Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How's the state of the game?

12346»

Comments

• bobdole1979bobdole1979 Member Posts: 210
    Originally posted by simplius

2013 was LAST YEAR

AFAIK leia wasnt a lesbian

and , she didnt become a jedi , for many years

she , certainly , isnt a jedi on this picture

and, she isnt wielding an axe , either

at least, they TRIED to explain something

STOs basic lore is: what do we have resources for? what can we sell?

then, they base the mission/episode on that calculation

remember kirks first fight against a gorn?

that is LORE

it is also HORRIBLE

Still took them 3 years to add a modable UI  that is just down right pathetic

Are you trying to say that gay people aren't in Star Wars?  Do you have a problem with gay people in Star Wars?

Again nothing about a Axe Wielding lesbian jedi in lingere is in no way lore breaking

Having Dead characters come back for a cameo in your video game is lore breaking. 

Umm The fight with the gorn is another one of those iconic sci fi images.  Not to mention its one of the most important episdoes of Star Trek. 

• superniceguysuperniceguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,278
    Originally posted by bobdole1979

2013 was LAST YEAR

that is LORE

it is also HORRIBLE

Are you trying to say that gay people aren't in Star Wars?  Do you have a problem with gay people in Star Wars?

Again nothing about a Axe Wielding lesbian jedi in lingere is in no way lore breaking

Having Dead characters come back for a cameo in your video game is lore breaking. 

Umm The fight with the gorn is another one of those iconic sci fi images.  Not to mention its one of the most important episdoes of Star Trek. 

Denise Crosby came back in TNG too, so is not lore breaking, and the recent Star Trek films have twisted things so much I have given up trying to keep up with lore.  In MMOs they are always lore breaking, but every class being able to be Bounty Hunters in the BH event is just stupid. When I saw the BH event I thought cool, but when I played it it was another lame thing, and having it active once a week per month, is just a way to keep players coming back to the game to finish it off. If the content was actually any good they would make it a permanent fixture as people would keep playing it regardless.

Originally posted by superniceguy

2013 was LAST YEAR

that is LORE

it is also HORRIBLE

Denise Crosby came back in TNG too, so is not lore breaking, and the recent Star Trek films have twisted things so much I have given up trying to keep up with lore.  In MMOs they are always lore breaking, but every class being able to be Bounty Hunters in the BH event is just stupid. When I saw the BH event I thought cool, but when I played it it was another lame thing, and having it active once a week per month, is just a way to keep players coming back to the game to finish it off. If the content was actually any good they would make it a permanent fixture as people would keep playing it regardless.

it is lore breaking when they kill off every one of her characters.  

No MMOs they are not always lore breaking nothing in SWTOR breaks the lore.    The BH is a carry over from the BH missions in Knights of the Old Republic.    

You are missing the point of the event it is suppsoed to be SWTORs version of the Dark Moon Faire.  

• BarCrowBarCrow Member UncommonPosts: 2,195
    Originally posted by BarCrow
    Originally posted by superniceguy

Not really, and Life Day event was a joke, just chucking snowballs at people, STO added in a whole new area.

What was the anniversary event like in SWTOR? STO added in a whole new mission last year which loads of free goodies and got Denise Crosby to voice it. It will be interesting to see what they have planned this year. Michael Dorn reprised his role as Worf in a new mission just before christmas. STO is definatley getting more attention than SWTOR is, or has any of the Star Wars actors done anything for SWTOR recently?

Most of the stuff that has been added to SWTOR is just basic stuff, that even the lamest of missions done by players in SWG using the Chronicles system was more complex.

EDIT: Forgot STO also added a beautifully stunning new Resort in the summer, where you could get Jet Packs and fly about the place, which Bounty Hunters are dying for! STO continues to amaze with what they can do with the game, SWTOR stuff is just meh, as the game is rigid and can not be updated much with totally new stuff

Life day isn't really an event and doing stuff for anniveries are kind of rare.  WoW for example has only ever celebrated its 5th year anniversery. 

Of course you ignore the pretty amazing Bounty Hunter Event in SWTOR or the amazing Gree or the upcoming Return of the Rakgouhl events. 

I looked at the patch notes that annivery event was just them relasing their yearly content update.    It seems that STO is down to 1 content patch  or "Season" a year.  

and those seasons are small on content. 

Getting failed Star Trek actors isn't what I would be boasting about.  That would be like SWTOR being proud that they managed to get the voice of Jar Jar binks in the game.

oh BS basic stuff my asss  SWG never had a mission anywhere near as good as the most basic SWTOR mission.  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcOXm2hstE4

SO EXCITING!!  Can't imagnine how SWG ever failed

Oh check this out.  STO JUST GOT A CUSTMIZABLE UI  ROFL  talk about basic stuff  It took STO 3 years to get a custimizable interface.

Ok that kind of ended the disscusion on STO getting new amazing content out ROFL

edit wait  Denise Crosby?  All of her characters are supposed to be dead WTF?  Is STO lore breaking?

