Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ArcheAge should be soon.

DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982

ArcheAge should be soon.

Their podcast a few weeks ago stated that translation has been completed LINK (24:00). Moreover, they just revamped much of their website.

HMMMMMMMMMM...

This would be a good time for AA to launch, as there are no other games like it on the horizon, e.g., gigantic open worlds, world pvp, world housing, sandpark-style elements, etc. EQL Alpha won't be for everyone and EQN is most likely years away from launch.

Comments

• bobfishbobfish Member UncommonPosts: 1,679
    Soon.. that would be after a couple of months of Beta and pre-launch hype.. so probably just in time to go up against TESO. :)
  • gxizhegxizhe Member UncommonPosts: 23
    People who played the China CBT said that the game is not that good
  • Jonas_SGJonas_SG Member UncommonPosts: 475
    Is this a cosmetic game like GW2 or is there a End game content?
  • DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982
    Originally posted by gxizhe

ArcheAge appeals so much more to NA. It's probably the most free-spirited MMO over in Asia.

They are more interested in Candy Land. ArcheAge is Monopoly.

• djazzydjazzy Member Posts: 3,578
    Originally posted by Jonas_SG

what is end game content?

• LachyFTWLachyFTW Member UncommonPosts: 181
    The end game is clan wars and castle sieges if I'm not mistaken.
  • Informer80Informer80 Member Posts: 91

That is correct.

The game failed hard in Korea and Japan. Just look at the russian version, 3 months and nobody cares about that game!

• FappuccinoFappuccino Member Posts: 159

Why not?

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Originally posted by Informer80

That is correct.

The game failed hard in Korea and Japan. Just look at the russian version, 3 months and nobody cares about that game!

Weird then that it took "Best in Show" during the Korea Gamer Awards in November eh?

http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/11/13/archeage-wins-big-at-korea-game-awards/

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• UtukuMoonUtukuMoon Member Posts: 1,066
    Originally posted by Kyleran

That is correct.

Weird then that it took "Best in Show" during the Korea Gamer Awards in November eh?

Lol, you beat me to it, so many people believe everything they hear or read on this site. 

• NaralNaral Member UncommonPosts: 748

That is correct.

I am not saying it is a good or bad game, I am cautiously hopeful though, as it would be something to look forward to. That said, awards mean squat. Loads of fairly worthless games win awards.  SWTOR won loads of awards. That does not make it an awesome game, or a well developed game.

• MikePaladinMikePaladin Member UncommonPosts: 592

Unfortunately I lost interest in ARCHAGE/Farm Vile   plus they always say soon and new info appears after 5 6 months so yeah AA will come very soon .....

• LlexXLlexX Member UncommonPosts: 200

That is correct.

• Korea: even tho it won an award (the source was linked before) it kinda failed here, the main reason was probably that XLGames used the Koreans as guinea pigs for the west and went too far with the P2W part of the game, as Jake Song said "the game was meant for the west" and that might be another reason why they didn't enjoy it.
    • Japan: it's doing good here, but really it has no chance against a local game, Final Fantasy 14.
    • China: it's extremely popular, can't say much about it since im not following it, but there are a few of my friends who are.
    • Russia: this is kind of a game (L2) they are looking for since a while, the publisher had a bad reputation here so that was a letdown for many, the beta servers are full and there is PvP everywhere, Mail.ru started to sell the early access packs and after about 24 hours they had to take them down because too many people were buying it and the players started to overflow the CBT servers and they weren't prepared for it. So telling that it's unpopular here is just nonsense.
    • EU/NA: no update, we are still mad at Trion, for being lazy :p

Note: the Russian version started in the middle of December, and not 3 months ago!
  • aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

• LlexXLlexX Member UncommonPosts: 200
    Originally posted by djazzy
    Originally posted by Jonas_SG

what is end game content?

It's an MMO which "should" have real-meaningful endgame, the territory control. Im saying "should" because at this point there are just only 6 of these territories available (from the 36 planned), and sieges are happening only every 3 weeks.

Apart from this, the endgame is mostly about crafting-trade.routes-open.world.PvP (like in Eve Online) and the race for the gear and land, but you have the classics like instance farming, PvP arenas,... then 21 very detailed crafting professions.

