Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft: What's a Level 90 Worth To You?

Comments

• jdizzle2k13jdizzle2k13 Member UncommonPosts: 251

They should charge $0.50 per lvl.  So if u have a lvl 70, it'll cost u $10.  If u bump up a lvl 10, that's $40.  A lvl 1 will cost u $44.50.

Given the price of their other character services, I think it's a fair enough price point, give or take a dime or two.  There will be more incentive to actually lvl your charcter if u want to learn it, but ppl who got dough to blow can just pay for the character to be 90 at whatever point they want.

• WhySoSeriousWhySoSerious Member UncommonPosts: 156
    Glad I quit WoW. The idea of a subscription based game charging for insta 90's is despicable.
  • knightauditknightaudit Member UncommonPosts: 383
    I think 10-15 is good ... but I also think it should be limited .. a new payer to get that fast to 90.. not so sure about that ... would make content below 90 worthless ... i think you should get the option IF you have one or more 90's already.
  • AntiquatedAntiquated Member RarePosts: 1,415

One careful step at a time. Inching ever closer, but always just far enough that the fans can deny it's pay to win, yet.

Bean-counters whipping the devs for new ways to monetize.

"Squeeze them, just a hair more, come on. Need a new Porsche.'

• TyranosinTyranosin Member Posts: 56
    Originally posted by MikePaladin
    Originally posted by Malacth

I'd definitely pay to boost my characters to 90, after I've done the leveling content a dozen times now.

Don't get me wrong, I loved the leveling experience - the first few times. Now it feels a little like a chore.

I'd happily pay £20 for a level 90 character.

Don't judge what I, or others, want to spend our money on. Judge yourselves.

For additional 20 $ you can buy Achievements

for additional 20 $ you can buy top HEROIC RAID GEAR

for additional 20 $ Blizzards staff will play instead of you    ( because you're a very very busy person )

for additional 20 $ you can  acquire head shot skill that can kill tank BLOOD DK in 1 hit ( only today for 20 bucks you have chance to become top PVP player don't miss your opportunity )

and at the end you didn't play at all hahaha

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 16,638

This is VERY lame by Blizzard on top of their already lame move to allow it.

They know full well that the virtual properties inside of Wow are worth ZERO,absolutely nothing.You are allotted a license to use the product that can be revoked at anytime,you NEVER own anything in the game,if you don't own it,it is not worth a red penny.

What Blizzard is really doing is testing their player base to see if they are dumb enough to say something that want to hear,like it is worth a thousand bucks or something.NOBODY should answer them,if you feel the need then tell them something like it is worth nothing .

Better yet tell Blizzard to quit wasting resources and profits on dumb marketing surveys.tell them to create some content for the 10 million that make Blizzard rich and give it to them for free as part of the millions they take in sub fees.

Let Blizzard know that FFXIV is giving content at an ongoing rate and of higher quality than any asset that resides in Blizzard,tell them to put some of those profits back into the game where it belongs.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• fodell54fodell54 Member RarePosts: 859
    Originally posted by Rhoklaw
    Originally posted by udon
    Originally posted by centkin
    If you are paying to not play the game there is something wrong.

It depends what you believe the game is.  Is it the 1-90 content or end game content?  For a lot of people they have no interest in what they consider is nothing more than the lead up to the real game.

Which is exactly the problem with the MMO genre. MMORPG's came into existence back in the 90's because people thought it would be cool to have a 3D world for D&D fans to socialize and adventure in. UO and EQ were not about end game, they were about exploration, adventures and the progression. When you start eliminating the purpose of content in your own MMO, you are basically saying, we created a crap game.

The only viable reason for this insta level 90 would be if someone already did the content, thus already leveled up a 90. Sorry, but I think people should earn their levels like everyone else, at least once.

You mean like when UO offered Advanced Character Tokens in 2003 earlier then any other Western MMO cash shop. Somehow, Ultima Online always get off the hook for this.

Let the exploration began!

Only $30 for a character level up to 85 in each skill.

Sounds Legit.

• newbinatornewbinator Member Posts: 780
    Thanks Blizzard. Your greed has convinced me to never pay for your game again. [mod edit]
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    The thing i dont get is how they expect a new or even a seasoned player to be able to just hop on to a max lvl toon and actually know how to play the class, the learning curve will be steep. Unless Blizz has more plans to simplfy classes to the point where you are literally pressing 3 buttons to dps, we are almost there already.....
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• MatryoshkaMatryoshka Member UncommonPosts: 98
    I will never understand people who are willing to pay game companies to play their game less, but when it comes to WoW, the leveling experience is so awful and boring (and not in a challenging or grindy way), that I can kind of understand people wanting to pay to be max level to be quite honest. Especially because some have been playing it for around 10 years now having to drudge through the same boring leveling experience for the most part for that long.
  • GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,423
    I'd say $0...I already have every class 90, and several extra 90s XD
  • FusionFusion Member UncommonPosts: 1,398

Geared, they're worth hunnerds of dollers to some. To me, they're worth absolutely nd'n. I'd never pay for a character (i've sold plenty tho and not ashamed to admit it.) regardless of game, i've never spent on any cosmetics either and never will.