Despite preferring SWTOR over STO, I do play the latter once in a while and there really is a shite ton of stuff to do imo. I don't know the rate of new content but since beta and launch....it seems to have tripled to quadrupled at least. Not necessarily actual "world" volume but stuff you can do in the "world". Still sucks that both games are so piecemealed though. Neither truly feel like a whole living and continuous universe imo. They lack a "connection" factor and sense of wonder and exploration. If that makes any sense. Of course, so does my life in general at this point. lolbwoti. (laughing out loud but weeping on the inside)

I have to disagree with WOW as well..they usually have events going on for various holidays or seasons. There is a carnival..a Halloween type event...stuff going down on Christmas, valentines day I believe. Even Brewfest which may or may not be part of the Halloween season event. RIFT and GW2 are always doing seasonal stuff. LOTRO. There are really quite a few so they are not as rare as you may believe.

we are talking specifically about the anniversery.  Not just seasonal events.     WoW doesn't do anything for its anniversy it does do things for seasonal events.

but when it comes to seasonal events Every MMO starts off with only a few seasonal events and they grow them.  SWTOR is no different.   SWTOR is building a nice collection of events.  Right now it has the Bounty Hunter event which is similar to WoWs Dark Moon Faire.  They have the Rakghoul event and the Gree event.   They did do the Cheven event but i don't know if they are going to do that again. 

However the problem with seasonal events in SWTOR comes in how do you do events that are galaxy wide?  You can't do thanksgiving or Halloween.  So they do what they are doing with the Rahkgoul and Gree and so on.

ahh. My mistake. 

Gree event is the only one I haven't done. Not quite maxed in bounty reps..but close. Haven't played in a few months but I always sub. I like the game for what it is and continue my support. I should probably try  the rahkgoul event again. I've never cared for Lifeday events in SWTOR  or SWG for that matter.(and not because of that horrible Star Wars holiday special)

• BarCrowBarCrow Member UncommonPosts: 2,195

2013 was LAST YEAR

that is LORE

it is also HORRIBLE

Nothing is truly lore breaking in Star Trek because they always have so many temporal anomalies going on. Anything or anyone could happen.  lol. I disagree with the term "lore breaking" being thrown about. Just because something is not written in any form of media as of yet doesn't me it could never exist in the IP's universe. Why not force-using BH's  or the existence of same sex attraction (which is evident throughout the animal kingdom)?  Because no one wrote about it yet? None of this shite existed before someone thought...then wrote about it.

Now...have Leia and Luke be unrelated , Yoda turn to the dark side or Spock become a smart ass andorian prostitute who Kirk pays to sleep with him and I wouldn't disagree about the "lore breaking" nature of those changes. Changing the basic foundation of an IP and existing characterizations for example would be lore-breaking imo. Not the little things. Especially if they've gone unwritten or could use and survive further elaboration or reflection. 

Hell..i'd even agree that Lucas broke his own lore when he pulled midichlorians out of his arse. It's obvious he even agreed because the idea seemed to have quickly  faded into obscurity.

I would say that Galaxies was lore breaking.  Hundreds of jedis running around during the time in between Empire Strikes back and Return of the Jedi.  At that time there should only be Luke and Yoda.  

now that is lore breaking.

• simpliussimplius Member UncommonPosts: 1,134

2013 was LAST YEAR

that is LORE

it is also HORRIBLE

it didnt take 3 years, if i remember correctly, it was something like 18 months

i dont know, whether there are gay people in star wars, but i dont recall seeing any of them in the movies

no, i dont have a problem with Gays, but this takes it one step further

if you didnt notice ..swtor is CRAWLING with DEAD characters

yes, it is iconical, in its hilarity

i actually tried to Watch that episode once,  i couldnt stand more than 10 mins

im watching BSG on netflix, now Theres something iconical

2013 was LAST YEAR

that is LORE

it is also HORRIBLE

it didnt take 3 years, if i remember correctly, it was something like 18 months

i dont know, whether there are gay people in star wars, but i dont recall seeing any of them in the movies

no, i dont have a problem with Gays, but this takes it one step further

if you didnt notice ..swtor is CRAWLING with DEAD characters

yes, it is iconical, in its hilarity

i actually tried to Watch that episode once,  i couldnt stand more than 10 mins

im watching BSG on netflix, now Theres something iconical

yes it did take 3 years they did it back in march. 

Takes it one step further?  Hmmm sounds to me like someone here is homophobic

How is SWTOR crawling with dead characters?

Yeah BSG isn't anywhere near as iconic as the original Star Trek. 

• ImperialSunImperialSun Member Posts: 212

Star Trek:

To boldly endure an inferior universe populated by an apathetic military state that is so bored with their misguided personal paradise that they jettison thousands of their people to the vast corners of the universe, to find them something interesting to look at.

That's right, Trekkies, come at me.

Driz

• PanzerbasePanzerbase Member Posts: 423
    Life support would be a good description. 
  • BadOrbBadOrb Member UncommonPosts: 791
    Originally posted by Panzerbase
    Life support would be a good description. 

Yup , especially with GS coming out for F2P and preferred. Then there's possibly going to be speech bubbles , player housing and a brand new rakghoul plague. Otherwise they are keeping fairly silent on what we are going to get moving forward. Beep , beep , beep , beep ( the silent but still beeping treatment ).

Cheers,

BadOrb.

PSO 4 years , EQOA 4 months , PSU 7 years , SWTOR launch ongoing , PSO2 SEA launch ongoing , Destiny 360 launch ongoing.
    "SWG was not fun. Let it go buddy." quote from iiNoSkillzii 10/18/13
    The original propoganda pixie dust villain :[]

This discussion has been closed.