four to play or just one orginal and catacombs....( damn wanted to plya EQ2 too... requirment is too high...)

Comments

• JulianDracosJulianDracos Member UncommonPosts: 1,528

Originally posted by heffyend

we need all four to play or just one orginal and catacombs....( damn wanted to plya EQ2 too... requirment is too high...)

I think this has been answered before on here, but I will do it again.  First of all the original game is no longer sold.  For those that did not buy the first expansion they got it for free.  They do not make the Gold edition (the first expansion and game together) any longer either as far as I can tell.  If you find one it is a very old copy.  The free trials are the original game and 1st expansion.

So unless you have a store that sells very old games or you buy it off of the net you will be unable to find any version of the game except the Platnium edition.  That is the only one sold and contains the original game plus the first 2 expansions.  It is $20 or less and would be much cheaper than buying all of the expansions if you could find them.

Now there is something you should know - you cannot pick and choose your expansions.  For example their new expansion coming out this Fall.  In order for you to be able to play that you will need Catacombs.  Catacombs need ToA.  ToA needs SI, SI needs the original game. 

But to sum things up in order to play the game you just need the original game w/ SI.  If you do not have it you can get it free.  If you want to play Catacombs you will need ToA.  You can buy this seperately or buy the platnium edition. 

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991

the platinum edition is around $15-20.

catacombs is another $15-20.

$40 at most total, that's still 10 bucks cheaper than most MMOs at purchase price. image

Joined - July 2004