Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Entropy - Open Alpha

Pretty good game. It's in alpha, the current features are Mining, Trading, PvE combat as well as PvP Combat.

The world is open, and currently explorable via a 2D map, if you want to PvP for instance, you run into another player on the map and it will create an instance in full 3d where you will battle.  

Groups can enter instances together, The population is a bit low currently but it's only been on steam for maybe 3 weeks?  That being said, did a bit of 3v3 PvP yesterday.  If you think this would appeal to you, might as well get in now, there will be no character wipes they said, and it's easy to get ahead trading while the population isn't too high.

I put in a lot of hours so far, I think it has pretty good potential and the developers are active on the steam forums.

Game on steam:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/255500/

Entropy Population:

http://steamcharts.com/app/255500

Here you can see a developer talking with me on the forums back and fourth for about 2 days about Plasma weapons:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/255500/discussions/2/630800445109276408/

Comments

• strawhat0981strawhat0981 Member RarePosts: 1,198
    wow it took you more than 10 years to make your first post.

Originally posted by laokoko
    "if you want to be a game designer, you should sell your house and fund your game. Since if you won't even fund your own game, no one will".

• strawhat0981strawhat0981 Member RarePosts: 1,198
    I have been thinking about getting the game.

Originally posted by laokoko
    "if you want to be a game designer, you should sell your house and fund your game. Since if you won't even fund your own game, no one will".

• RahzZalintoRahzZalinto Member Posts: 3
    Originally posted by strawhat0981

Yeah, it is still in alpha but I enjoy it lol.  I think the biggest problem is population right now.

Lol yeah, been using this site for a while....not too active on the forums.  =)

• mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,626
    I always snicker a little bit when people talk about open world space games :p
  • AlumicardAlumicard Member UncommonPosts: 388

Open Alpha = 20$ to play an unfinished game

• MalanthiusMalanthius Member UncommonPosts: 13
    Originally posted by RahzZalinto

Yeah, it is still in alpha but I enjoy it lol.  I think the biggest problem is population right now.

Lol yeah, been using this site for a while....not too active on the forums.  =)

Haha I thought I was bad! Same here. Used the site a bit but never felt like participating in the forums until recently.

• JimmacJimmac Member UncommonPosts: 1,660
    Originally posted by Alumicard

Yeah, "open" implies free. "Open alpha" to me means the current alpha build is free to try. This cost $20 though to get into the alpha. I'll try it free.

• LustmordLustmord Member UncommonPosts: 1,114

looks good.. reminds me of Black Prophecy.

what happens when you die? Is it full loot?

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by Jimmac
    Originally posted by Alumicard

Yeah, "open" implies free. "Open alpha" to me means the current alpha build is free to try. This cost $20 though to get into the alpha. I'll try it free.

i'd hesitate to buy into a game in Beta, i think you'd have to have a pretty good reason to pay to get into an alpha image

• ruonimruonim Member Posts: 251

Old trend : sell betas

New trend: sell alphas

in few years:

New trand++ : sell game cg and audio samples

• plat0nicplat0nic Member Posts: 301
    whats the url for Entropy open alpha plz?

Main Game: Eldevin (Plat0nic)
    2nd Game: Path of Exile (Platonic Hate)

• WightyWighty Member UncommonPosts: 699
    misposted

What are your other Hobbies?

Gaming is Dirt Cheap compared to this...