Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Steam Sale/Christmas..What did you get?

spookydomspookydom Member UncommonPosts: 1,782

OK team time to pony up. I spent too much money this time I think, although I probably won't have to buy any games this year until the next Steam sale.;)  How did you guys do in this, the traditional quest of PC gamers for new stuff? What are you pleased with or not so happy about?

Purchases - Football Manger 2014, Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate edition, Upgrade to Civ 5 Gold edition, All the crusader Kings 2 Xpacs from The Republic onwards, Tomb Raider, Another Eve account,  Brutal Legend, Payday 2, Day Z standalone, Might And Magic: Heroes IV, Diablo 3.

Gifts - Guild Wars 2, Assassins Creed IV: Black Flag, Insurgency, Dragon Age 2.

Comments

• FearumFearum Member UncommonPosts: 1,175

I got Dayz Standalone, not much out there that really interested me. This year was a weak year for gaming, got burned by SimCity, BF4 is fun but still has issues and DFUW was fun for a bit but they just fell off the face of the earth with the updates and the game lost most of the population. Other than that I really didnt buy any other games this year.

Oh but on topic, Dayz was the only game I bought on steam.

I did get a new monitor, Asus VG278HE and 144htz gaming is pretty damn sweet.

• sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373
    Originally posted by Fearum

I got Dayz Standalone, not much out there that really interested me. This year was a weak year for gaming, got burned by SimCity, BF4 is fun but still has issues and DFUW was fun for a bit but they just fell off the face of the earth with the updates and the game lost most of the population. Other than that I really didnt buy any other games this year.

Oh but on topic, Dayz was the only game I bought on steam.

I agree not much out there that interested me either.  I did get XCOM and took a chance on a few cheap games which I regretted.  Xcom is good but the other two I purchased were not.  I love the idea but it was not a strong year for games IMO.

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Nothing, I don't buy anything from Steam.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• kabitoshinkabitoshin Member UncommonPosts: 854
    Tomb Raider, Just Cause 2, Left for Dead 2 ( thanks Valve) , Max Payne 3. and Battlefield Bad Company 2. Really want DayZ but deciding on that or Metal Gear Rising.
  • kabitoshinkabitoshin Member UncommonPosts: 854
    Originally posted by Ice-Queen

Well since you whent out of your way to post, why don't you buy from steam?

• AnzieAnzie Member Posts: 468

I bought 3-5 games forgot some they just had a nice price tag. Biggest mistake I made it 30minutes ago with Dark Souls can barely play I need a freaking controller.

Originally posted by Spathotan
    The simplest way to put this, is like this. Buying a used/refurbished 360 is on the same plane as sharing a condom in a gangbang with strangers.
  • alakramalakram Member UncommonPosts: 2,301
    I didn't feel like spending too much but got Tomb Raider (the new one) for 9,99 €. Was a ncie deal :D

• spookydomspookydom Member UncommonPosts: 1,782
    Originally posted by Anzie

I bought 3-5 games forgot some they just had a nice price tag. Biggest mistake I made it 30minutes ago with Dark Souls can barely play I need a freaking controller.

There is a fan made mouse patch, google it. It's unplayable on a pc on mouse and keyboard without it. You will be glad you did. It's an awesome game. Also there is a patch to get decent monitor rez's. Been so long since I played it forgot where to find them but sure you will find on google.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/211420/discussions/0/864979455329386779/  Check that out. 

• TheMaahesTheMaahes Member Posts: 185
    Dragon Age: Awakening, Divinity II, Divinity: Dragon Commander, Divine Divinity, Gothic 3, Age of Empires II, Two Worlds II, and Witcher II.
  • I got Dayz,Rpg Maker, Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition, Eve and 5 plex.

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Originally posted by kabitoshin
    Originally posted by Ice-Queen

Well since you whent out of your way to post, why don't you buy from steam?

I only play mmorpg's and buy directly online from the companies, from amazon.com or a box if I have to. No reason for me to buy from steam, though I do have family members that buy a lot from Steam.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• TheMaahesTheMaahes Member Posts: 185
    Originally posted by Wyrdfell

I got Dayz,Rpg Maker, Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition, Eve and 5 plex.

How is RPG Maker? I was thinking of snagging it but I stuck with games instead,

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

Bought a handful of games in the sale that i've pirated throughout the past year and thought were decent.

I used to buy tonnes of crap in Steam sales but don't anymore, i must have upwards of 100 unplayed games between their sales over the years and humble bundles.

• DerrosDerros Member UncommonPosts: 1,216

Got Dust: an Elysian Tail, for free by selling cards, Fantastic metroidvania-lite sidescroller

And I grabbed Bioshock: Infinite for $10 since I heard it was good.

• Originally posted by TheMaahes
    Originally posted by Wyrdfell I got Dayz,Rpg Maker, Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition, Eve and 5 plex.
    How is RPG Maker? I was thinking of snagging it but I stuck with games instead,

I love it. It is a lot easier than I thought to make your own world, your own story. I'm really enjoying it. If you like the jrpg genre, you can create your own and have fun with it.

• PreythanPreythan Member Posts: 66
    I bought Rust, Might & Magic: Heroes VI, The Witcher 2, and Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition.  Dark Souls has to take the cake for worst port ever!  Practically unplayable with keyboard and mouse.
  • AnnwynAnnwyn Member UncommonPosts: 2,854
    Purchased: Batman:Arkham Asylum, Dishonored, Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition, Guns of Icarus Online, Civ 5, Starbound, Trine 2, Two Worlds II. Also picked up L4D2 for free.
  • stealthbrstealthbr Member UncommonPosts: 1,054
    I bought EVE, considering it cost me 2 dollars for the game and a free month. I also bought Dark Souls and Dishonored.
  • marcuslmmarcuslm Member UncommonPosts: 263

Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes - $4.99

Mark of the Ninja - $2.99

Defiance - $4.99

Dishonored - $14.99

Rage - $9.99

Final Exam - $6.69

Wanted to get Spelunky but the sales switched and I missed it.

I would still like to get Dark Souls, Bioshock Infinite, Shank, Shank 2, Valdis Story..but I am tapped out for now.

Love the Steam sales! Games for $5, cmon!

• AnzieAnzie Member Posts: 468
    Originally posted by spookydom
    Originally posted by Anzie

There is a fan made mouse patch, google it. It's unplayable on a pc on mouse and keyboard without it. You will be glad you did. It's an awesome game. Also there is a patch to get decent monitor rez's. Been so long since I played it forgot where to find them but sure you will find on google.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/211420/discussions/0/864979455329386779/  Check that out. 

Nice thank you I should hace done that, but i forgot.

Originally posted by Spathotan
    The simplest way to put this, is like this. Buying a used/refurbished 360 is on the same plane as sharing a condom in a gangbang with strangers.
  • ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

Anno 2070

Going Home

Nancy Drew The Ghost of Thronton Hall

^__^

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert