Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Going to try, have a few questions

LanmoragonLanmoragon Member Posts: 994

Well, out of all of the major and some non-major MMORPG's, DAOC is one of the few I havent tried, so i have a few questions.

1) Population: I saw a list of servers, or what I think was servers, and their populations. The highest number I saw was around 1,800 with 1400 coming in second. This was around primetime. Is this really the server population? Also what server/realm would you suggest that has a fairly large server base?

2) Concerning the RvR aspect, is there a certian level that unless you hit, you are basically useless? I dont mind the RvR part being for the high levels, but does it take months and months to hit 50?

3) What is the guild structure like? Are there alliances within the realms that many guild can belong to. Are there guild houses and capes?

4) How is the crafting? I thought I saw somewhere that you can own your own house. Is this true?

5) One common question is, how would it run on my comp? I have a 3.06 P4, 768 RAM and and Nvidia 5200 64mb(cant change that, i use a laptop::::16::)

Mostly I want to get into this game because the MxO PvP doesnt have a point yet, and guild wars is only small scale matches. Im looking for something on a larger scale.

Comments

• dyardyar Member Posts: 1

Hi, I try give you some information:

1. yes you right it's real populations on servers. In game present next 3 types of servers: PvE, RvR, PvP (I hope you know what thin mean)

2. present 2 types of RvR, first - for low level (it present for get real points and real abilities, it's give you posibility faster take lvl ). second - true RvR and only from 45+ peaple start take you here. For fast leveling you need train in group.

3. ---

4. In game present good crafting (for more information - visit official site). Yes, you can but house (actualy you buy house place and then place on it one of choosed house type) and in it you can place many items.

5. I think it will enough for DAOC (also in game present 2 types (mouse usable) of client TOA, Catacombs).

P.S. Sorry my english. :(

• JulianDracosJulianDracos Member UncommonPosts: 1,528

1.  Most servers have low population on them.  I am not sure what time you were looking at and maybe it was that particular day, but most of the time that I look at the server status from aroubd 4pm eastern to midnight, Merlin will have 1800-2200 people and Lancelot will have 1400-1800.

This biggest myth about all of this is that there are low subscription numbers.  The subscription number is high, but most of the people who play it have been playing for years and therefore do not speen as much time playing the game.  I know I went from 40-60 hours a week down to say 20 at most.  Damn real life getting in my way

2.  You can start doing RvR from level 1.  They are called battlegrounds and are level restricted.  For most servers the battlegrounds do not have a lot of people in them until around level 20.  Then you will be able to stay in them from 20-45.  At 45 you are forced to go to the froniters in order to fight other realms.  You are better off spending your time getting to level 50.  You will hit level 50 depending on how much time you spend, if you group, and your class.  You can do it is 4-6 days played for most people.  For some it might take 8-10 days.  The battlegrounds are a lot of fun and you might have enough fun in there to avoid the rush to 50.  You will get 1 free level at least once a week depending on your realm/server.  This can really speed things up.  The slowest levels are 48-50.  You will probably spend at least a day doing those levels. 

3.  You can belong to a guild.  The guild can set different ranks and those ranks will have names.  Guilds can own a house.  The guildmaster can set permission on who can enter the house, what vaults the player can use, if he can claim a keep, can he upgrade a keep, and if they can wear shields/cloaks with the emblem on it.  Guilds can join alliances.  An alliance can have 15 or so guilds in it.  The next patch will add a lot of feautres tot he guild system including the ability to have a bank and carry banners into battle with the guild symbol on it. 

4.  You can buy your own house.  There are 3-4 types of hosues per realm.  You can put crafting tools, vaults, merchants, and decorations in it.  Crafting sucks in this game.  By that I mean it is a long boring grind.  Some are slightly better than others.  Spellcrafting is the worst grind, others ones are acceptible.  It is hard to make a living just off of crafting.  With the exception of spellcrafters most of the money crafters make are by destroying loot and turning it into trinkets and then selling the trinkets.

5.  Your computer is good enough to run it.  You should not have any problems running the game.  In the front since you only have 64 MB on your vid card you might need to turn some of the graphic settings down to avoid lag, but that will be it. 

• LanmoragonLanmoragon Member Posts: 994

Thanks for the replies. Im just going to go into it remembering not to expect many people below level 20 and pray that I dont spend that long of a time there.

• dantekaozdantekaoz Member Posts: 4

so.... dark age of camelot ...... what can i say   

1. real people. good servers too

2. great graphics. its worth paying for the service

3. latinos. lo mejor de todo. asi es. people from all over the world

4. i havent been disconected at all. means it has good connection stability

PDS:

saludos a los hispanos en mmorpg. com

• lewllewl Member Posts: 86

Originally posted by Lanmoragon
    Well, out of all of the major and some non-major MMORPG's, DAOC is one of the few I havent tried, so i have a few questions.1) Population: I saw a list of servers, or what I think was servers, and their populations. The highest number I saw was around 1,800 with 1400 coming in second. This was around primetime. Is this really the server population? Also what server/realm would you suggest that has a fairly large server base?Yes thats the server population split over three realms. Merlin and Lance among other have the largest populations but there are two groups of three servers that are clustered together.2) Concerning the RvR aspect, is there a certian level that unless you hit, you are basically useless? I dont mind the RvR part being for the high levels, but does it take months and months to hit 50?You can wait until you get to 50 to RvR or you can checkit out early ing the battlesgrounds. There are basically zones for lower leves to play against each other they are much smaller then they big RvR zone but they are pretty fun. 3) What is the guild structure like? Are there alliances within the realms that many guild can belong to. Are there guild houses and capes?You can join a guild. Most of the best guilds are established but theres usually some new ones looking for members. Mostly though you can get into one that suits your play style. There are Aliiences. Your can check out which are the big alliance on you server be going to the hearland online. They track alliences by members and realmpoints so you can get an idea of the guild you want to get in based on the alliance they belong to and realm points they get etc. 4) How is the crafting? I thought I saw somewhere that you can own your own house. Is this true?Crafting is OK. It takes allot of time and money and gets you a llittle. Allot of time you can make some of your own gear. Tons of time you can customize everything to make your self mor competive. Basically most everything you craft th ingredients are bought at merchants and then you press one botton over and over again until you get hemeroids and skill up.5) One common question is, how would it run on my comp? I have a 3.06 P4, 768 RAM and and Nvidia 5200 64mb(cant change that, i use a laptop::::16::)Might want a new graphics card. 64 M is pretty small and 5200 is old. Which then you might want a new power suply. processor and ram are enough though. Mostly I want to get into this game because the MxO PvP doesnt have a point yet, and guild wars is only small scale matches. Im looking for something on a larger scale.

Zergtastic. If you get to 50 they got massive zergs in spades. If you graphic card can keep up though.