I pay my monthlies (if such apply) and nothing more.

http://neocron-game.com/ - now totally F2P no cash-shops or micro transactions at all.
  • SpellforgedSpellforged Member UncommonPosts: 458
    I won't play a game that sells maximum level characters.  Keep that crap on phones/tablets and away from real games.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 27,485

The only way I can ever see offering a level 90 (or whatever the level a particular game has) character is if the game has a limited leveling path and someone has already brought a character to the highest level.

• Fallen5Fallen5 Member UncommonPosts: 99
    Lol, but don't go buying max lvl chars from other players right? Rly, I'd probably pay for a few 90's if the price was good. I'd imagine it being a little high though knowing that they charge $25 for a mount. Even though I'd buy one, and that's just cause I do have the option, I'd still be pissed about it. Lots not like there's much adventure in this game anymore anyway. But still, took away trees, added dungeon finder, now boost to 90. Just take away lvling and give everyone all max lvl chars. Rly, I don't think everyone always just getting max lvl soon as they make their char would hurt this game much. It's already not wow anymore. I do love bg's though! Haha
  • jpnzjpnz Member Posts: 3,529
    I can see this costing $25.

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381

Before going to 24 hours of Le Mans I guess one should first learn to drive at all. This should be in worst case available to those that have at least one maxed out level or alike. Personally would never do such thing, leveled all my 11 alts personally with great (and sometimes less great :-)) joy. And have 11 horde as well between 40 and 80.

• SkyMarshalSkyMarshal Member Posts: 4
    Originally posted by MikePaladin
    Originally posted by Malacth

I'd definitely pay to boost my characters to 90, after I've done the leveling content a dozen times now.

Don't get me wrong, I loved the leveling experience - the first few times. Now it feels a little like a chore.

I'd happily pay £20 for a level 90 character.

Don't judge what I, or others, want to spend our money on. Judge yourselves.

For additional 20 $ you can buy Achievements

for additional 20 $ you can buy top HEROIC RAID GEAR

for additional 20 $ Blizzards staff will play instead of you    ( because you're a very very busy person )

for additional 20 $ you can  acquire head shot skill that can kill tank BLOOD DK in 1 hit ( only today for 20 bucks you have chance to become top PVP player don't miss your opportunity )

Someone seems to be a little butt hurt over the possibility.....

• abollardiereabollardiere Member Posts: 128

The more stuff  they  hand out for free that you normally have to work for, 

....the more banal the game gets.

and of course by free I mean in terms of  time and energy, not money.

SWG - droid engineer (retired)

CoH - Electric Lama - Lvl 26 Blaster(retired)

WoW - Kame - Lvl 60 NE Hunter
    Server: Zul'jin
    Guild: Crash Test Bunnies

• SeariasSearias Member UncommonPosts: 742
    I would pay 20 to $30, I have gotten a lot of classes to max level and hate the whole leveling thing from level 1 on different servers.

<InvalidTag type="text/javascript" src="http://www.gamebreaker.tv/cce/e.js"></script><div class="cce_pane" content-slug="which-world-of-warcraft-villain-are-you" ctype="quiz" d="http://www.gamebreaker.tv"></div>;

• WabbaWayWabbaWay Member Posts: 101

Man this game has come a long way from the WoW i used to play back in 2005... I stopped playing WoW in early Cata but still, makes me a little sad that they're going to put price tags on a character.

• quixadhalquixadhal Member UncommonPosts: 215

I wouldn't pay anything.  I already have 2 level 90's.  Why would I pay money to have a character that I don't know how to play?  FWIW, I took the free level 85 EQ2 character, and while it was amusing to solo a few dungeons with it, I also felt like to really play the level content the character was at, I'd need to invest a few weeks learning how everything worked.  Sure, a few weeks is less than the few months it would take me to level myself, but if I'm going to play an MMO, I kinda want to enjoy it for at least 6 months or more.

So, in short, if you don't think you'll enjoy the game long enough to level to 90, what makes you think you'll enjoy it AT 90 for any length of time?

• VutarVutar Member UncommonPosts: 916
    When EQ2 announced this nonsense I canceled my sub, uninstalled, and have not went back. That is what it will be worth in WoW as well.
  • WikileaksEUWikileaksEU Member UncommonPosts: 108
    Ding ding ding ding CASH SHOP
  • H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,309

If you really need to level a character to learn it, then you're bad.  Period.

It's not like there's a dearth of information out there about every class that a few miserly creatures living in caves are hiding from the rest of the world.

Learn to read.  Learn to test.  Leveling, and the absurd idea that it's a requirement to know what you're doing with your class stems from nothing more than "Hey, I had to level, so you should too.  Not fair!  Not fair!"

Life isn't fair.  Anyone who tells you otherwise is either lying or trying to sell you something.  -Dread Pirate Roberts