Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Your most anticipated MMO game/expansion of 2014..

Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Just name one....

Here we go, my choice is 

The Elder Scrolls Online

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Comments

• VincerKadenVincerKaden Member UncommonPosts: 457
    The Repopulation

• syriinxsyriinx Member UncommonPosts: 1,383
    Im more interested in Next than Landmark, so Warlords of Draenor by default.
  • BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

Warlords of Draenor, but also Destiny (not technically an MMO) and Diablo 3 expac (also not technically an MMO)

• RandaynRandayn Member UncommonPosts: 904
    Elder Scrolls Online and The Repopulation (Repop would win the tiebreaker if it was actually in beta, but taking way too long to get there and Im concerned it wont get there)

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    The Repopulation

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105

The Division

Because I think ESO is a trainwreck in waiting and EQN is not coming out this year.  Not a crafter and I hated minecraft so Landmark gets no hype from me.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502

Originally posted by Vayman
    The Repopulation

Same, hoping it makes it to BETA, this new round of kick starter and Green Light should help but I am not holding my breath.

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• BearKnightBearKnight Member CommonPosts: 461
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

Just name one....

Here we go, my choice is 

The Elder Scrolls Online

Probably "The Division" since it is coming to PC now.

ESO is a failed experiment to go heavy themeparky and trying to bring in multiple crowds while still not honoring the original IP concept of Elder Scrolls, so no go there.

The Repopulation would have been my choice if they had been using a different engine than Hero Engine. Hero Engine is very, "Waxy" feeling when you work on it. Not a very good choice for an engine tbh.

• ZzuluZzulu Member Posts: 452

I'm not anticipating much for 2014.

I guess I'll keep an eye on Elder Scrolls Online and Wildstar but I doubt I'll play either outside of the betas. EQ:Landmark interests me but I'm not sure how it'll qualify as an MMO yet

for 2015 it's EQ:Next and Warhammer 40.000: Eternal Crusade all the way.

I only heard of The Repopulation yesterday and it certainly has many interesting sandbox features but you can see from a mile away that it's going to be buggy and unfinished at launch so I'll just wait a year or two before I venture into that mess

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361

The Division

Destiny

Elder Scrolls Online

• RaidonnRaidonn Member UncommonPosts: 12
    Elder Scrolls Online
  • stealthbrstealthbr Member UncommonPosts: 1,054
    ESO
  • SWGbestevaSWGbesteva Member Posts: 10
    In order, The Repopulation, EQ Next, and Wildstar, though EQ Next and Wildstar are probably tied right now.
  • MalviousMalvious Member UncommonPosts: 218
    Nothing its going to be another year of fail mmo's o/

Fine, we'll compromise. I'll get my way & you'll find a way to be okay with that.

• KarahandrasKarahandras Member UncommonPosts: 1,703
    Originally posted by Vayman
    The Repopulation

This for the moment, but I'll wait and see how the cash shop pans out before even trying it.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] UncommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • severiusseverius Member UncommonPosts: 1,516

Absolutely positively nothing.  Unless something is brewing with zero press coverage I cannot see myself parting with a dollar or 1mb of hard drive space for the drivel that these companies are pushing out their doors.

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,056
    Originally posted by ElRenmazuo

The Division

Destiny

Elder Scrolls Online

According to the devs Destiny is not an MMO and is not coming to the pc. Just sayin....

My vote goes to hoping Black Desert gets here in some capacity. Other than that very disappointed with a few betas I was in for some big name titles coming out this year. Wish there was something to look forward to :/

Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • SiphaedSiphaed Member RarePosts: 1,114
    Wild*

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by Viper482

According to the devs Destiny is not an MMO and is not coming to the pc. Just sayin....

Close enough.

Destiny is listed here just like D3.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

Well, the biggest thing that has my curiosity this year is the fact that AO actually has a replacement engine in beta.

I want to see WOW:WoD too.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    I'll have to go with the Division, okay its more of a multiplayer online thing than an MMO, but, the graphics looked awesome and i like FPS, though not so keen on 3PS. Mostly though i just see myself playing the same games i was playing in 2013. image
  • HelleriHelleri Member UncommonPosts: 930

I am hoping runescape will get it's act back together this coming year. 2013 was supposed to be "the year of the players" and they fell painfully short (it's at the very least good on their part to full admit to this). The HTML5 failure especially, was really disappointing. They did a lot of hard work on that, so that runescape could be ported out to tablets, smart phones and other devices. And, it simply didn't come to fruition. They were shooting to high, support for what they want to introduce simply isn't there yet. So, while the HTML5 beta is still open, live with the current game, and playable...It remains laggy and terrible. So Runescape3 is left essentially half-finished and may be so for another 2-3 years.

But, my hope comes from what's going on starting in January of the new year. The Runescape team will be adding an in-game guaranteed content polling system in which the players will take partial control of the development. No around 7 development decisions in varying ranges of game impact will be made by the players each month. The players by voting will now have the ability to instruct development on where to focus. The feed-back forum mod team is supposed to be stepping up their game as well. There should also be a much greater degree of player submitted content and support for it. I am hoping this will be a really good year for runescape (something of a redemptive year).