It's very different from the rest of the MMO's since you are going to spend 90%+ of your time on the open world and not in instances and arenas.

• KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,563

Funny comic from Fido shows the difference between AA and WOW.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Originally posted by Naral

That is correct.

I am not saying it is a good or bad game, I am cautiously hopeful though, as it would be something to look forward to. That said, awards mean squat. Loads of fairly worthless games win awards.  SWTOR won loads of awards. That does not make it an awesome game, or a well developed game.

Well, by one account AA appears to be the 7th most popular MMORPG in Korea as of November.  Sure, might not be dominating, but seems to be holding it's own.

http://surrealmmo.blogspot.com/2013/11/20131120-26-korean-game-ranking.html

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,626
    Originally posted by LlexX

That is correct.

• Korea: even tho it won an award (the source was linked before) it kinda failed here, the main reason was probably that XLGames used the Koreans as guinea pigs for the west and went too far with the P2W part of the game, as Jake Song said "the game was meant for the west" and that might be another reason why they didn't enjoy it.
    • Japan: it's doing good here, but really it has no chance against a local game, Final Fantasy 14.
    • China: it's extremely popular, can't say much about it since im not following it, but there are a few of my friends who are.
    • Russia: this is kind of a game (L2) they are looking for since a while, the publisher had a bad reputation here so that was a letdown for many, the beta servers are full and there is PvP everywhere, Mail.ru started to sell the early access packs and after about 24 hours they had to take them down because too many people were buying it and the players started to overflow the CBT servers and they weren't prepared for it. So telling that it's unpopular here is just nonsense.

Note: the Russian version started in the middle of December, and not 3 months ago!

This is the info I was looking for. Thanks!!

• ZagaZaga Member Posts: 23

That is correct.

Not talking about the ArcheAge case in particular (not following that at all), but personally I would not read too much into that sort of award. I've lost count of how many overhyped "award winners" turned out to be utter garbage.

Remember the reviews praising Age of Conan for turning MMO combat around with its innovative combo system, or Warhammer Online for turning PVP around with its meaningful RvR mechanics, or SWTOR for turning MMO storytelling around with its quality writing and expensive voice acting, or GW2 for turning PVE around with its lack of a holy trinity?

Originally posted by LlexX

That is correct.

Great news.

I hope trion will catch up to Mail.ru soon.

And OMG Russia got a game befor EU/NA? - that is just shocking news to me. 

Anyone from EU/NA is in Russian CBT?

• maccarthur2004maccarthur2004 Member UncommonPosts: 511

Why?

From what i know from L2, russians and eastern europeans are more "addicted" to mmos of the AA's kind (sandbox/pvp oriented) than westerns. I saw that in L2. They are a better market to eastern mmos than NA.

I am more shocked with South Korea producing more and better mmos than USA.

Originally posted by maccarthur2004

Why?

From what i know from L2, russians and eastern europeans are more "addicted" to mmos of the AA's kind (sandbox/pvp oriented) than westerns. I saw that in L2. They are a better market to eastern mmos than NA.

I am more shocked with South Korea producing more and better mmos than USA.

Because of Aion, it was released much later in Russia then NA/EU.

Once they open Russian CBT again, i am going for it.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

I think Beta may be soon as well,too bad the game did not go as well as planned so it had to go cash shop.Cash shop also did not go as planned so it was revamped as well,money is going to ruin this game badly.After this nobody is going to want to take risks on a big budget game.Luckily there is still a few quality games to come from over seas but they might now rush the release of those seeing how AA struggled.

This game is of triple A quality,it covers all bases,weather you like how each system is done is open for your opinion ...of course.Now a days listening to opinion can be VERY skewed,especially if listening to players who the only thing they do in a game is chase end game loot and think that is gaming 101.

I have my own good and bad of this game,the cash shop will most likely be the killer for me,but i would like to give the game a try.

Yogcast  This is a Beta from 2012 with the Yogcast team.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• sync8sync8 Member UncommonPosts: 42
    Originally posted by maccarthur2004

Why?

This is true.

I'm wondering if the safe zones will be revamped on RU servers.