Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I don't know what they did, but it feels better

RocknissRockniss Member Posts: 1,034

I just logged into Rift, first time in about 10 months, the game feels alot more responsive then I remember it. I so far have been pleasantly suprised.

I was playing and I just caught myself thinking, hmmm, I could get into this, it feels better than I remember. 

Did they send out a patch at some point anyone know that helped the movement, fluidiity, and response of the game? 

Comments

• ComafComaf Member UncommonPosts: 1,150
    Originally posted by Rockniss

I just logged into Rift, first time in about 10 months, the game feels alot more responsive then I remember it. I so far have been pleasantly suprised.

I was playing and I just caught myself thinking, hmmm, I could get into this, it feels better than I remember. 

Did they send out a patch at some point anyone know that helped the movement, fluidiity, and response of the game? 

I tried to play the other day when Blizzard got hit hard with a DoS attack.  It feels fluid as always, but I never see anything in that game that I can't do in WoW only more of.  I don't care much for the Rift events - those got boring for me in beta.

But same old two factions, same class mechanics, slightly different races and forced pvp through crossover questing to save space for developers who claim it's intentional to give a pvp feel (here are folks who never play Dark Age of Camelot...the best pvp game ever made...without compare).

• RocknissRockniss Member Posts: 1,034
    Originally posted by Comaf
    Originally posted by Rockniss

Did they send out a patch at some point anyone know that helped the movement, fluidity, and response of the game? 

I tried to play the other day when Blizzard got hit hard with a DoS attack.  It feels fluid as always, but I never see anything in that game that I can't do in WoW only more of.  I don't care much for the Rift events - those got boring for me in beta. 

But same old two factions, same class mechanics, slightly different races and forced pvp through crossover questing to save space for developers who claim it's intentional to give a pvp feel (here are folks who never play Dark Age of Camelot...the best pvp game ever made...without compare).

Well that's understandable, I can see them getting boring after a while especially at cap, but I am interested in this.....

You came directly from WoW maybe the day before, and still felt like Rift was fluid? 

See, I find that to be interesting because WoW to me makes "all" other mmorpg's feel clunky

• ISSPBlackISSPBlack Member UncommonPosts: 11
    Hi Rockniss! I have similar feelings about this game.I returned after a long break, and I have no doubt: RIFT is moving in the right direction. Cheers!
  • RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785

Is there a way to recover your old characters?

I downloaded it again last night (I stopped playing 5 months after launch) just to give it another go and my old shard had been removed (merged I'm sure) but I had no characters anywhere. I'm not interested in leveling again.