Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2014 What you will be playing

Comments

• LustmordLustmord Member UncommonPosts: 1,114
    Darkfall: Unholy Wars.
  • xAPOCxxAPOCx Member UncommonPosts: 869
    The only game i care about atm is AA. Everything else means nothing to me.... yet.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    DAOC for the 1st quarter, then perhaps TESO, after that not sure, depends on what actually releases.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

i know i'll try Landmark and Wildstar

-- whether i keep playing them remains to be seen

the game I'm looking forward to most in 2014 is a single player RPG

http://www.divinityoriginalsin.com/

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/12/09/hands-on-divinity-original-sin-2/

• TalemireTalemire Member UncommonPosts: 839
    EQN and AA, I'm tired of theme parks to the point where I only want to play sandboxes anymore. I don't like the PvP system in either ESO or Wildstar. I forgot about Dark Souls 2, I'll prob pick that up as the first one had good PvP. The game has excellent replayability as well. Might check out WoD.
    Isaiah 41:10
  • MetanolMetanol Member UncommonPosts: 248

I am looking forward to Divinity: Original Sin most. But after that, I believe Wasteland 2, Witcher 3 and Xenonauts will keep me busy.

Of course I do have to give TESO and EQ:N a fair try, but I have no hopes or expectations for EQ:N, other than that it will fail me.

But otherwise, I'll stick to the same old games. Some milsims, some good RPGs and on the mmo side; I will be busy with Guild Wars 1 and DDO.

We?re all dead, just say it.

• LeGrosGamerLeGrosGamer Member UncommonPosts: 223
     Nothing until 2015, 2014 is crap, MMO wise.  2015 is where the fun will be at. :)
  • VincerKadenVincerKaden Member UncommonPosts: 457
    Probably The Repopulation Beta. Otherwise, I'll check in on both DC Universe and LOTRO as time permits, and TSW. I bounce around to a bunch of MMOs, never settling on one as my online "home". Maybe Repop will be the one for me ultimately.

• djazzydjazzy Member Posts: 3,578

Will be playing GW2 for sure. I'll give ESO a shot. I'm definitely interested in EQL (and EQN but that won't come out this year) but I don't want to pay $60 just to play the beta.

that's about it for mmos

• flclimaxflclimax Member UncommonPosts: 92
    still GW2.
  • cesmode8cesmode8 Member UncommonPosts: 431

-GW2

-Warframe

-Wildstar

-Diablo 3 - RoS

-TESO

-EQN(if it releases).

I will continue to play GW2 for the next 3 months or so to see if anything comes out of the several CDIs that have happened...if the development direction doesn't right its course, I'll probably end up leaving the game for quite a while, or for good.  Right around the time for Diablo 3 - RoS in March and TESO in April.  I'll play those for a month or two, see if I like either...  At which time we should know when Wildstar releases(hopefully).  I'll probably muddle back and forth between D3 and TESO, depending which one I enjoy more until Wildstar.  I HOPE to make WIldstar my mainstay game (at least until EQN), but really any of these can fit the mold.  All the while, sprinkling in some Warframe with a friend, and waiting for EQN to release(which probably wont be until 2015). 

Once EQN releases...its all over me thinks

Edit: I might try landmark...its just minecraft with better graphics and more to do.  It has zero impact on the actual EQN game, aside from a few creations the devs might pull into EQN from landmark.  Other than that, no character progression, power, accumulations, $$ will transfer from landmark to next so theres no NEED to play it unless you want to just have fun.

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432

I am hoping that Worlds of Magic hits their 2014 release date :)

I am excited to see how "the spiritual successor to Master of Magic" plays out :)

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

Diablo 3 expansion, may be Hearthstone.

• TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026

My short term interests are:

ESO

Archeage (if the translation ever gets done)

I have no interest in Wildstar. Logged in once and never want to ever again. For an mmo to interest me now it has to be trying something drastically different than the usual themepark game.

Future interests are in the area of games like Pathfinder, Camelot Unchained (my most anticipated) and perhaps even Shroud of the Avatar if only because it is a drastically different approach to an mmo. I fear EQN will be far to childish for my tastes but it at least interests me in mechanics and design.

You stay sassy!

• LordShockTitanLordShockTitan Member Posts: 16
    Most likely Planetside 2, ESO, and EQN if it releases next year that is...
  • aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167

EQ:L at some point when it moves to open beta or w/e.

The Division, ive been looking forward to this one for a while, but probly won't see it until this time next year.

EQ2 and maybe some nostalgia in Vanguard.

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

• IylzIylz Member Posts: 107
    Testing, obtaining, and preparing for Star Citizen.
  • DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    EQN if it comes out next year. Everything else I'll be waiting to see how it is after launch. I don't buy games now on launch day anymore.
  • udonudon Member UncommonPosts: 1,803
    I'll be giving EQ:L, ESO and Wildstar a whirl next year but don't have a lot of faith I'll still be playing any of them in 2015.  Hopefully I'll be surprised.  Oh and Destiny I guess counts as a MMO, at least as much as Defiance does.
  • BlazerXBlazerX Member UncommonPosts: 86

ArcheAge.

And the definitive WoW killer:

Lineage 3 <- oh yeah it's coming.

• Whiskey_SamWhiskey_Sam Member UncommonPosts: 323
    No idea.  Nothing has grabbed me yet as being worth playing for more than a few months.  

• sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373

There is nothing on the horizon that peeks my attention.  At the moment this is how I see things playing out.  I am learning how to play the guitar and I will be playing bandfuse and rocksmith as my main games.  I always seem to sneek some some Secret World every now  and then.

This is the first time in about 5 years that I have not been anxiously awaiting a MMO.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] UncommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Shoko_LiedShoko_Lied Member UncommonPosts: 2,193
    Nothing!
  • Cephus404Cephus404 Member CommonPosts: 3,675
    I will continue not playing any MMOs for the foreseeable future.  They're just not fun for me and the communities suck.

Played: UO, EQ, WoW, DDO, SWG, AO, CoH, EvE, TR, AoC, GW, GA, Aion, Allods, lots more
    Relatively Recently (Re)Played: HL2 (all), Halo (PC, all), Batman:AA; AC, ME, BS, DA, FO3, DS, Doom (all), LFD1&2, KOTOR, Portal 1&2, Blink, Elder Scrolls (all), lots more
    Now Playing: None
    Hope: None